web hosting extras???
    I just signed up with bluhost to start my first site, they are trying to sell me other things such as SEO helper, Security for the page, backing up the site.. etc. are any of these worth it?

If I were you, I will stay away from traditional hosts. I'd like you to sign up with 4Goodhosting. My experience with this host is 100% positive and I am very satisfied. They have hosted my sites since February 2009. Servers are always up and runs very fast. There are no interruption or slow loading. Support is 24 hours live and they have responded to my support questions in minutes and not hours just like my previous provider.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    I don't normally buy all the upgrades, though backing up the site is always a good idea. Make sure you've got something which does that, whether it is the hosting company or a plug-in. You can always add things along the way, so wait until you know you need it.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Everyone trying to give value added services to its clients.But we have to check what is our requirement,what is the budget etc...

It's a normal practice with many of the hosting companies....btw this tends to happen in many other niches apart from hosting so doesn't come as a surprise to me. Chances are the upgrades might help but only if you have a business that is stable.

It is helpful to get quality SEO services as it will help your website rank higher on google and bring lots of traffic to your website which eventually leads you to get higher profits.

I will back what Trevorariza said, it is important to go with better hosting, as I have been using Serveria which in my view is one of the most reliable company in present time. They have excellent servers with having 99.99% Uptime, Daily Backups (Our peace of mind), Fully Managed and there is even 14 days money back guarantee, so definitely incredible deal!
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; October 19th, 2015 at 09:48 PM. Reason: removed backlink

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Lesnar View Post
    I will back what Trevorariza said, it is important to go with better hosting, as I have been using Serveria which in my view is one of the most reliable company in present time. They have excellent servers with having 99.99% Uptime, Daily Backups (Our peace of mind), Fully Managed and there is even 14 days money back guarantee, so definitely incredible deal!
    OP already made his decision and Bluehost is a good hosting company, though like any other service provider it also has some positives and negatives. His concern here is mainly about upselling approach, as I said earlier, it is a normal practice in many niches, So it all depends on the end user whether to say “Yes” or “No” to add on packages.

I think no need to purchase any addon because such addon already present in market without any extra charges. Check following justification for addons

SEO helper - no need to purchase because many companies providing "attracta " seo tool for SEO purpose without any cost

Security for the page - Web hosting companies having very good security like mod security, firewall policy to secure your web site etc, therefore no need to purchase it

backing up the site - Its webhosting company responsibility to take weekly backup for files and daily backup for database, if your current host can't provide you backup options then change the hosting provider because in market many companies present who can provide you backup solution.

I am not trying to blame your current hosting provider but such waste of money is really not required, just trying to provide you options present in market, so that you can save good money and purchase your VPS or Dedicated server in future instead of using shared hosting

Upgrades promotions are common with most hosting companies. They are trying to get a few more dollars out of you, it's just business.

EIG (owner of Bluhost) is real bad with always sending out emails and promoting their extras to their customers.

The only thing that you need to look into (doesn't have to be from them) is some kind of backup service, plugin or other means of backing up your site. Most of the other services offered by hosts are not as good as other similar services found elsewhere or are just completely unneeded.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread