Just wanted to let everyone know who uses clickxchange what kind of people are behind enhancemydesktop.com. They dropped me recently because they were getting "too much traffic", they used to operate a 1 cent per click cpc program, I complained and asked if all they wanted was someone to link to them but not send traffic. They said no, ofcourse, and then told me they would accept my site again. I put the links back up and resumed sending them over 100 clicks a day, now they have changed their program to CPM at the rate of 1 cent per 1000. What a joke, they want to pay 1 or 2 cents a day for the same amount of traffic I have been sending them, the banners have not even changed, and now, ofcourse, their email I used to correspond with them, says undeliverable. I hope everyone who used them before drops them like a hot rock.
    End rant.

That's pretty much the only thing that I don't like about Clickxchange, the 1-5 cent CPM advertisers. Surely no one is stupid enough to apply for these programs (there's usually 2 new ones every week).

I guess that's the SOP of most ClickXchange merchants. You join them with 2 to 3 cents per click then after some time they drop it to 1 cent bec. of 'poor' traffic. Then after sometime they ran out of funds and we are left hanging...

Well that's been my bad experience with ClickXchange otherwise they do pay and if you can ocassionally get a good CTR banner paying 1 to 2 cents then maximize it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Actually, 5cent cpms have their place.

On pages like forums, where you will get thousands and thousands of page views, but very few click-thrus. Most of the time we don't even bother with cpa deals on the forum pages, they just don't convert, cpm deals even at 5cents aren't too bad when you show over 7 million forum page shows a month.

Chet

I can't figure their merchants out. I apply to merchants that would be a great fit to some of my pages and I hear nothing for weeks. Then all of a sudden I go to clickexchange and see I was rejected. What are these people thinking that have the affilate programs. Are they afraid that I am the compitition. Don't most people realize that similar sites usually work well together.

Right now I have been waiting 4 days for a merchant to approve or should I say turn me down. Oh well their loss more than mine. At least at ShareaSale alot of them are on auto approve now.

quote:
    Right now I have been waiting 4 days for a merchant to approve or should I say turn me down.

I've had merchants accept or turn me down after 2 months. I'm still amazed that I have 5 CPC merchants who have lasted for quite a few months and actually pay @ CXC.

[ 07-06-2002: Message edited by: Rik ]

Ya I use some 5 cent cpm's as defaults for fastclick, etc, better than most cpa banner ad's I'm afraid, atleast for me anyway. I can't figure some of them out either, and I can really funnel some screensaver, wallpaper and theme related traffic right now, anybody know of any good ones left, I'm trying some pay per sale ones right now that are looking really good.

Qball, DirectLeads has a couple of programs for free screen savers that are paying leads. I think something like 30 cents. Probably not what your looking for but thought I would mention it. I think they have to sign up for a newsletter or something.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread