Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm about to start a new affiliate program in about two weeks. We would offer 1 cent per search. Would any of you guys join, need input?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Give us a break when you place up one of the 500 template search engines seeking PPC keyword accounts. The only one thta generates traffic in Overture and they suck for all affiliates commissions and listings and dropped their BeFree program....

Is their an honest traffic building program out there? I haven't found one in 5 years except web position gold.

We have been online for 7 1/2 months now, way before the PPC search engines started to get popular. We have then in that time created a small userbase. We are just getting the contract made for the co-branding partnership, that enables us to pay 1 cent per search because we are working with a major PPC.

Now getting back to the subject!

ABW Ambassador
    This is something I would consider. If a user can't find what they are looking for on one of our sites, why not get paid for them to search elsewhere....Not sure yet, but I'd consider it.

Thanks for the input TH media! Since we can't pay as much as 2 cents(findit-qucik.com, searchgalore.com, goclick.com) or even 4 cents(7search.com) per search, wouldn't you feel better making me money then a bigger company!!!!
    Would it be safe to say after several hundred dollars in affiliate marketing I would receive 200 members?

ABW Ambassador
    Your sales pitch says "be where up to 80% of internet users are".
    Are you providing search feeds to Yahoo and AOL now?
    I'm always willing to try a new PPC for a few bucks, but your $50 initial deposit is pretty high (Even with their status as #1 PPC, Overture has a hell of a nerve to require $50 initial deposit)
    This, combined with the "80%" claims in your sales pitch, is going to discourage anybody form trying it ever at all.

Hi, thanks for the your time, we currently use that phrase because it is legal and it is true even if we only get .5%. I use this because it draws in advertisers to look at my sales pitch! Remeber I will not be looking to receive deposits for my revenue rather getting searches/clicks on my partners results. I will be getting rid of the advertisers program when I receive MOST of my revenue from my partners, allowing me make my search engine the best on the 'net. Thanks!

[ 05-06-2002: Message edited by: LookMonster.Com ]

ABW Ambassador
    Oh-oh, here it comes!

SUPERKICKASSPPC!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Oh-oh, here it comes!
    SUPERKICKASSPPC!

Is very unprofessional [img]tongue.gif[/img] and dumb :rolleyes: . No offence. Can we get back on subject please.

ABW Ambassador
    Lookmonster, You are not going to get anyone to run searches for .01

It makes no sense whatsoever. There are plenty of PPCs out there that will pay 50% revenue share. For me that equates to about .10 per search and an avarage of .04 per click.

The $100.00 minimum deposit id ridiculous.

I made a similar mistake with brainfox.

They suckered me in with a 500% bonus on my first deposit. They delivered like 10 clicks to me in the first month.

Yeesh, come on, get real.

If you start with initial deposit of 10.00 you may be somewhere in a few months.

If you are gonna stick with the 100.00 you may as well pack it in now.

quote:
    If you start with initial deposit of 10.00 you may be somewhere in a few months.

I'd have to agree there. There is no way I would hand over $100 bucks to a PPC engine that no one has heard of before.

ABW Ambassador
    OK, but the $50 is astronomical for a ppc that is not well established.
    As for the claim of "80% of internet users", does it have any basis in reality? If I pay for listings on your ppc, can I expect to reach "80% of internet users"?
    If you can at least demonstrate that you provide search feeds to at least one of the top ten players, I'll break out the Visa card.
    I'm not interested in the legality of the claim, I'm interested in its veracity.

Of course if I signed up for the search listings, I would join the affiliate program as well.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[ 05-07-2002: Message edited by: Deelz ]

What Breeze said. That experience with BrainFox was pretty scary. The lower $10 with GoClick got me in the door trying them, and even though traffic has been somewhat slow in coming, it does arrive and I do keep paying them.

I run their boxes on my pages. I'd just as soon recycle my clicks to ads. (Don't tell Fred we agree on something :eek: )

Thanks for the post everybody, where shall I start.

".10 per search and an avarage of .04 per click" hi maybe I would like to join that program [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] , because the search-to-click ratio is about about 2.5 times the normal with that company(Can you tell me the PPC company). The normal ratio is about 10-12% or for every 10 searches their is 1 click, in your case you would receive about 4 cents, in my future program you would receive about 10 cents. Yes every search might be a click-thru and you might get 40 cents compared to the 10 cents, but sometimes their are no clicks! It is a way to Guarantee yourself steady Income.

My minimum deposit is $50 and I get some signups, not as many as I'd like but some. I have tried every thing to get in advertisers, funnie money, $10 minimum, etc. yet all of them don't work. Also I seem to be making more with the $50 deposit ever.

Keep them coming! Would anybody join?

ABW Ambassador
    My mind instantly translates:

Be where up to 80% of internet users are!

To:

Be where 100% of the scams are.

Purposefully misleading or fraudulent text doesn't help make you look professional. I question, why stop at 80%? Why not say you are where up to 110% of the Internet users are? Go whole hog with your misleading.

Faked info in a whois always breeds confidence. You seem to have a lot to hide.

quote:
    LookMonster started in 2001 as a pay per click search engine. During March of 2002 we changed to a search 'n win(tm) pay per click search engine....

quote:
    LookMonster.Com is a highly rated search engine offering one of the highest paid affiliate program on the 'net.

This stuff is comedy gold.

Chet

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Who said this wasn't a tough board to get over on? If it was easy then I'd join the 500 others and buy the 60.00 CGI script and be my own PPC. Hell I've 240 web site clients who are a locked in base.

Hi, sorry I have been busy, forgot about you guys. We are currently changing software, to allow us to pay one cent per search. We will be offering the one cent per search affiliate program Tuesay the 14th!
    "Chez" I don't really like your remarks, we are legall, and not a scam. Thanks EcomCity.com for your support.
    Can we get back to the subject!

Nathan,

I think Chez was just trying to help you to do better by giving a more honest impression of your business.

[ 05-10-2002: Message edited by: Heyder ]

ABW Ambassador
    Without even getting into how much or how an affiliate will be paid:
    Let's say you join an affiliate program promoting a new PPC.
    You place a link on your site. By placing a link on your site, you are recommending this PPC to your site's visitors, who TRUST you to provide them with honest and valuable information.
    Your site's visitor clicks through to check out this wonderful new PPC that you have recommended to them. He or she does a search on the term "computers" (probably a
    fairly popular search term), which returns only two results, neither of which even relate to the term.
    This from a search engine that claims to reach and serve 80% of internet users.

How would you explain that to your site visitor? By telling them "oh, that's OK, it's legal for them to say that"?

Lookmonster - Would you join this affiliate program?

If you told me straight up that you can provide some targeted traffic, without any specific, astronomical BS claims about how much, I would sign up as an advertiser and as an affiliate.

But right now, my site's visitor's TRUST me.
    I'd like to keep it that way.
    I can't offer them the holy grail, but then I don't claim to offer it either.

As a potential affiliate and potential customer, I asked honest and reasonable questions about your claims. These questions were met with a response of "it's legal, it's ok for me to say that even though it's not true", instead of a straight answer.

"Deez" what online business have you owned before?

On my affiliate Program, I will be displaying another PPC results, that is how I will make money, enough to pay affiliates per search("Computers" will have a thousand results). I now understand why I should change UP TO 80%, statement(I'll will change by Monday). My consumers do trust LookMonster I have a couple thousand unique consumers that haven't changed search engines in over 3 months. They do trust me!

I don't like how after just one forum. You rated me 1 star? I m not going to rate you anything, because that isn't fair.

ABW Ambassador
    I sell silver jewelry and incense products, both online and offline. Yes, for a living.

I did not rate you, somebody else gave you the one star.

Can we please get back to the subject? (sound familiar?)

I want to spend money on ppc listings.
    I want to join affiliate programs.
    What can you do for me?

quote:
    I don't like how after just one forum. You rated me 1 star? I m not going to rate you anything, because that isn't fair.

Nathan, You don't know who rated you.

BTW why do you have two user names?
    http://www.abestweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/...c&f=5&t=000186

If you combined your total rating between the two user names you'd have a total of 1.5 for a rating and no I've never rated you.

I had another username on ABW but I forgot the password, also someone else gave me a poor rating. I'm trying to be a TOP ABW member, also tried to start all over. I guess I can never find any friends on forums.

quote:
    I want to spend money on ppc listings.
    I want to join affiliate programs.
    What can you do for me?

If you want to spend money on PPC listings, try goCLICK.Com, I'm still growing and even when I get higher amounts of searches, I will still be displaying mostly of another PPCs listings.
    If you want to join an affiliate program consider mine, I will be offering ABW members an additional 50% bonus for their earnings, for the first 2 months(ie If you gave lookmonster 17,000 searches within a 2 month period, without this deal you would receive $170, with this deal you would receive $255).

I don't think that you are un-liked at abestweb. A rating is one person's opinion not everybodies. You do have to consider why you are given a rating though and the only person to blame is yourself.

Deelz is just keeping you honest and you need to keep in order to do well with your website.

Nathan,

quote:
    I guess I can never find any friends on forums.

Applesauce! People are trying to guide you into ethical and long lasting success, you can't get there by misrepresentation ... success is a journey my friend, not a destination ... you must always strive for it. One vote or three votes, a raning does NOT make.

We thank you for the offer and maybe some will take you up on it, others may not, but if you grow and continue to do clean business you'll be fine.
    Maturity comes with age and accumulated wisdom.

Haiko
    PS. I'm not calling you immature

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast