Question Hope for an ISP site?
    I no longer own a domain/host and I don't plan on jumping back into a domain/host (A payment problem happened due to a temporary credit glitch and I subsequently ended my domain/host plan. I solved my credit problem, but all that work on domains/hosting can end on one hiccup).

I do still have access to my site on my Internet Service Provider.
    Are there networks/advertisers willing to work with an ISP site?
    I would think Amazon would work with an ISP site; any other networks?

I actually started with an ISP site and made more money with the ISP site (due to the fact that I did this in 1997) I wonder if I can still sign with networks only using an ISP site? I also have Twitter and Tumblr sites but not with privately owned domains.

I'd like to get back into affiliate marketing slowly

Is everyone asleep or are people ignoring my post?
    Last edited by Rhia7; October 22nd, 2015 at 12:05 AM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Hi Rhia,
    if you have an active SAS account you are welcome to join the Body Factory program. Not quite sure what you mean by an ISP site, to be honest, but I won't decline you for not having a domain ; - )

I could make my ISP site responsive; it's just that the url will contain the ISP in it.
    Any word on Amazon? I might have to focus on their links.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by VampireSkunk View Post
    Hi Rhia,
    if you have an active SAS account you are welcome to join the Body Factory program. Not quite sure what you mean by an ISP site, to be honest, but I won't decline you for not having a domain ; - )
    Thank you, Vampire Skunk. I might have to re-open the SAS account; I think I closed it thinking the merchants would not accept an ISP site. I mean something like: www.isp.com/~rhia7 -- that's not the real site's url, but you get the gist.

What happened to me was similar to a "temporary tragedy:" 2 important payment glitches were caused and the billing wouldn't be expedited so I couldn't save my domains/hosting plus I lost my keys on the same day. A week later I found my keys and I worked out the payment liquidity problem but I lost my host/domain account with 1&1 and my relatives only want me to work on "free sites" for a while as everyone in my family heard about what happened.

I see my ISP site is still active and I could change it around. I had 3 domains and that turned out difficult for me to deal with mainly because I had trouble with 1&1's structure plus I spent an enormous amount of time making subdomains: I think secretly I loved classifying things in subdomains to such an extent that I put more effort in creating the subdomains than the pages. I had blogs but everything created on 1&1 got wiped out when a payment glitch happened. This event was extremely painful for me.
    Unforeseen glitches can happen. I wish my problem had not occurred because something I loved was wiped out in an instant but now I can just get on with my life.

It would be healing to start out again using an "isp site" and to Keep It Simple.
    I'm just trying to see if anyone will work with something like: www.isp.com/~rhia
    Thank you, Vampire Skunk, for reaching out
    Last edited by Rhia7; October 22nd, 2015 at 01:07 AM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I think you could have problems being accepted back into the networks without a domain.

I was with 1&1 for a while but stopped using them because they made everything so hard with their proprietary interfaces (ie no cPanel).

If you decide to retry the domain/host model, you will find it much easier if you avoid a host like 1&1 and go with one of the many good options that offer a standard control panel.

There are very cheap hosting solutions available. I use Hawkhost and their basic package is less than $3 a month. I've never had a problem with them in years.

They would probably offer you a free domain registration if you sign up, but my recommendation is to keep domain registration and hosting separate - that way, if you want to change hosts in the future, you can easily point your domains to the new host. If your domain is registered with your hosting company, it's much harder to switch to a new host.

Sounds like you've been having some problems - hope everything gets resolved OK. Best wishes - would love to have you on board with Body Factory.

6. Thanks From:

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread