ABW Ambassador
    Other than Adam Ward [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I was wondering if there were any other ABW members that have tried Cognigen. I have been with them for about a year, but never, ever, promoted (not sure why). About 2 weeks ago, I began to push the products on our websites, and I'm seeing somewhat of a postive reaction. Just this week alone, I have sold several dial-up accounts, and a variety of domain names...and 1 toll free customer. This seems like an OK start to me, but I'm looking for feedback from ABW members who are signed up with cognigen. Have you experienced continued growth? Are you making any income? Is it worth it to you? When I started seeing sign-ups, I went ahead and set up a website dedicated to it. I've also narrowed some of their products to include on our TH Media site to better target our users. Some of them have even become resellers...any thoughts from the gang?

@ Adam, I'm not exluding you...I already know you are cognigen agent [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Tom Pyles

Been with Cognigen for over two years - big drawback is you need 4 referrals who use the products to get a check.

I have over 135 referrals and have never gotten a penney.

ABW Ambassador
    >big drawback is you need 4 referrals who use the products to get a check.

You are asked to make 4 sales.
    If you can only make one sale it is added on to the next month's total. (and the next if needed).

Each sale then becomes residual income on most services.

There are people who have been at it 2 years [as just an example] who make $3000 to $5000 per month.

Heck, it's easy to make 4 sales a day.
    The STUFF is priced right.
    Everyone uses the STUFF to some degree.

/ramble

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the feedback guys...so far, so good...I'm seeing continuous sign-ups. The products I'm pushing right now are the internet access and the domain name registrations. These fit right into our current services, and I'm working on better integrating them into our pages. I will add products as time permits. One thing I don't like is how long it takes things to show in reports. I know some of the billing like for long distance takes awhile since the bill has to be mailed out, paid by customer, then mailed back in. That is understandable. I noticed that the domain name registrations don't show any commission although the registration does show in my reports. Nobody has been able to tell me why the commissions aren't showing. Adam, one problem I have noticed is many of the service websites are full of typos or in some cases, links don't work. I've attempted to contact each vendor about it but nothing seems to happen. This is why I won't push the DirectTV service...there is no way to see the programming as the links go to the wrong pages. I know this isn't your problem, I'm just expressing my concerns to another member [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Tom Pyles

I believe that you need to have 4 active accounts EACH month to get paid. I know some months I have had a commission check and then other months later I haven't had any because I only had 2 active accounts. Adam, I don't think it's right that it's pushed into the following month. I believe that for any month to count, you need WITHIN that month to have 4 active accounts. I believe this is true because I wrote Su at conigen about this rule.

ABW Ambassador
    >I believe that for any month to count, you need WITHIN that month to have 4 active accounts.

THAT IS CORRECT

almost everyone has a long distance service provider!

You
    your mother
    your girl/boy friend
    your best buddy

and you qualify - that's it
    Long Distance SELLS the best

[when a providers site is #@*^ed up we DO NOT promote it.

ABW Ambassador
    Adam,
    Your not kidding. I have not done a lot with LD...but doing well with dial-up and domain registrations. I will begin to promote other aspects as time permits (I am integrating each product into our website).

quote:
    [when a providers site is #@*^ed up we DO NOT promote it.

This is my biggest (and only) gripe.

Tom Pyles

[ 02-25-2002: Message edited by: TH Media ]

ABW Ambassador
    The BIGGEST drawback (for lack of a harsher word) with Cognigen is the "agents wanted" ad right on the home page. Anybody with two brain cells will sign themselves up before buying any services, effectively getting a 6% discount for themselves, instead of a commission for you.
    This is the slickest trick.
    If you have made substantial sales for commission credit, you could get REALLY rich by selling your customer list. They say ther's a sucker born every minute, but this particular breed of sucker is pretty hard to come by. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Wouldn't they become an agent under you, thus earning you residuals of their residuals? Plus it moves you up a level, right? I haven't been w/ cognigen long, but I wasn't happy about how cognisurf treated my girlfriend & made a duplicate acct & charged her for both for three months...best part is...she never got to use it, because she has a mac & they never sent her the instructions on how to set it up, which they said they'd do. I finally got those accounts cancelled & I had to convince her not to cancel her opex acct as well.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, they become an agent under you, but you get no residual commissions from their sales until you become a "qualified rep" (4 accounts sold).
    These subagent's purchases or sales do not count toward your qualification, so it is very difficult for the average person to attain qualified rep status, unless you want to purchase 4 accounts yourself, or impose upon your friends, family, or coworkers to buy from you.

quote:
    Originally posted by Deelz:
    Yes, they become an agent under you, but you get no residual commissions from their sales until you become a "qualified rep" (4 accounts sold).

Not so. To get a commission you need to have four active accounts but you do not have to be a QR. As long as you have that, you get residual commissions from your downline regardless of your "rank".

You can be a regional vicepresident and not get paid if you do not have four active accounts, or you can be an independent rep (the rank everyone gets when they join) and make thousands of dollars every month.

Personally, I have been a Cognigen agent for four years. I am earning a nice income from it month after month and it keeps growing every month, but I could not care less about the MLM aspect of Cognigen (I do have a downline somehow, but only one of my subagents has any customers anyway).

By the way, it is very easy to get four active accounts for any Cognigen agent who lives in the US since they do have the lowest prices in long distance. All you've got to do is sign yourself up as a customer: get long distance, get an 800 number for $2/month, get a phone card, and, depending on where you live, you can get Internet access for $12.50/month, all for yourself. So, having four active accounts is very easy for US agents. Non-US agents have to do some selling to US customers, but it is a very easy sell.

Although I don't do much with Cognigen, they seem to always confuse people with having tons of options that are similar. For instance they have a 12.50 a month internet access plan and also a 12.45 a month internet plan. I get emails from people wanting to know the difference. I still can't figure it out. But also why they seem to offer so many possibilities that people just get bewildered.

ABW Ambassador
    I agree, but sometimes more options are better. I use and sell a lot of the cognisurf dial-up access for $12.45...however, surfbest offers more dial-up numbers...for the most part, I only push Cognisurf. I do something similar with the other services....Kall8 for toll free...Opex for long distance, etc. There are less options this way, but these seem to be the best options (price, service, etc).

I think Cognigen is a good program to promote. The rates are good, and people who are looking to save money, usually think the deals are good. Try promoting 1-2 services in the beginning; once you are comfortable doing that, add more products. Don't be afraid to try the services yourself -- the rates are good, plus you will be able to tell your customers that you are using the service youself.

ABW Ambassador
    Cognigen Networks Signs With Talk America to Offer Local/Long Distance Service Package.

Press Release

Should be online about June 15th

Cognigen commissions on Talk America will be standard monthly residual commissions on 50% of the MRC PLUS 100% of any usage beyond the MRC.

[typo]

[ 06-09-2002: Message edited by: Adam Ward ]

ABW Ambassador
    Hey Adam....I got my first check from Cognigen...wasn't even expecting it... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

i signed up for their toll free under a freind of mine and then joined to be a member of cognigen.

well, i like the IDEA of cognigen, just not them especially!

i never got the toll free number, someone dropped the ball. i was never contacted about it. and after contacting them, they said tehy were waiting for a copy of my current phone bill. well duh thanks for tellingme. i wanted a month after they go it, no reply. after waiting 60 days, i wrote to cognigen expressing my dissatisfaction and also said if this is how sales go, how can i ake any money?

to make matters worse, after i joined cognigen, the emails just wont stop from them. the latest barrage is the old "you have 10 days left to activate or youre outta here" type email! i hate that!

i really really believe this could be a huge money making opportunity and their prices are definitely right, but i got bad customer service andit went downhill from there!

teh toll free provider was PNG, as i seem to recall.

Cognigen's
    Computer store anybody showing any conversions now that they have switched suppliers?

ABW Ambassador
    Nope....Prices are too high IMO. I've set up my own mirror site and I'm sending that computer traffic to Tiger instead.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Started promoting them when they first opened up on 4 sites. Over 2 years later ( I refused to do my MLM part and pay for upgrade level) I have over 100,000 in my downline and NOT ONE CHECK. I'm the proud owner of 19433 e-mails from Cogigen I forgot I had filtered to their own e-mail box folder. I sent them 4 e-mails over several months,but never got a response from them. I guess I owe them for the obvious difference.

O.k -
    Thanks that was kinda what I thought.I pushed their products for 3 months, nothing.

ABW Ambassador
    That is something that Fred said as well...I've had several sales with them, and received my first check a few weeks back. It could be the type of business we are. I'm dealing with small businesses with hosting, so maybe it is a good target for Cognigens services. I mostly see domain name registrations as well as internet access. Toll free comes up pretty high also. I don't see a lot of long distance sales [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

quote:
    Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    Started promoting them when they first opened up on 4 sites. Over 2 years later ( I refused to do my MLM part and pay for upgrade level) I have over 100,000 in my downline and NOT ONE CHECK. I'm the proud owner of 19433 e-mails from Cogigen I forgot I had filtered to their own e-mail box folder. I sent them 4 e-mails over several months,but never got a response from them. I guess I owe them for the obvious difference.

I never paid for any upgrade level and have 4+ active accounts thus receive checks. You don't need to pay for anything with Cognigen to receive checks - thats a fact! Do you have 4 active personal customers because I have a hard time believing that you have a 100,000 downline and are not receiving checks. In fact you would be receiving some healthy checks with that downline if you personally have "only" 4 customers. Let's face it - offering 3.9 cent a minute long distance doesn't make it hard to get customers at all. If you have 2 phone lines yourself- that is already 2 customers.

Do you check your private account and see how much volume/commissions are occurring in your downline? If you have 100,000 in your downline and the company has 223,899 agents - get me access to your private account and I will somehow buy your account seeing you feel that Cognigen has no value. Sound fair?

I use the agent support form in the agent private section when I have a question and have "always" received responses.

Larry Wentz
    www.AffiliateNetwork.org www.PhoneForFree.com

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread