ABW Ambassador
    Hi
    Has WonderfulBuys always had the massive (and I mean massive) toll free number hitting buyers between the eyes when a link is followed to their site?

I found it difficult to find out where the online order was. Have a look at this

Total Gym 3000

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    It's called diversion in the affiliate merchant world. Somehow bypass the commission wherever possible. Dell even pops up an alert screen warning their shopping cart customer at checkout to call 800# if they want to protect their privacy/cc info. Wanks all of them who pay 75 cents to minimum wage operators to take the orders.

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, it's always been big. Got bigger when they improved (and yes, it IS an improvement) their site design.

I send them a good bit of traffic. This month they're converting at 1:28 for me. I think the worst conversion rate I ever had for them was something like 1:35 (relying on my memory).

And I have a very low reversal rate with them.

I just built two new pages for them that started converting the day they got in Inktomi.

This is not to say that ALL of their products convert, there are some dogs in there, but I wish all my merchants withOUT a 1-800 number did so well. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The buy button is over on the left. Keep an eye on this item, though. I seem to remember them being out of stock on the Total Gym many times.

ABW Ambassador
    Webmistress
    Thanks for the info on the gym set. I think I will look for other merchants anyway. I accept that they convert on some items, but I think that telephone number is just too much of a distraction for internet shopers. I believe Oshmans has similar gym stuff.

Isn't Oshman's one of the Global Sports Authority managed sites (not logged in to cj right now)?

asontv.com has some of the total gyms. They seem to always keep them in stock. A bit of a hard sell compared to other home exercise equipment for me.

That left hand link on the Wonderfulbuys page is pretty discouraging to actual purchasing online, I'd think. Can you link directly to the order form? Asontv has that kind of linking, though I usually don't do it.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread