I want to feature books on my sites - is Amazon's program still worth promoting? both Amazon and B&N are on the Morpheus merchant list and I've seen some people here say they are not getting much in sales w/Amazon. Ecampus (CJ) is not on the Morph list ... are they any good?

I use amazon, they might not pay much but they do not reverse many sales, unlike most merchants.

Thanks. I've seen alot said lately about Amazon and wasn't sure if they were still Ok... but the only real alternative to Amazon that I can see is Barnes and Noble - and they seem to all the same issues.

I never got a sausage comish from Barnes & Noble, in my opinion they are nowhere near as good as amazon

I signed up for Barnes and Noble and Amazon years ago (before I got serious) but then I read took a closer look at B&N's agreement - they have one of those exlusivity clauses where you can't have another bookseller on the same site (or page).

Amazon can be pretty good if you have a targeted audience. cooking books, gear to cooks, etc...

Then they also seem to go on and buy other things too!

I do pretty well with Amazon. Didn't do squat with B&N.

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

quote:
    Amazon can be pretty good if you have a targeted audience. cooking books, gear to cooks, etc...

That was what I was thinking ... I have a bunch of "themed" domains waiting to be developed. Amazon has books about everything so I can even find something for my old gymnastics (content) sites. Gymnastic sites are difficult to find product for, but my gymn sites have been around since the '96 Olympics and heaviliy trafficked...so I hate to see all that traffic go to waste.

The fact they sell so many other things now is a big plus also.

One thing that has really made a difference for me was to list each and every book! The ones that come in the keyword script just don't have a great click through for me.

It takes more time but definitly worth it!

Vicki [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    I believe Barnes and Noble dropped the exclusivity clause. The main problem with the Amazon/BN deal is that there are so many people in the program that the market is a tad oversaturated. Recently Morpheus and the used books at Amazon cut sales even further. However, promoting books gives your site an upper brow flavor. People like to see what others are reading, and promoting. The books are worthwhile, but I wouldn't count on a good monetary return.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread