Amazon Affiliate Report Question
    I just joined Amazon affiliate program this month, and I have a couple of questions about their reporting… In several placed within their materials, Amazon says that the reports are updated every day around 7 AM. I’m looking at my reports and I see that the clicks and purchased are indeed updating each morning.

However, the rest of the report remains blank. If I took this at face value, the reports says that nothing that was ordered has been shipped, or delivered. The lines for commissions is also blank.

Is part of the report updated daily and the rest updated at end of month?
    Is there some error in the reports that are being run for my account?
    Is there something that Amazon is not telling me?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Amazon does not credit commissions until the item is shipped and it can take several days from the order date until any given item is shipped, though occasionally they do occur on the same date. Also, veteran Amazon affiliates learn that for whatever reason, a small percentage of items that are ordered never do ship and no commission is ever credited. These would stem from any of a number of different reasons, from products out of stock, to bad credit cards, to cancellations, etc. But we as affiliates are never told, we just never get the commission credited.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Phil,

Some items were order back in the first couple days of September, almost three weeks ago. I show 12 items on my list ordered with none of them showing shipped. That seems very unlikely. I don't know if its because this is my first month or what.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Have you looked to see what the products are and checked to see if they are all still in stock?

I do not think it would have anything to do with your recent entry into the program, but rather issues with the specific products.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread