Hello

Does anyone in here advertise theSportsauthority.com? I need to know more about this merchant if they play clean. before i sign up. Thank you!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    One word to search on GSI and you'll have your answer.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

All GSI merchants (globalsports) have an extremely low conversion rate, and there was rumours here a while ago that their advanced linking didn't acurately record sales. Personally I stay well clear of all of them.

Palm, Inc.
    Tweeter Home Entertainment Group
    Reebok
    Rockport
    Shoe Carnival
    The Athlete's Foot
    QVC.com
    Kmart
    Ace Hardware
    Comedy Central
    FOXSPORTS.com
    LIFETIME
    Nickelodeon
    PAX TV
    The Golf Channel
    TV Land
    Atlanta Falcons
    Carolina Panthers
    Denver Broncos
    Houston Texans
    LPGA
    NASCAR
    San Diego Chargers
    Bally Total Fitness
    BLADES Board & Skate
    City Sports
    Dick's Sporting Goods
    Dunham's Sports
    Fogdog Sports
    Gart Sports
    G.I. Joe's
    MC Sports
    Modell's Sporting Goods
    Olympia Sports
    ProGolf.com
    Sport Chalet
    SportsLine.com
    The Sports Authority

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I've heard absolutely nothing good about any Global Sports program. I have no personal experience with them--mainly because of the fact that *everything* I read about them is bad. Every place collects a *few* flames, but GS-run programs don't seem to get anything else!

-I've been a king, and I've been a pauper, and everything there is in between ~fairly old country song

ABW Ambassador
    Wouldnt touch them with a barge pole.

DPG

My limited experience with them confirms everything written here.

Sports Authority was my top revenue producer last month. I've also great communication with the AM.

I'm not sure what the bad rap about SA is, but my experiences with them have been completely positive.

NetSweat.com - The Internet's Fitness Resource
    www.netsweat.com

All GSI stores ARE the same: same inventory, same prices, same lousy conversion rates, same lousy payout (5%), and short cookie life - which I can't verify right now but its 24 hours or something ridiculous. None of them are any better than the others because they are all the same - literally.

I can't believe SportsAuthority has a dedicated AM. Sports Authority basically just signed their brand name over to GSI and let them run the store. You are dealing with an evil GSI rep, passing himself of as a SportsAuthority guy!

In any event why don't you invite him to view this thread and stick up for himself.

SHE is the AM for GSI and readily admitted to it when I asked her about it. To me this no big deal.

I've been fine with the conversation rates, but I also target athletic niche audiences. Plus I think the prices and the selection on SA are better than most sporting goods sites that I've looked at.

Personally, I dont understand what the uproar is about and quite honestly, I'm surprised by it. If somebody can point out specific problems other than conversion rates or cookie life, I'd like to hear about them.

NetSweat.com - The Internet's Fitness Resource
    www.netsweat.com

Where have you been? Besides supporting parasites they have been roasted all over these boards for months.

Do a search and you'll find dozens of complaints. Like this one pasted below that I referred to earlier in this thread.

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...1&r=1816021951

K-MART!!!

I think kmart joined to GlobalSports in January 2003 because since then my 500 clicks generated no sales. Before that I've go 7 sales for 243 clicks!

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    I guess I am in the minority but I have done well GSI. I do replace their links with other retailers when the same product is offered and like netsweatcom I had a very positive experience with one of their AM's.

I think that their cookie duration does stink but I think another reason for the poor conversion rate is due to the number of places you find GSI storefronts. They get great ranks in searches at the major search engines, all over yahoo shopping and dealtime. I think many visitors do a search for a product, comparison shop and after visiting a GSI shop (which likely has a higher page rank than our affiliate sites) and then visit one of your sites (or mine) find the identical product and price then move on to find a better deal. Just my opinion, I am known to be wrong, quite often

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread