Is there a way to sell gift cards for companies and gain some sort of return?
    I'm looking to start selling gift cards for popular businesses(subway or walmart for example) or prepaid visa cards and gain a return from them, such as selling a $20 gift card for $20 and gaining a 10% return back on the sale for myself. I do know there are gift card websites so I'm sure they see some type of return for selling those gift cards. How do I start such a website? Where do I look, or who do I contact/call?

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Many merchants accounting departments don't allow commissioning on gift cards because they aren't considered cash in the door until they are redeemed. You'd have to check with each merchant you're looking to work with to see if you can earn on sales of online or physical gift cards.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    As Wade said, some merchants pay commissions to affiliates for promoting gift cards, but most do not.

But, there are companies whose business it is to sell various gift cards and that have affiliate programs. Do a G search for something like "Gift Card Affiliate Programs" and you will find several of them.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound View Post
    As Wade said, some merchants pay commissions to affiliates for promoting gift cards, but most do not.

But, there are companies whose business it is to sell various gift cards and that have affiliate programs. Do a G search for something like "Gift Card Affiliate Programs" and you will find several of them.
    I searched for that, and that is only promoting their website itself, and not specific gift cards. I did manage to find amazon's gift card program, where you get a 6% return on all sales of gift card. Walmart has a 4% return on sales on gifts, not sure if that includes gift cards..But I think the answer might be searching around the website or contacting the merchant I want to contact. But thank you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by different View Post
    I searched for that, and that is only promoting their website itself, and not specific gift cards.
    None of those sites let you promote specific products they offer? None of them? Really? Have you tried searching through SAS, CJ, LS, etc merchant lists> I'm sure I've seen some on LS and a quite awhile back on CJ.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound View Post
    None of those sites let you promote specific products they offer? None of them? Really? Have you tried searching through SAS, CJ, LS, etc merchant lists> I'm sure I've seen some on LS and a quite awhile back on CJ.
    Im a noob so I have no clue what any of those acronyms mean. There is a group of people I want to market to that would be interested in buying gift cards often. But it would be the same group of people..So I guess I would be more like a merchant selling gift cards to this group of people?

Sorry, those are some of the major affiliate networks: Shareasale, CJ Affiliate by Conversant (formally for years named "Commission Junction") and Linkshare.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread