Best online travel agent for deep links to hotels? Booking /Agoda/ TripAdvisor/Other?
    Hi,

One of my sites is a travel blog where I write about places I've visited and assuming I liked the hotel I stayed in, give a short hotel recomendation, restaurant review etc...

Up till now I've only monetised it with adsense. I'm in Europe but over half my traffic is from the US (if that makes a difference)

Now that the site gets a decent amount of daily traffic I thought that it was time to add some affiliate links to the hotels I recommend.

Q1 I know that some merchants offer widgets which display a hotel search box in the side bar but I was thinking that text links direct to the hotels recommended in the posts might have better results - Right?

Maybe use both although I figure that if the reader is searching for travel info they should get pleny of hotel ads in the adsense blocks anyway.

Q2 for people who do something similar or have awhite label travel site etc: Which programms do you have more success with (that allow deep linking).

I was mainly considering Booking.com but am open to suggestions?

Q3 which do you have more sucess with; Making the hotel's name an affiliate link or adding a bit of text like "Click here for Current Prices, Reservations and More Reviews" which is the affiliate link?

Thanks in advance for your help
    Last edited by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow; October 19th, 2015 at 12:33 PM.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Hi Ritchie. Before I was with the network I was also an affiliate and had a travel site. I also work with a bunch of travel bloggers. I'll try to share what I've gleaned from those smart people.

Seems like text links always perform better than search boxes, especially when you are talking about a single hotel. Leverage your review by targeting that hotel directly. People are going to want to go there based on your comments, not just find something in the area. You can use both if you've got the room, but how about using the other space for a different program - maybe airlines, travel guides, vacation clothing.

Which program will do best for you really depends on your traffic. We have Booking.com, Agoda.com, Easytobook.com, etc. That's the beauty of affiliate marketing. You can test them all and see which performs best, or if you want to go even deeper, you can see which one performs best for each destination.

Once again, I'd use the hotel name rather than go generic. That's what I recommend to my travel bloggers.

Hope that helps.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Jeannine.

Presumably it doesn't matter if the peson who clicks and reserves a room is from outside Europe, I still get paid right?

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    As long as their credit card is good, it rarely matters where they are from. It is important for you to know, however, that for most programs you won't be paid unless the consumer shows up and completes their stay. I've seen reservations a year in advance for the most popular destinations/times; usually the folks who reserve like that do want the reservation which is why they booked that early. Unfortunately some of the ones for the next few months don't show, so you have to be prepared for that. Most hotel programs pay a decent commission, so I've seen some pretty nice payouts from that vertical for sure!
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

6. Thanks From:

I've been happy with the Expedia Affiliate Network - since way back when (first booking was March, 2000 via TravelNow - now a part of EAN). You mentioned Booking.com (largest in Europe) - I get a LOT of reservations through them - but access them through the Priceline Partner Network. (Priceline owns Booking) If you can get a good white label deal you can do considerably better on commissions than going through a network. One example: Hyatt in Baltimore. Through a network is about 6 to 8% - I often receive 12-15%.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks again Jeannine, thanks Bill apreciate the input.

As per my experience I found that ticketstomanila.co.uk is a very good travel agent. Recently I bought a ticket from ticketstomanila.co.uk for london to uk. They provide a very cheap tickets to manila from london to UK with amzing services. So i prefer to that travel agent. I always prefer this travel agent & refer his address to everyone for booking.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread