Thread: What About a Good Old Reference Site, Not Welcome?

What About a Good Old Reference Site, Not Welcome?
    No choice for it, do I just move on?

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Actually you'd be okay to probably categorize yourself as an Editorial Content site if you write all the stuff yourself (or you and your team), or as a Communities & UGC site if other folks post as well. I'd be glad to help you decide which sub-category is best for you. If it is for the Coin Forum or Stamp Forum, then you are definitely "Communities & UGC."

These kinds of sub-categories came about because there is so much diversity today, and not all content sites are created equal (and thus all don't fit for every merchant).

But no doubt you qualify in one of those!!!

Let me know if I can help you in any way.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Sounds like "Editorial Content" would be the closest fit for most of us who write thought-provoking, informative, compelling award-worthy articles
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

We absolutely love those who write thought-provoking, informative, compelling award-worthy articles, Phil! By all means!!!
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

This is ridiculous. I finally got back to this and now it wants *sectors* There's nothing that applies to coin or stamp collecting. Nothing. Not even the catch all *recreation* that most networks have. I've wasted way too much time on this. I don't have to jump through all this crap on any other network.

6. Thanks From:

Each network does things a little bit different, but I'm very happy to help you through the AWin process! By sector, we were asking you what areas were of interest to you, rather than what your site is about. That way merchants who are in those sectors will be able to see your interest to invite you to their programs.

I'm always here for you!

By sector, we were asking you what areas were of interest to you, rather than what your site is about. That way merchants who are in those sectors will be able to see your interest to invite you to their programs.
    I'm sorry, but that makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. I love lingerie, but I'm not an expert and have no sites about lingerie. Why in the world would I want lingerie merchants contacting me?

I mean the sectors field is directly under my site url field and site description field.

Yup, I know the question you are referring to. I would select Retail > gifts & flowers for your sector, as that's your primary niche focus. I know that it's not as specific as you might prefer, but it will suffice here. You're not likely to get contacted by lingerie merchants then, as they'd see your URL while they were considering sending you an invite to their program Whatever sector(s) you select will not affect your ability to apply to any program you choose.

We have many affiliates who join our network who have multiple sites in different verticals, or perhaps own comparison sites or review sites who consequently are interested in multiple sectors. We also have many affiliates who are interested in a single sector. We love them all!

I think I'll just pass and stick with other networks that supply correct information and actually care about it. You have NOTHING for any type of collecting at all. I'm not going to waste my time applying to merchants on your network when they're going to see "gifts and flowers" on my application. That's just silly. It's hard enough getting a response from merchants with accurate info.

Well actually they'll see a lot more on your application than your sector. They'll see your promotional type, your site name, your URL, the description about your site that you personally create, and your contact information. If they want to ask you a question, they can send you an email with a single click and you can contact them the same way. If you're trying to contact them and they don't respond, you have the entire Affiliate Window US Account Management team who will help you do so. Other networks may place limits such as only showing an affiliate's sector to the merchant during the approval process , but we believe in transparency and provide much more information than that in both directions - merchant about the affiliate, and affiliate about the merchant. We take pride in being available to help both our merchants and our affiliates, and do everything we can to facilitate those relationships.

I think your point about collecting as a sector is a great one in that location, and I'll bring it up with our tech team. It's good for you to know that once you are in the AWin interface, you will find Collectibles as a category, for example within our discount code section. That area and others inside the interface are much more granular.

So bottom line, yup, we do things differently, but you wouldn't get rejected by a merchant due to the sector and you'd have a much easier time contacting the network or the merchant with us than you'd ever imagine. I hope you'll reconsider so we get the chance to take good care of you too!

Oh my Lord, now you want a credit card? NFW. Fourth attempt, down the tubes. What a freakin' joke. Etsy just ain't this freakin' important for crying out loud.

I've discussed that part of the process before - it's to help make sure you are you, and helps keep the bad guys out! (They could never get a financial institution to confirm their identity!) I'm sending you a message that will help you with that part.

Biggest freakin' waste of time ever.

After all this Etsy rejected me. There's no way that any merchant that is selling 18,000 coin related items should reject me unless they are misinformed by LOUSY profile options or have a LOUSY affiliate manager. I'm not just a "community" that sells "gifts and flowers," in fact I don't sell anything. I send $2M in gross sales to eBay every year for crying out loud. If the affiliate manager actually read my profile and looked at my site, he/she is seriously in the wrong profession.

15. Newsletter Signup