Affiliate Manager
    Anyone using Facebook?
    Hey,

Really interested to hear what people have to say in regards to using Facebook for affiliate marketing. And what they would be looking for in an affiliate network in regards to resources/tools.

Cheers

J

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Not sure what a network would provide to an affiliate re FB, but as an affiliate in 2015, I frequently post links to blog posts. The blog posts, though, are first and foremost content posts (sports, politics, environmental issues), but generally with affiliate links. I also post re new products added to other sites, especially re holidays or other events, but you can't overdo that without consequences - 3-4 per week at most I think is an appropriate limit, mixed in with noncommercial stuff

After questionable results for many years, I stopped all paid advertising a couple of years ago, but at that time, my ROI on FB ads far exceeded Adwords or Bing, and were I to spend anything now on paid ads, it would only be FB (maybe Twitter - never used paid Twitter ads in the past).
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I also post re new products added to other sites, especially re holidays or other events
    Hi Phil, can you explain this a bit more?

The blog posts, though, are first and foremost content posts (sports, politics, environmental issues), but generally with affiliate links
    also, what do you mean by "but generally with affiliate links" ? Blog posts filled with affiliate links in them?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    2d Q first: Blog posts that have some affiliate links, not "filled with affiliate links". For example, on my sports blog (has been on hiatus as I spend every available working moment on a major project, but in the past filled with 5-7 posts/week for several years) I might write a post after a Dodgers' game, and discuss, say Clayton Kershaw. I'll have a graphic link to a Kershaw uniform or shirt, and three or for of the times I mention "Dodgers" the name will be a link to my internal "Shop Dodgers' Stuff" section. You NEVER "stuff" a blog post with affiliate links, but you do link to related, relevant products.

1st Question Second: Things like this - Halloween is a big time for me, I sell a lot of Halloween stuff I have on my barware site. After I finished updating it all for 2015, I wrote a short FB post about how Halloween is coming soon and how the best costumes and decorations sell out fast. I added a couple of graphics, and a link to my Halloween section. BUT - you cannot spam FB, I'd never post this type of thing more than three-four times per week, mixed in with dozens of regular, non-promotional posts.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

5. Thanks From:

I don't use fb for much. Always have had issues gaining likes. Now YouTube on the other hand....

7. Thanks From:

Facebook could be beneficial for you in Affiliate marketing If you will targeting potential audience there.
    I have seen many bloggers doing the same on Facebook and generating huge commission through affiliate marketing.

yes i use fb

I do but not as much as YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisablog.com View Post
    I do but not as much as YouTube
    Would you please explain If you have any Channel on Youtube?
    If Yes, then you must upload some videos on your channel. Right?
    So do you use any technique to get views on your videos?

I wont use facebook much...

Facebook is a Great tool to have in your affiliate marketing arsenal. But should not be thought of as a primary method of promotion.

I love using facebook to boost my sites traffic and SEO. By posting relevant posts, pictures and links and by not selling on my facebook pages i gain loyal followers that share my posts and links. (well sometimes. but is best keep it spread out if you sell posts)

But how do you get started?
    Targeted Facebook ads

Yes i also use FB, Twitter, G+, Pinterest etc

I'm not a big fan of paid advertising on Facebook, Twitter, etc. I prefer YouTube as primary. I also love Instagram, and have had great success with it as a free traffic source. Facebook is okay okay though, I just didn't like the ROI. Oh... don't bother with Twitter unless you're in the adult niche.

Facebook can be use for affiliate but make sure it just can't be a prime platform for that,Facebook is the top dog as far as social media networks go, with more than a billion people using it worldwide. The flow of information surging throughout Facebook every day is a hive of potential that you, as an affiliate marketer, need to tap into to spread awareness of your affiliate site or offers. “Like” marketing is how you do this.

When other Facebook users like what they see, they have a simple and easy way of showing it. By clicking “Like”, they are showing on their feed that it’s there and that they approve. They can even click “Share” to re-post it on their timeline or even a friend’s. This can then be seen by their friends, and if their friends like it, the same process happens again. Ultimately, you end up with a ripple effect, which starts at your page and spreads, reaching a multitude of relevant people.

I have been using Facebook and currently, I am also helping a family friend and my sister in marketing their business as well. I found this a very useful tool since everyone have been into it and have been using computers these days.

(Unauthorized Recruiting)
    Last edited by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow; October 19th, 2015 at 06:13 AM.

I understand facebook don't like CPA/affiliate links, They warn or block users randomly and a regular base.
    But if you are promoting a brand, Facebook really cool.
    Make a brand page and promoting them in to relative audience is fun and bank.
    Many small business a living on facebook promotion, And Big crocks also jumped in to it.

Facebook is one of most popular social utility. Everyone knows about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeckett - HealthTrader View Post
    Hey,

Really interested to hear what people have to say in regards to using Facebook for affiliate marketing. And what they would be looking for in an affiliate network in regards to resources/tools.

Cheers

J
    Really it is a very silly question. Facebook have great source of traffic and the best way for affiliate marketing. But I am also using Twitter for it.

i use google plus, it is better then facebook

i think facebook is not a good option for affiliate marketing, you can use google+, twitter, linkedin, pinterest, instagram and tumblr. its my opinion.

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread