I'm launching a new site and will pay 10% on all sales to alliliates. The site is
    US-PINS.COM and I want the best program to
    run our program. CJ declined our request because they siad they were B2B (I let them have it because I own the current number 1 B2B site on CJ right now so they are re-reviewing US-PINS.COM. I looked at befree but they want $10,000 as a set up ! I'd pay it since the site is already makin good money and conversions are very high but is Befree the best?

quote:
    Originally posted by Moneymaker:
    I'm launching a new site and will pay 10% on all sales to alliliates. The site is
    US-PINS.COM and I want the best program to
    run our program. CJ declined our request because they siad they were B2B (I let them have it because I own the current number 1 B2B site on CJ right now so they are re-reviewing US-PINS.COM. I looked at befree but they want $10,000 as a set up ! I'd pay it since the site is already makin good money and conversions are very high but is Befree the best?

well dang!

why arent you over with the rest of us at FineClicks??
    http://fineclicks.com

doesnt get any better than that!

most people here are there and we are there too!

come on over!

psssssssttt... they are having a new merchant signup special now!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Setting up your program at CJ will allow you to bipass the trust issues and tap into a huge # of active affiliates. That is your first goal...getting immediate exposure for a great niche' product. Reaching fundraising -charity -union -Police/fireman departments -VFW Halls -fleamarketers and others who buy in qty involves e-mailing them with your affiliate enabled or direct sale offer. Your affiliate manager can use something like Copernic.com to easily find all those groups and personally write them a canned e-mail. Don't spamm and if you use a list broker make sure it's a opt-in list. Buy a few CPM deals if you have someone who knows how to make creative -high click banners. Get the domain and keywords at Overture and a few other PPC engines with a Adword buy at Google. Walla you get sales.

Hi Mike,

We have 490 top level domains registered all
    with our eywords etc. I have over 7 Million pages going out tight now with several thousand keywords. We also added 5000 keywords to Overture, ahha etc.etc..

What I heed is the best company to manage the affiliate program because this is really rocking and we've had great success with affiliates for our other programs !

I'll sigh up with all the minor affiliate program adminatrators next week but I need to know who the "Big Boy" is?

Moneymaker,

Hi and Welcome to ABW!

I can understand why CJ said it was a B2B site. Your niche is so specailized that getting "the Big Boy" really shouldn't be your priority. I'd rather look to see who could most effectively market the pins via their sales force (affiliates). If your going to market to individuals I think the most effective method would be via the smaller boutique firms like Fineclicks, ShareASale, Direct stuff etc.

Notwithstanding the above, the "Big Boy" is Linkshare.

HTH

Haiko

Thanks,

I'll get set up with
    Fineclicks, ShareASale, Direct stuff
    etc. for sure !

One problem is Linkshare has an exclusive and wants a huge set up fee. I guess my issues is to go with Linkshare alone or go with as many of the others and forget Linkshare.

MoneyMaker,

You can expect to pay about $41K first year with LS for results but you wanted to know the "Big Boy".

I really think you should do either a fineclicks or Shareasale deal (for tracking) and then recruit your independently into the system. I'll be happy to help you with this next week.

Haiko
    PS. You can use my links to sign up [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I should have fineclicks set up today if the test goes right?

quote:

Moneymaker,

Make sure you have seperate creatives for the different types of pins for all networks!

Also Join Affiliate Announce to get the word out about your program ... they are real!

Haiko

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Word of advice MoneyMaker. Make sure to test your sales reporting tags if your on several networks simultaniously. Most shopping carts choke on session cookies and negate ALL the final page confirmation tags when more than one network tag is on that page.

quote:
    Moneymaker,
    I hope my emails helped you out. When you are ready to test send me an email and let me know.

We're getting our shopping cart redone so it sends the customer to the thankyou page if the order is approved and another page if it is declined.

Right now they have to "click" to get to the thankyou page and I know affiliates won't like this at all so I want it done right before we launch.

I hope to have this done on Wednesday and start testing Wed night.

I'll email you when I start the tests to make sure the "pretaxamount" gets sent to your tracking (cookie etc) fields so it gets tracked correctly !

"Notwithstanding the above, the "Big Boy" is Linkshare."

They may be big but it doesn't look like they are well liked here.

I have some very big sites that want to sell our pins at us-pins.com but want to get paid and I need a way to track them.

One of these is the multi million dollar WTC donation sites. They want to sell the pins for the 9-11 events comming up !

Linkshare is not well liked and their merchants are seen as potentially shady. I would avoid them.

quote:

We have 490 top level domains registered

I doubt that. You cannot "register" a top level domain. And there are far less out there then 490.

(you know what a topleveldomain is, right ? .com .fr etc are toplevel domains.)

Sorry, couldn't resist [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I guess you mean normal domains like buyfreestuff.com etc

Yes technically the ISO 3166-1 definition of top level is .com, .cc or several hundred country TLDs.

How about 490 unique IP based .com URLs with dedicated IP addresses all with the keywords in the domain name and 7 million content rich pages for 5000 keywords!

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread