I am fairly new to ABW and affiliate marketing in general. I wanted to know why some networks have their own boards here and not others.

Are the one's with boards:
    1) the most significant
    2) provide a moderator/discussant
    3) personal preference of ABW site admin
    4) pay a fee
    5) combination or something else

Based on discussions here it seems ClickBank and Websponsors also have significant participation. I know from other boards ClixExchange and ClixGalore are fairly popular. How come these last two get no mention here?

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    My understanding is that Haiko (who is in charge of these boards) invites the most important networks (and the best merchant programs) to have their own board.

The ones you see here are undoubtedly the most important, but look for private affiliate programs too, as these can bring in much more money than the big networks (so I have been told).

figment88,

Feel free to invite, or email me contact info ClickBank and Websponsors.

ClickXchange .... and Clixgalore .... hmmmmm I had affiliate programs there and can tell you that I am NOT impressed with them, but once again feel free to invite them.

The only Ad network that will NEVER be on ABW is Leadhound.

Haiko

The other thing to consider is they have to be a pretty darn good affiliate network to want to be on here with their own section or else they will get shredded by all of us affiliates.

Even though you read some grumblings here about the affiliate companies that do have a their own section here, I have found them to be of a much better class than others.

Thanks for the responses. I didn't mean to sound accusatory, I just wanted to get the lay of the land. Like I said the affiliate marketing is a whole new world to me (are those metaphors mixed?).

As someone new to affiliate marketing, why would you expect me to have contacts at different networks? I would think that ABW admins would be much better than some random newbie at getting network representatives to participate in these forums.

Affiliate Network Rep
    All,

We'd think it would be great to have our network on here. We have been active at the forums over at geekvillage.com and recently found this forum over here. We welcome all the feedback we can get.

Our recent change has been to prevent advertisers from lowering payout rates to affiliates. We've had enough of this form of abuse.

Craig Tammel
    clickXchange.com

Craig,

Give me five minutes and it will be up!

Real and open communications between affiliates / merchants and ad networks is what ABW is all about!

Welcome!

Haiko

Affiliate Network Rep
    Haiko,

Sounds great!

Craig

Craig,
    http://www.abestweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/...ubb=forum;f=62

You'll be notified of all posts via email.

Continued Success,

Haiko

Is there a fee to have a forum here? We have our own affilaite forum on our servers but of course we'd love to expose our program to more affiliates if the price was right [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

quote:
    Originally posted by J_W:
    Is there a fee to have a forum here? We have our own affilaite forum on our servers but of course we'd love to expose our program to more affiliates if the price was right [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I believe the price is "honesty"

By having a third party such as ABW host your affiliate forum, you can no longer control (essentially) what affiliates tell each other about your program. This means that the bad will come out as well as the good...

If you're not afraid of the bad coming out (because you know that you have a successful and reliable affiliate program, with happy affiliates) then it's definitely a reassuring sign for potential affiliates that you are willing to be tried in the court of public opinion.

Yeah JW. Go take a look at the Famous Footwear thread!

Not that you'll be planning on anything so braindead. I know your program. It was highly recommended here and I don't recall anyone having a bad word to say about it.

I just made my first sale for you too.

I

[ 08-06-2002: Message edited by: Icicle ]

>>I just made my first sale for you too.

Congratulations Icicle. Our forum on our servers has been 98% positive and I believe that many members here would like to be exposed to our program. Working on it now...

J_W:

I think having a forum for your program would be a great idea. You have the best program of its type online.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread