Promotions? I know you guys get this a lot. Sorry..
    I have a new social network and have tried adwords until it almost broke me :/ I have it in classifieds even got desperate enough to try traffic exchanges ( now I remember why I stopped doing that years ago) Any advise on how to get the word out very cheap or even free methods would go a long way at the moment. I am considering promoting it on places like this when funds are back up.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Let people see what you have to offer WITHOUT having to register first.

I looked at your site, saw you had to register before seeing ANY info re what the site was about or what it had to offer, and left. 99% of visitors will do the same.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Phil! I will try that. I was a bit shy about it at first because of a gamesite i have. At first it got slammed with scammers and spammers but right now it would be worth the time deleting their stuff if it does happen.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Those folks will always start slamming a site, especially if it involves games as those have been fraught with that type of traffic forever. Is this a social network or a game site? Usually something is one or the other. You've now seen what happens if you offer a game (if I'm reading your response right). Perhaps that isn't the bait you want to use to attract new members.

I once had someone equate requiring registration before getting to do anything else on a site is like proposing at the start of the first date - you'll say "NO!" because you don't know yet before making that kind of a commitment. Make it easy to opt-in at multiple points in the site to gain additional priviledges, but don't require it upfront if at all possible.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Howdy J. I will reply to both threads here.. I have a small (toy) poodle and a very large (standard) poodle. Thanks for your replies. It is not offering any games. and I do see your point about quality being a different story now. In the past I would on average spend a few mins to a couple hrs throwing a site together with 1 click scripts or drag and drops just to have something indexed and building the numbers up. I actually have no true bait, other than it is a Social Network for a specific trade or in our world it would be called a "Niche Social Network". I guess..

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    There are tens of thousands of people at any given time looking for the fast forumla to make money on the internet. They will buy almost anything, dutifully follow and pay for all of the garbage they are told to purchase and use, and end up sorely disillusioned with affiliate marketing. The thing is, that's not affiliate marketing. So, if you are having a "niche social network" targeting affiliates, unless you've got some quality info or networking on there, why should someone join? I would guess that's the reason you attracked the scammers and spammers first off. You'd be stunned to know how many of them try to post on ABW, and all of the moderators do our best to constantly delete their posts and kick them out as quickly as possible.
    Last edited by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow; September 27th, 2015 at 07:49 PM.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread