View Poll Results: Have you seen the new TV show "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend"?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've seen it and like it

0 0%
  • I've seen it and agree it sucks

1 12.50%
  • Never seen it

7 87.50%
    Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" on CW
    The new TV show "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend", seen Monday nights at 8:00 pm on CW, is shot in and uses locations in the Los Angeles suburb of West Covina, where I have lived the last 33 years.

The local powers that be and some of the residents are super hot to see our city promoted this way, plus there is income from location and permit fees.

However, I've seen one of the three episodes that have aired, and unfortunately I think it was one of the absolute worst hours I've ever seen on TV, with poor acting and horrible writing.

Have any of you seen this show and do you care to weigh in?
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; November 4th, 2015 at 04:24 PM. Reason: correction
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    That's always fun when your home city is featured on a show, but I do understand that it's hard when the show is bad. Honestly, I've never seen it. Not their target audience I guess.....
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Sorry, never seen it. Usually watch Big Bang at that time. Now Supergirl is taking over that time slot, the pilot looked pretty good last Monday. Big Bang is moving to Thursday. I don't think Crazy has a chance with Supergirl in that spot now. IMO.

Gus

Agree, Gus, I'm a big Big Bang fan, but I usually have meetings on Monday nights anyway (hated it when they moved BB from Thursday and glad it's moving back).
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

I agree - it is not the best show out there. I, too grew up in Southern California, and West Covina is very familiar to me. (Side note: my favorite Vietnamese restaurant is there).

Funnily enough, the wardrobe department at Crazy Ex Girlfriend contacted our company to purchase jewelry for their cast. Who knows! We might be seeing our pieces aired sometime this season.

We will get to meet the cast, producers, etc. of the show this coming Tuesday when they come to the next City Council meeting to receive the KEY TO THE CITY (yea). Before the meeting they'll be showing the first episode of the series (In the council chambers - double yea) with FREE pretzels and lemondade (triple yea).

Apparently, most critics disagree with me and have praised the show. City officials I've talked to about it also all seem to like it. quadruple yea.
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; November 14th, 2015 at 10:15 AM. Reason: correction

CrazyExGirlfriend2.jpgSo last night, co-stars Vincent Rodriguez III and Donna Lynne Champlin, producer/creater Aline Brosh McKenna, and other network types were at the West Covina City Council chambers for a showing of the first episode of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, and here, during the council meeting, they were presented with the key to the city by Mayor Fred Sykes. The two actors who appeared (star Rachel Bloom was unable to be there) were very friendly and took pictures with everyone who asked. Despite my earlier criticism, the show has been critically acclaimed, despite its low ratings.
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; November 19th, 2015 at 02:34 AM. Reason: typo

Please tell me Tv Channel where i can watch this interesting Tv Show.

It's on the CW network. Don't think you can get that in India - maybe on satellite?

I enjoyed the first episode enough to check out a few of Rachel Bloom's videos. She's pretty funny.

Her videos are something else again. Entertaining at a lot of different levels.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread