Is This Affiliate-able?
    Greetings, one and all. I have a credit sharing program I'd like to promote through affiliates. I don't charge anything for people to use my program, but I would want to somehow compensate affiliates whenever someone they've sent to the website becomes active in the program.

It looks to me like the only way affiliates can work is if I sell a product and share the sale with the affiliate. Can anyone think of a way to make affiliates work for my program?

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    You can also create a pay per lead program, if that's something that is applicable here.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Affiliate Manager
    Yeah pay per lead would be your best bet, once they sign up, pay the affiliate who sent the sign up. You could potentially add value to the affiliates (as I imagine the payment would be low) by paying for ever X number of posts contributions the user makes.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
    Yeah pay per lead would be your best bet, once they sign up, pay the affiliate who sent the sign up. You could potentially add value to the affiliates (as I imagine the payment would be low) by paying for ever X number of posts contributions the user makes.
    Thanks, Ryan. How would I go about implementing your suggestion?

Affiliate Manager
    Knowing very little about your platform, I would assume you have confirmation page that people hit after they sign up? Put a pixel in the confirmation page that fires each time an affiliate sends a sign up.
    From a reoccurring commission standpoint I would have someone build a data rule that fires for ever X number of posts and attributes the user back to its original affiliate for pay out. to track posts, you would need to put a pixel in the "post" button that fires each time a post is made and attributes data to the specific user. The user data can be used by the data rule to know when to pay out affiliates.

You have user A, B, C, D, E for example. Affiliate 1, sent user A, B. Affiliate 2 sent user C, and Affiliate 3 sent user D, and E. Each of them get paid for referring their respected users. When data shows that users A and B posted X number of times, Affiliate 1 gets paid.

How you build, promote, track, communicate, and pay those users and affiliates is up to you.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread