Hats Off to Admin and Mods...
    ...for keeping this place civilized.
    I am in a different time zone and log on in what would be the wee small hours for most regular users. And I see 'Today's Posts' filling with spam upon spam upon spam.
    Jeez. I hate to think how much crap you guys have to delete.
    Anyway, thank you.
    'Nuff said.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Why thanks, Colin! Yeah, there's a ton of clean up every day. Relentless. My favorite time is when one guy will put up 20 in a row, each in a different sub forum. Yeah, it happens - often.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

3. Thanks From:

Well said! I second this motion, thanks guys!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Thanks Colin, we do what we can. The filters are pretty good but there is still plenty that gets through. The obvious stuff I fire off to the SPAM place for Hell but try to warn and foster those who make naive mistakes.

6. Thanks From:

The tools in vBulletin make it pretty easy to quickly zap the spammers. It can actually be a little enjoyable, kind of like playing Galaga. Wave after wave of spammers, every day.

Phil really deserves a lot of recognition for everything he does. And trust me, even the moderators probably don't know most of the work he puts into it.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for your hard work to keep the house clean, guys.

BTW, I remember there used to be a "report" button at the right bottom corner of each posts. But I couldn't find it anymore. I think it would be helpful for us to report the spammy posts whenever we see one that Admin/Mods might have missed.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
    I remember there used to be a "report" button at the right bottom corner of each posts. But I couldn't find it anymore. I think it would be helpful for us to report the spammy posts whenever we see one that Admin/Mods might have missed.
    It's still around, just moved to the lower left, near the "Thanks" button.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    Ah, now I see it. That little triangle symbol...didn't even notice it. And I think I have 20/20 vision.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread