It’s a few days now all my CJ links to Carrot’s Ink Cartridges do not work. Have checked that its URL doesn’t work as well. I use two computers with different IP addresses; all are showing the same results. No any red warning for the links to this URL. Carrot’s 7-day EPC on CJ currently is $30.54, meaning that URL works fine for some of you out there. Anyone else experiencing problems?

IRS

Don’t ask why the ball doesn’t come.

Just checked all my links and its the same thing.
    I also checked ALL my CJ mail as well as my contact email and not one mention that I can see about this "site update".
    Anyone get a message, and if so when?

Game on!!!!

Doesn't work here either - which makes it a poor choice of product catalog for the site I'm building ...

Are you Crazy?

Hello All,

I'm actually with Carrot Ink and have been appraised that there is a problem of some kind with links through CJ to our site (and was I also directed to fix it if I can).

If anyone can supply me with specific information such as: what sites or pages you are linking from that do not work then I can dig through them and hopefully see what the problem is.

The more specific and detailed the information, the better the chance of finding out what's wrong.

I appreciate any help in figuring this out.
    Thanks,

Chris

ABW Ambassador
    CarrotInkChris,

I applied for your program at least a month ago. I have not yet received any acceptance or decline message. Can you please take a look.

Hello KCEdit,

Can I get your name so I can pass it on to our Affiliate Manager to get you an answer (I can't seem to view profile information, it says I need to contact the Administrator to ask for view profile rights...who's the administrator?)

Chris

quote:
    Originally posted by KCEdit:
    CarrotInkChris,

I applied for your program at least a month ago. I have not yet received any acceptance or decline message. Can you please take a look.

ABW Ambassador
    I'll send you an email through CJ because I do not know your regular email. Is that alright?

I think only moderators can view profiles. Haiko is the administrator on ABW.

BTW, welcome to ABW.

Going through CJ will work perfectly; just reference our little correspondence here and I'll make sure our affiliate manager sees it (I'm really an IT Developer and they typically keep me locked below in the dungeon and away from real people).

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I am glad you are here.

Could you check the URL http://www.carrotink.com in your computer; is it working? I have tried many times to click its links on Google and Yahoo, all with error results.
    Thanks.

IRS

Hello IRS,

This is indeed a curious problem. http://www.carrotink.com works perfectly for me...but I'm beginning to suspect a DNS problem. But I have a couple more questions:
    -Where are you located?
    -What browser and operating system are you using?
    -can you try going to http://63.108.129.200 (this is www.carrotink.com resolved to its IP Address), I'm interested in what kind of results you would get on this...I suspecting that you might get some of our text on the site but graphics and things that referenced to www.carrotink.com in our html will not show up properly).

Ah, the fun of figuring out why the internet is broken...but for people like me it means that I'll have something to work on...

I look forward to helping you get this solved,

Chris

Chris,

I ping 63.108.129.200 resulting “destination net unreachable” loss = 0 (0% loss).

IRS

Chris

I'm in the UK, IE 6 on XP Home.

Domain name and IP both cannot be displayed from here - with and without my ISP cache/proxy (which often solves this kind of problem).

Pinging the IP from here and from my server (Texas) gets nothing back either.

Can you please keep us updated here about this - as noted above, I have you as the default supplier on a new site, but it looks lame right now when viewed from here.

Are you Crazy?

I am in california and can access the site (W2000, IE6).
    Our Affiliate Link is working too.

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    Shop-Links.net

If you can't move things, try harder!

Pennsylvania, IE6, w2k, can see it today, could see it yesterday, clicked on links in Google yesterday, worked fine...??

Hope this helps!

-patrice

patrice.colancecco.milligan
    affiliate.marketer
    eastwoodcompany.com
    e: patrice@eastwoodco.com
    v: 610.323.2200x2206
    f: 610.323.6268
    ::visit our private forum on abw::

Wow you guys are good! This is really good information.

So let me recap I've got:
    -IRS - your from tag says "Moved, Asia", so I'm assuming this is where you are trying to access our site. But it doesn't work at all
    -CrazyGuy - you're in the UK (looks like Scotland to be specific, where my family hails from by the way )
    -Carsten, Shop-Links - is in California and everything looks good
    -patrice - eastwoodcompany.com - is in Pennsylvania and everything looks good

I see a pattern here, so I'll go back below and try to get to the root of the problem.

I'll be back...Thanks for your help!!!

Chris

Hi KCEdit,

I was checking our cj mail and didn't see anything that looked like it was from you yet...I just wanted to make sure that I didn't miss it.

Chris

quote:
    Originally posted by KCEdit:
    I'll send you an email through CJ because I do not know your regular email. Is that alright?

I think only moderators can view profiles. Haiko is the administrator on ABW.

BTW, welcome to ABW.

Greetings all,

I am still working the problem you are experiencing. I've got some questions sent out to those involved and am awaiting their replies.

I'll let you know when I find out something.

Thanks,

Chris

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by CarrotInkChris:
    Hi KCEdit,

I was checking our cj mail and didn't see anything that looked like it was from you yet...I just wanted to make sure that I didn't miss it.

Chris

Sorry, Chris. I was too busy for the last few days. Just sent you a CJ email.

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    I'm in Australia and have not been able to get carrotink.com to load for some time. Hence I am not actively promoting something I cannot see.

Woz

Apparently my links work fine out there as I have one sale today.

Woz,
    I agree with you. It looks strange to promote something that we cannot see. I started to find Carrot’s Ink stopped working a couple weeks ago. I guest that they changed their IP lately (just blab, I know nothing about computer actually).

IRS

I've finished my investigation into why some affiliates are not able to access our site and there's unfortunate news: our ISP at times will block international traffic due to some security experiences they have had in the past and in this regard our hands are tied - we cannot have this changed.

Chris

quote:
    our ISP at times will block international traffic due to some security experiences they have had in the past

sooooo what hours of the day are more secure than others?

Game on!!!!

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    >our ISP at times will block international traffic due to some security experiences they have had in the past

So, your ISP is making marketing decisions concerning your company based on their personal experience. Are they authorised to do this?

>and in this regard our hands are tied - we cannot have this changed.

Yes you can, you can change ISP.

With respect, there are many publishers here promoting products INTO the US but who are not resident IN the US. By allowing your ISP to restrict international access to your site thus disallowing international affiliates access to marketing information, they will not be marketing your products effectively. Your company is losing sales!

I really think you need to take this up with management and ask them to make some executive decisions.

Woz

Just arrived from two days vacation and checked my CJ balance has rolled up with $300+

I believe that if someone clicks on a link from Yahoo, Google, or any other major Search Engines and find that the URL doesn’t work, this will affect the brand name image of that URL.

Well, it is Carrot’s Ink policy anyway. And if they do not make any changes, then my recent sale would be the last sale from them Sorry I have to remove them out from my directory as I have to keep a professional online presence and provide the best possible service to my customers.

IRS

Chris - I suspected this was an IP-based regional thing.

Your site is with a paranoid ISP. If their only solution to "security" is to block IPs outside the US (UK and Australia are blocked, so they're obviously not only blocking "high risk" countries, though I think that too is a blinkered approach) then you have to question their technical abilities.

You may only ship to US (as with many of my merchants) but a substantial proportion of productive affiliates live outside your borders and are unlikely to promote something they can't see.

... and what other "security" measures have they implemented that are costing you money? Maybe they block frequent repeated hits from the same IP - so that's Gogglebot banned LOL.

This is semi-vent because overseas affiliates have to work round a fair amount of default barriers from the US, but you're in a very very competitive space where I'd imagine you have to look at every marginal advantage.

Are you Crazy?

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread