What's the low-down on this one?

Are they a scumware merchant?

I have them at one of my sites and the results haven't been impressive. They did pay quarterly now switched to monthly with only a 25 dollar min which is great but my stats show I had a whopping 14 clickthrus and I know that is way wrong. :eek:

Something is definintely fishy with Bass Pro Shops. As popular as fishing is, I find it hard to believe you only got 14 click-thrus.

I was debating signing up with them, then I saw them on one of your sites, figured they must be a good merchant, and was going to ask you about them. I'm planning an outdoor site and use their stuff myself. Then I saw they were on the Morpheus Merchant list. Nowhere did I see that they'd dropped Buyersport. The Buyersport issue is supposedly resolved, but I think it's a good bet they are still involved with scum.

ABW Ambassador
    The Morpheus issue will still be with us until the updated version (supposedly non-scummy) is adopted by the majority of their user base.

And there's still the question of the merchant's ethics about parasitic link placement ... if a merchant thinks it's okay, we'll just face the same fight with something else instead of Morpheus next time round.

Elisabeth Archambault

quote:
    The Morpheus issue will still be with us until the updated version (supposedly non-scummy) is adopted by the majority of their user base.

I agree with you Elisabeth. But I haven't seen much the past 10 days on the Buyersport/Morpheus issue. From the message on Parasiteware.com Haiko considers Morpheus a done deal.

quote:
    And there's still the question of the merchant's ethics about parasitic link placement ... if a merchant thinks it's okay, we'll just face the same fight with something else instead of Morpheus next time round.

Did anyone contact Bass Pro to advise them of the Morpheus issue? I don't remember seeing them in the list of contacted merchants.

[ 05-30-2002: Message edited by: eaglefire ]

Morpheus is a "Done Deal" as all new downloads, since last week, are not parasitic. I know that Microsoft is working with Morpheus to ensure stablitiy of the 2.0 offering, once that is completed then they will release 2.0 and overwrite the BHO.

Haiko

Thanks for the clarification Haiko. I was going to post a topic asking you about it but I've been too busy actually building pages this week

So, until there is a reason for people to download a non-parasitic version of Morpheus - ie, the upgrade to 2.0 - no need to put up links for merchants that didn't drop Buyersport.

eaglefire,

quote:
    So, until there is a reason for people to download a non-parasitic version of Morpheus - ie, the upgrade to 2.0 - no need to put up links for merchants that didn't drop Buyersport

Well, I'd rather suggest the use of the detect.js script, this way you can help your vistiors clean their machines earlier [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Haiko

Bass Pro Shops used to be 'da kind' place to get fishing stuff...but now you can go to any Walmart and buy pretty much whatever they have at BPS for much less money.

I wasn't impressed with their percentage and their set up is real sloppy. Most of any sales you would make probably slip thru the cracks right into their pockets without them paying you.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    They have done nothing at all on my site. I have pulled most off now, since they offered no product links. I had e mailed and told them I wasn't interested in brand building for them since all they had was banners. They did just come out with product links, however scumware issues with their name being bounced around and a pull back from any BF programs they will soon be gone off my site completely.

WW

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread