Multiple websites
    Hello everyone!!! I am just starting my journey in affilite marketing , I am about to purchase Hostgator as my host, as far as my website, I want to promote many different niches, and am confused if I have to purchase a new website and for each niche, along with a new host for each niche, or should I have 1 Website. But that would look horrible with all the diffrent niches and products for sale. I want to look and be professional, I am taking this very serious. I appreciate any feedback, thank you!!!! Jason B.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Hi Jason,

You should have separate sites for each niche, but you can have dozens of sites all under one hosting account. I use Hostgator also and have 20+ sites there all hosted in a single account.

One other thing, I'm not sure what you mean when you say "if I have to purchase a new website". Unless you have money to burn and are actually buying established sites, what you would be doing is purchasing domain names, adding the domains to your hosting account, and then building sites for those domains.

One final word of advice: Start with one site, get it built, optimized and keep it up to date with new content - work for a measure of success with a first site THEN you can go on to the next one, and the next one after that.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

3. Thanks From:

Thank you
    Phil, thank you so much, I don't have money to burn, and that was very helpful. I'm a single dad, I work as a steel worker, I work 12hr shifts and have to wonderful children I want to be able to spend more time with and give a good life. Anyways , I appreciate your response and start the process, I'll be using aweber, hostgator, and clickbank to start with. I Want to do this right, and long term, not looking to become rich overnight, I know it takes dedication and work..

Before you commit to spending time and energy promoting clickbank-type "products", why don't you take a look at REAL affiliate networks that feature actual merchants and every type of consumer product out there (almost). Look at Shareasale, CJ Affiliate (still referred to by its prior long time name Commission Junction), Avantlink, Affiliate Window, and Impact Radius, as well as Amazon Associates (works like a network but actually just Amazon).

There are some legitimate products available through clickbank, but promoting their basic "get-rich-quick" scammy crapola is NOT the way to begin a legitimate career in affiliate marketing.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

6. Thanks From:

Wow, thanks again Phil, I don't want to promote garbage for a quick buck, that's for sure, I will be following your advice, I want to start with PPC , then get into cpa and all the other forms of marketing. I appreciate you taking time to help. I set aside a few hundred dollars to get started, I know I have to build a list, I am currently doing some research to find the cheapest method , but getting a quality list. I seem to be going in circles, and I keep hearing bad stories of people getting scammed for paid traffic.

With each post, it becomes more and more evident that you've bought into bottom-feeder schemes that promote only themselves.

"I know I have to build a list, I am currently doing some research to find the cheapest method" -Uh, no.

That is MLM-type activity, NOT affiliate marketing.

Affiliate marketing is building sites with quality, unique content and SEO that will rank in search engines and bring visitors to your site(s) that will appreciate your information and click on links to related products, and hopefully make purchases. It is NOT sending "offers" to lists of people hoping to influence them to buy a system and send their offers to their lists of people. And heaven forbid you pay for those lists.

You can build a list of interested people who have willingly come to your site by offering them something for free - a newsletter, a recipe, a helpful hint, etc. and then sending them newsletters telling them about your latest articles or newest products.

And there is no "good' paid traffic.

PPC on the other hand, can be profitable if you REALLY know how to use it. That is a science unto itself and many an affiliate marketer has lost a bundle trying to learn how to use it profitably. 10 years ago it was possible, but the way PPC has changed makes it next to impossible today.

Time is much better spent making your site(s) unique, informative and with consistent updating, rather than spending the time, and money, on PPC.

You can find a lot of details about what I have said by using the ABW search.

Thank you Phil, I want good quality sites and products that actually help people or somehow enrich their lives. And I'm willing to put in the time to do it right. Your suggestions are very helpful and I will be putting them to use. We pushed through 700,000 lbs of steel tonight . I am exhausted, I have Sunday off to be with my babies, and put together a action plan. Thank you my friend, hope to talk soon, I'd like to bounce some more thoughts off you sometime if it's ok. I don't want to be a pest. Talk soon!

10. Thanks From:

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Phil's advice is spot on. I've sadly seen so many people who just look at the numbers and formulas for PPC promotion from sources which don't discuss the fine points of the art of PPC - crafting the right words to match the keyword you've chosen after studying all your competition, determining things like best time of day or day of the week for your ads, etc. It's not hard to spend $1000 on PPC and get nothing in return.

Affiliate marketing isn't a source for quick easy money. It IS a source of excellent monetary potential but it takes time to build quality sites. Instead of spending money on PPC, spend time on learning more about building a great site, and as Phil also said, make one site successful before moving to a second one. DO NOT follow the path of the "big check" guys who sell the "how to make a fortune in affiliate marketing" programs. The only one making money there is the seller of the program. You mentioned that funds were limited. We all understand that one. So best to spend as much time as possible learning first before spending anything. You can basically get a free education on this forum.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Thank you JCrooks
    Thank you JCrooks I I want to do things right,get a good SEO ranking, a website that actually helps people. I know I have a lot to learn, sort of spinning on where to begin, thanks again for your input..
    Quote Originally Posted by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow View Post
    Phil's advice is spot on. I've sadly seen so many people who just look at the numbers and formulas for PPC promotion from sources which don't discuss the fine points of the art of PPC - crafting the right words to match the keyword you've chosen after studying all your competition, determining things like best time of day or day of the week for your ads, etc. It's not hard to spend $1000 on PPC and get nothing in return.

Affiliate marketing isn't a source for quick easy money. It IS a source of excellent monetary potential but it takes time to build quality sites. Instead of spending money on PPC, spend time on learning more about building a great site, and as Phil also said, make one site successful before moving to a second one. DO NOT follow the path of the "big check" guys who sell the "how to make a fortune in affiliate marketing" programs. The only one making money there is the seller of the program. You mentioned that funds were limited. We all understand that one. So best to spend as much time as possible learning first before spending anything. You can basically get a free education on this forum.

As the others have said before me, it's probably best to start with one site, build it and start getting results before you move on to other sites.

Iseult

I was the same way when i started affiliate marketing i wanted to sell everything to everybody and i wanted t to happen tomorrow.

But the reality is that it is best to find one niche (one you are interested in and will enjoy creating a site about) build your site and do not sell anything untill you are getting at least a few hundred visitors a day. then you can begin adding banners/or offering products to your visitors.

Just be sure that your customers view you as a trusted source of information and not someone trying to push products on them.

Relationship building is key

=D

All the above is a fact. I have 20+ websites in limbo out there because once upon a time I wanted to throw advertisements out to everyone and it didnt matter what they were about. I was ba_ _s to the wall about making things happen. You end up spending a LOT of money drawing people in just to push them away.
    The truth is in the above posts. The theory of putting ads everywhere and someone will trip over something actually does work occasionally but usually they wont pick it up and look at it, they will just kick it aside and keep walking. I am by no means good at this but am learning every day. Please be sure not to throw banners in every available place. My newest site had 2 and i felt guilty/pushy this morning and deleted them both. I would suggest one at the footer and a few contextual links here and there? anyway, best of luck to you and wanting to spend time with the kiddos is awesome. Good for you...
    Also, When you do go to CJ and ShareaSale etc.. I would research each advertiser carefully and pick out 1 or 2 so you can build good quality content around them.. not the rookie method of signing up to 150 programs... best of luck to you!

I hate to sound like a broken record, but the above advice is very solid.

My advice is build your first site and document what you do, what works and does not, mistakes made and solutions. Then, once your first sight is starting to show a profit, determine how much time you need to maintain and grow the existing site. With the balance of your time, start the process over. If you have documented well, I would guess you will be 3 to 4 times more efficient on site number 2.

and so on and so on.....

I think the biggest mistake many of of us have made is to start too many sites (or projects) and not finish any of them correctly. Really use your first site as a case study, learning project, training tool, etc. etc. and if you do it right, you will leverage it and be much better off than trying to start 4 or 5 sites at the same time.

Just my 2 cents....

I started with just one site, using Wordpress as the base. It is best to start with one site on shared hosting (dreamhost do a coupon for $20 for years shared hosting, search for hosting coupons to get good deals and lower your entry point).

Your first site will be a steep learning curve and probably earn you next to nothing, but it's the learning that is important. Learn to build, get content and convert. Each time you create a new site you can up the value and increase its potential

I was also doing affiliate marketing for my website.But the contextual links are not working properly which i was focusing.

Hostgator is a good hosting solution for beginners. But, I use ipage as my hosting provider. I'm quite happy with them.

Do not think about many site at the beginning. Start a one site and publish high quality original posts and start building an email list.

-Choose a niche
    -Buy a domain name
    -Build a website using WordPress
    -Start providing value on your site.
    -Comment on other blogs
    -join forums where your targeted audience hag out
    After getting some traffic
    -You can now create a squeez page to get followers
    -Use an autoresponder to build relationship with them (know,like and trust)
    then you can start thinking of recieving by selling product of others or your own.
    keep on growing your list and offering value on your site/blog, following other traffic sources like youtube facebook etc.

I agree with Phil as well. Do not compromise quality. I have seen many websites that did not prosper because content is trash and nobody wants to visit the site. Good luck to you!

It is beneficial that you build multiple website but also make each of your site unique (yet related in some way). This allow you to target many group of search-engine prospects and multiply your business growth. Yet it took considerable harder work than just having 1 site.

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread