OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    State of Washington has adopted a “click-through” nexus standard
    This one is more specific than I have seen with other states.
    Effective Sept. 1, 2015, the State of Washington has adopted a “click-through” nexus standard for both retailing B&O tax and retail sales tax purposes. Under these provisions, out-of-state retailers are presumed to have physical nexus with this state if they:

enter into agreements with Washington residents and pay a commission or other consideration for referrals (such as linking on a website), and
    gross more than $10,000 in sales into Washington state during the prior calendar year under this type of agreement.

The definition of “Washington resident” includes, but is not limited to, business entities physically located in this state and individuals maintaining a residence in this state. In addition to online or other referral arrangements, an out-of-state retailer may engage in other activities in this state through a resident or nonresident agent or other representative that establish nexus with this state.
    Reference here: http://www.dor.wa.gov/Content/GetAFo...ThruNexus.aspx

That's a flipping shame Chuck, I lived in Seattle for about six years and really enjoyed the area. I guess Washington State is off my list of "retirement states".
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Heard that Nevada may be next. Hope that's not a retirement state for you either.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    I'm not seeing merchants drop affiliates in nexus states the way they did when New York passed the law. Seems like they're getting used to it, and waiting on the sidelines to see what happens at the federal level. Maybe you can enjoy Washington after all!
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

I can't see the House of Representatives doing anything productive until after the next election cycle.

I am so glad we had the new house built in Delaware. No sales tax in the First State.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I can't see the House of Representatives doing anything productive until after the next election cycle.

I am so glad we had the new house built in Delaware. No sales tax in the First State.
    I need to visit Delaware now that I'm in Northern Virginia. I drive through every now and then on the way to New York but I haven't stopped and explored. The fact that they don't have sales tax is definitely interesting. I was also interested in New Hampshire. I visited NH in the fall and really liked it, but I got scared off by the harsh winters and the problems associated with a sparser population. I've gotten used to living in or near heavily populated areas (Seattle, Austin, DC) and don't have a firm grasp of how rural I can go. I like some areas around my house for instance, but they get their Internet via Satellite! For the last ten years I've had to pick areas to live based on the Internet speed because I'm Marshalling around so much data....
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

7. Thanks From:

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread