ABW Ambassador
    Couple of things, and again, I'd like to get some feedback. First, how often do you guys refer somebody to a website without sending a link? The reason I'm asking is I'd like to implement a system where you could send off-line referrals our way. You tell Joe about our site, and when he signs up, he enters who referred him. Is this asking too much?
    We actually already have this system in place, but now I'm developing the presentation to affiliates.

Second issue...toll free numbers. TH Media has had a toll free number for several years now, however, I rarely publish it. This is for several reasons...first, support questions can get rather expensive...Not that we have a problem with support over the phone, but we used to get a ton of questions about features on Front Page, or how to use Outlook Express. We are implementing a new phone system that can basically sort these calls based on department. If we were to publish our toll-free number on our site, I would require all sales employees to inquire about how that person found us.
    Do you guys find it sufficient that our sales staff inquire about a referring websites URL. This would all still be tracked, even if the user either didn't come to our site from yours...or the user cleared their cookies, etc. I wanted some feedback before I publish the number. Either way, it will still be some time before our new phone system is in, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Tom
    My thoughts on this are,

Normaly I would not trust/believe any merchant would credit me with a sale they had made using the telephone, it's hard enough getting some of them them to credit a sale without them having phone #'s.

The only exceptions that I would feel comfortable with would be yourself and Andy from Tiger.

I think you might find most affilliates would prefer that there be no telephone number on the page.

ABW Ambassador
    Gordon,
    Thanks for the reply. Maybe I can get it on there somewhere for sales questions or something similar...just not add it to our logo [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] We'll see what happens...it will be some time before I do anything at all...I'm just looking for feedback.

as a customer, i wouldnt even consider hosting somewhere with no phone number. i know you want to please your affiliates, but it isnt feasible to cut off potential clients! is it???

you need to accomodate the needs of the client FIRST and build your affiliate base second!! IMHO!

you have to decide how to run your company and while advise is always nice, you have to do whats in the best interest of teh company or else you may not even need affiliates!!

as an affiliate, im sure my sales would be better if there were a phone number. how many people actually call to place an order??? just tell the caller they should sign up on line?? no??

rather than asking affiliates here how to operate, maybe go to some news groups and ask what CUSTOMERS want!! Then your conversions should be much higher!

be careful!

ABW Ambassador
    Lauren,
    You are correct in your statements, but you need to understand that I dictate how I run my business. I do, however, take feedback from others, including affiliates. I don't see anything wrong with that.

quote:
    Originally posted by TH Media:
    Lauren,
    You are correct in your statements, but you need to understand that I dictate how I run my business. I do, however, take feedback from others, including affiliates. I don't see anything wrong with that.

hi,

im sorry, i know sometimes when i say stuff, it doesnt come out right [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

but i hope you understood what i was trying to say!!

customer is king!!!

oooh oooh! i have a good idea!

instead of a phone number, why not use that live helper chat thingy??

its in real time, you dont have to hang up your computer to use the phone and they are right there and can signup??

everyone wins!

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Gordon:
    [QB]The only exceptions that I would feel comfortable with would be yourself and Andy from Tiger.
    QB]

Gordon,

Thank you sir - we are looking at tracking and compensating our partners for orders that start on the web and end on the phone with the new in house system. It has the capability, we just need to figure out a way to implement with our back end.

ABW Ambassador
    Lauren,
    I do understand where your coming from, and perhaps I detected a little 'harshness' in your post that wasn't there [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Customer is king, I'm with you there. One thing about our business is roughly 50%-75% of our business is word of mouth. We have happy customers, and they like to tell others. I consider our affiliates as partners that are helping to spread that word of mouth (to an extent). Yes, there are affiliates that just put a small text link hidden deep in the site somewhere, however, we do have those affiliates that have dedicated whole pages to us, and write good things about our services. Many of our affiliates are clients as well, so they can speak first hand. While I'll never be able to satisfy every affiliates request, I can accept their feedback and put these things into consideration if I think it will benefit the company to do so.

Andy,

Have you checked out TeleDirect...it's pretty inexpensive and they have a serious high tech call center. and you can simply track phone orders by Id# attached to the toll free number like VMC does.

Also, this would allow affiliates to advertise the toll free number offline and make sales.

I bet your sales would sky rocket.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Fred,

We have a state of the art call center, runs 24/7, 3 shifts, 175 agents during the day shifts and less in the evening.

We just need to "tie" it in all together...

I'm working on that....

Many new announcements coming out soon...

Awesome...I could flood your call center with prospects if I knew I'd get credit for it.

Call VMC and ask them how they do it.

Rick Rahim
    Manager
    Affiliate Marketing Group www.vmcsatellite.com

Hey Andy, you ever thought of setting up a Tiger Direct club like Sams Club...charge a small fee to be a member and get your own
    selfreplicating Tiger page you can buy off of?

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread