I want to promote a few books, so I want to link directly to them. I haven't promoted Amazon before, but I remember hearing that they pay 15% commissions when you link to a specific book. Is that still true? Any feedback on promoting specific books at Amazon?

From what I understand, in order to get the 15% referral fee, the customer has to buy the book directly after clicking your recommend link. If the customer clicks to look at any other Amazon page first, the referral fee drops to 5%.

From Amazon.com
    "15% of Qualifying Revenues from the sale of each Individually Linked Book that, on the date of order, is listed in our catalog at 10% to 30% off the publisher's list price and that is added to the customer's Shopping Cart directly from the first page that results from following a Special Link to the Individually Linked Book."

Personally I've never received the 15%. I guess it takes good pre-"selling"... or someone who already knows they want that book.

Hope that helps!

Paula [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

You can remove the "similar items" by using an additional tag in the referral code, e.g.
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...y-affiliate-id

instead of:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...y-affiliate-id

This will make it more likely that you'll get the 15% if they want to book, but since it offers some good close matches it will also decrease your ability to make a sale overall. I guess that less than half my sales are actually the items I referred to, so it's a moot point as to which technique is best.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread