:eek: Has anyone gotten a check lately? I joined in December and have only received one check so far and that was in April. They owe me over a couple of thousand dollars now and I am definately starting to get worried. Most of the money always shows it was collected and then it moves to collectibles. Any input here would be appreciated.

ABW Ambassador
    Gameboy,
    I've heard similar stories about Direct Leads, etc. I think there was always some doubt about the strength in the company...at least that is what I gathered when I inquired about them. There were also some issues with them and ABW. I inquired about some of the things I was hearing about them at the time as I was using mycoupons, directcertificates, and myfreebies. I was politely told that ABW was just a loud vocal minority....sheesh.

Tom,

Thanks! I did end up calling them and they are going to look into it. Most of the money owed is from JackPot. :eek: :eek: My guess is they were waiting to be paid. I did just check and the months owed to me have been moved up to the Amnt Due spot which should mean that a check will be mailed shortly. At least I hope so. I have a feeling that Jackpot might of paid some of what they owed out. Thanks again!

ABW Ambassador
    No problem, and I hope that works out for you. I was just going on what I heard, but you know how that goes [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Patrick, Yep! They finally paid for February but not March as of yet.

I guess we can take this as somewhat of a *hopeful sign* that we will eventually be paid what we are owed

directleads sucks and everyone knows it.

they never paid me either.

also, they collect their advertiser money upfront so this crap that they are waiting to collect is a load of crap

Breeze,
    You were a month a head of me. I am finally getting paid for January and February. I'm also hoping this is a good sign with Jackpot. My big months with them are for April and May! Eeeks, those payments are a long ways off.

KnuckleHead,

I can't personally say whether they are good or bad yet. I know the payments are slow but providing I end up getting paid for what they owe me I have to stay with them. They are my number one producer right now. I have heard of some problems like Tom said with the coupons and so on but I have stayed away from that. Jeeez, why do I always have to take chances on programs? :eek:

ABW Ambassador
    Pat, The way I see it every single program has risk involved.

That's why it's so important to develop at least 10 different revenue streams.

(Kinda like an affiliate mutual fund [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

ps- my big months with them were march and april. I switch their link out in may when the money stopped showing up.

DL has always paid me, just never on time.

Breeze, I agree about many revenue streams. I don't mind waiting as long as it comes. Sometimes I even like the surprize check that shows up 7 months later that I forgot about, lol. I would rather be paid every month but as long as I know I will be paid I'm content.

As for them all being risks, I agree with that also. The most I have been burned for so far has been with CJ. The one that I never use to worry about. Now each month I just sit back and wait for the red bars or wait to see who has been deactivated. :eek:

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Hello all,

I just got a phone and an e-mail from a rep at Directstuff.

Before I even waste my time with a demo or anyhting else, i'll poll the members of the academy.

This is the just of it:

quote:
    I would like to take a moment of your time and introduce you first, to our
    company,Directstuff.com http://directstuff.com and secondly, to a new alternative to managing
    your affiliate program, DirectTrack(tm) http://directtrack.com.

DirectStuff is an online marketing company that has been in business since
    1994. We have recently released our affiliate tracking software, DirectTrack(tm). This is the software that has powered our DirectLeads network http://directleads.com since 1997.

I would like to invite you to an online, live, demonstration of how
    DirectTrack(tm) could work for you! I will be attempting to contact you over
    the next day or so to schedule a convenient time for you to review our
    software.

Yeah or nay???

ABW Ambassador
    Andy,
    I can't say one way or the other because everything I've heard is basically hearsay. One thing I can attest to is they have a template based system for site branding for their freebies, coupons, and gift certificates. This worked great for one of our sites, and you know how I feel about branding (hint, hint [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]). They need to approve the templates before they go live. I made an update one time, and it took almost 2 months for them approve it. All I did was change a link in the menu, and there wasn't any questionable content. Repeated e-mails went unanswered. When I finally did get a reply, I was told they were upgrading and the change would be made within 24 hours. That change never happened. That was about one month into it. I continued to inquire about why the changes weren't made, and then there were no answers. Just shy of the 2 month mark, I got an e-mail from a staff member asking why the links on my site were taken down to their services. I replied explaining the situation, and then I promptly received a phone call about it. That phone call was helpful and the updates were made within 1 hour.

[ 06-04-2002: Message edited by: TH Media ]

Andy,

This is a difficult post to answer for I have a "history" with them ... (remember all the clovers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ).

I know Jason's main software can do wonders and is pretty accurate but the DirectTrack offering is not what you need ... based on YOUR volume and needs I think you would outgrow it very fast. Todd F. has a much better offering, and in about 4 weeks you should see a nice alternative that I could suggest [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Haiko

Andy,

We use Affiliate Tracking and have not had a single problem in over 4 years...it handles all our 250,000 member get paid email program which is set up like an affiliate program and has a built in email manager that rocks.

It's easy to use and tracks on the fly. If you want contact info, send me an email and I will tell you who to call. It's real deal for what's you get and the people are first rate to deal with and the support is EXCELLENT.

Jason, has been trying to get us to use Direct Track. It's decent, but after talking to him on the phone about it, he's pretty clueless about what is going on in the affiliate marketing world.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    I think i have the answers..

Thank you..

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Andy;

In all my years of promoting affiliate enabled merchants I've never received a check from any independent run program. These FREEBEE -incent -e-mail and subscription affiliate management scripts were never designed for merchants that have products to push thru pre-sell display links. They just jumped on the radar when CJ booted out all the PPC crowd of merchant/affiliate thieves. Your program at BeFree is not broken only their management attitude sucks. The only thing you immediately need is a special invite program that takes your promotional HTML flyers and embeds them with affiliate ID# ..then blasts them to a double opt-in buyers club list managed by each affiliate. If the affiliates list doesn't convert ..boot them out

Ummmmmm, Has anyone received a check for January or February? I still haven't received anything. They did email me about my Tax form which I faxed and they received on Friday of last week. I still don't show a payment being made. One check in 6 months is a bit too much for me to deal with.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread