Announcing Referral Fees for 3rd Party Sales!

Over the past few months we've been working hard to support your requests so today we're excited to announce referral fees for 3rd party product sales through your Amazon.com links. Starting today, in addition to paying you referral fees for thousands of Amazon.com products, we will pay you 2.5% referral fees for third-party sales you send our way (Toys "R" Us sales will pay at 5%). Be it a used CD or refurbished DVD player from a Marketplace vendor, a barbecue from Target, or a Star Wars Action Figure from Toys "R" Us, you will now earn referral fees for third-party transactions you direct through your links.

===================================

Finally some compensation for all those sales we send them!

Heidi,

quote:
    Over the past few months we've been working hard to support your requests

What about all the ParasiteWare support we have all complained about in the past? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] :confused:

Two tier doesn't wash with me, when there are many more important and prior issues on table!

Haiko
    PS. Post is not directed at you.

quote:
    Finally some compensation for all those sales we send them!

We do o.k. from Amazon, so the 'new' commission is basically a freebie. I'm more interested in the number of 3rd party sales that will be recognized by Amazon.

CodeJockey.

I am more interested in them dropping the scumware merchants, then hopefuly my sales will get back to what they were.

quote:
    my sales will get back to what they were.

Then we must be getting royally you-know-what because we do o.k. from Amazon.

CodeJockey.

I too do ok with Amazon.

Haiko, While I too would like to see them not support parasites I'm not about to drop Amazon as long as I keep making money and it steadily increases each month and has ever since I joined Amazon in 1998.

I will do what I have to do to prevent the parasites from getting earnings from my site with the use of the Scripts that have been developed and Educating my visitors about the parasites.

Yes, there are other book sellers, and yes there are other music and video places that I could become affiliated with - the bottom line is, they can't convert to sales like Amazon does. For any product that I sell from my sites that earns me higher commission at another merchant and they convert as good , I will happily switch from Amazon or other merchants currently associated with parasites.

I appreciate and support the fight you have chosen to take on for all of us affiliates, but when it comes to putting food on the table and keeping a roof over our heads I have to consider what is best for my family right now and not be quite a choosy as some can be since my husband has been out of work for almost a year now - my earnings are the only money coming in to pay our bills.

chinaski,

quote:
    I appreciate and support the fight you have chosen to take on for all of us affiliates, but when it comes to putting food on the table and keeping a roof over our heads I have to consider what is best for my family right now and not be quite a choosy as some can be since my husband has been out of work for almost a year now - my earnings are the only money coming in to pay our bills.

My post of ...

quote:
    What about all the ParasiteWare support we have all complained about in the past?

Two tier doesn't wash with me, when there are many more important and prior issues on table!

I did not ask you to ban/drop them, nor imply any another (justifiable(?)) action ... my response was only a blind one directed at Amazon relating to the two tier and their continued marketing BS of ... NOTHING MORE.

Haiko
    [speeeling [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]]

[ 05-22-2002: Message edited by: Haiko ]

quote:
    Tho the real puzzle is, why would Amazon, all of a sudden, decide to pay more to affiliates rather than keep more to themselves?

My guess is that, as this article alludes to:
    http://www.internetnews.com/ec-news/...143151,00.html

...they came to the realisation that their sales force of 700,000 is an asset they'd like to keep for the long/longer term. Perhaps they feared real disaffection, especially from the larger players.

If you run your traffic reports, you can see how many "Marketplace" sales you've had over the last couple of days. I knew they'd be high, but not as high as 50%+, at least in my case.

I have yet to look at the numbers, but I have a sneaking suspicion they have larger margins with used market sales, and are paying associates less than for new purchases. Yet, people in their forums and others are professing their love for them for this move.

Just imagine what could be accomplished on behalf of associates if these 700,000 people could organize and demand changes in their interests.

I've often wondered that if even a portion of we associates could organize, if we could create another Amazon . . . .

Honestly can't we talk about Amazon without going on about parasiteware? They're not the only vendor doing it and the change to the commission structure DOES show that they're listening to affiliates. Give 'em a break this one time (but keep the pressure up).

Affiliates have been complaining about the 3rd party sales for probably over a year now and we finally got a response. Let's keep on about parasiteware too.

I still have Amazon.com links, partly because I use both Amazon.co.uk (who aren't on the scumware list at present) and Amazon.com side by side, partly because they have an unrivalled product range, but I'm giving more prominence to decent anti-parasite merchants like TigerDirect too.

Haiko, I see your point is well-made [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] but as Meowser says, there are lots of different ways of joining in the fight.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what turns up. I used to get toy sales from Amazon.com before they partered up with Toys R Us so maybe I'll get a few again [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread