Hi all!

Are any of you affiliates of AllDomains.com?

We were just looking at it. You can customize the domain search screen and prices. You get a percentage of what you sell... like 20%, I think.

NetworkSolutions.com gives you 30%, but does not seem to have the ability to have your own customized search screen.

Do any of you have experience as an affiliate of these or other domain selling companies?

Thank you for your help!

Anna and Paula [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hi again!

Now we're looking at AllDomains.com and GoDaddy.com - any experience selling names with these or other merchants?

I have some very old affiliate links to registrars.com which is now networksolutions.com (in some way), and they've been sending me checks for two years.

I haven't really followed anything stats-wise - so there might very well be better options out there [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

What I'm saying is that I don't know what my conversion ratio is - but it must be pretty decent - since I barely have any traffic to that site but still get the checks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the reply, Knut!

Actually, we have bought all of our domains through NetWorkSolutions.com - Not sure why now that I know other places charge less.

Maybe we will consider them as a merchant for domain names. I think the commission is $10 per name.

ABW Ambassador
    Hey Knut, glad you found us here!

One good thing about Network Solutions is that when your domain is about to expire they warn you multiple times. I had two domains that I decided I'd never use, so I let them expire. There is NO WAY I could have let them expire by accident because I got several emails and even snailmails reminding me. So while they seem more expensive up front, there is some service later on that might justify it.

Sometimes you hear about someone who lost their site because they forgot to renew the domain name. Spending a few bucks extra on a registrar with better followup might have been cheap after all.

It's just one more thing to think about ...

Elisabeth Archambault

Paula: No problem [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Actually, Registrars.com used to pay $25 per domain, and I think they still do.

Personally I think they are a little expensive (but they obviously do sell for that price still). 2 years ago (when I set up the links) the average prices for domains were higher - so I simply chose the one that paid most per domain. If I were to set up a new site now promoting domain sales, I'd probably choose someone else out of empathy for the surfer/fellow webmaster [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I personally use 000domains.com for my own domains. They have an affiliate program, but it would take _a lot_ of sales to make any significant money with as low commisions as they have.

Elisabeth: Thanks for the welcome! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I signed up here a long time ago and have been lurking every now and then. It is a great community. I'll try to stop by and post more often than I've done [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: Knut ]

ABW Ambassador
    Itsyourdomain.com has a good affiliate program, and it's semi-transparent to your site's visitors.
    Though the commission rates aren't very high (you add your own markup to their base price - 2 or 3 bucks is probably the most appropriate) I'd rather settle for the two or three bucks then even try to use netsol; even the greenest newbie knows they don't have to look far to get a name for a lot less than $35.

quote:
    I personally use 000domains.com for my own domains. They have an affiliate program, but it would take _a lot_ of sales to make any significant money with as low commisions as they have.

I use them too. I switched all my domains over to them from Namesecure last year and have all my clients switching to them. They are extremely easy to work with if you are registering for someone else and they (unlike Namesecure) warn the heck out of you just like Network solutions. I am extremely pleased with them. I've had some nightmarish times with Network Solutions as have some of my clients; same with Namesecure but to a lesser extent.

I wish 000domains would get a decent affiliate program; I think they only pay 40 cents per domain. Actually I think 000domains is a reseller for Tucows/SRS
    and you can sign up to do the same here: http://resellers.tucows.com/opensrs/

It doesn't look like a bad deal; I'm still trying to decide if I want to go that route.

[ 04-17-2002: Message edited by: eaglefire ]

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread