Has anyone noticed NO and/or fewer leads for the past few days with valueclick? I am (or was i removed their code) sending them hundreds of hits today and yesterday BUT ZERO leads. Thats just a bit hard to believe!!

Is anyone else noticing this?

I have been trying VallueClicks programs off and on every now and then. I use the same program that I have at Direct Leads which probably averages 25 leads a day. When I try the program at VallueClick I usually get a bunch of leads quik and then it just stops dead for me. The other day I had 12 quik leads with VallueClick by early afternoon. Then it just stopped. I always do great at night with the program at Direct Leads but didn't get any leads at all at night at VallueClick. I have been trying his off and on for about a month now.

I finally emailed them to see what was up and also let them know that the way we have to add code to all the links is nuts. I got a reply yesterday saying they would look into it and asked if I was willing to do some tests for them. Hopefully they will get things in order and also make life a little easier when it comes to adding links. Until then I've been staying away from them for the most part. :rolleyes:

I did get an email today from VallueClick saying they were having some kind of reporting problems today. They said traacking isn't effected and leads will slowly be added in.

Gameboy,

Between you and me, VLCK is the best network, besides CJ (and that is only because of the Direct Dep), and you should stick with them.

They pay.

Trust me. They pay.

Well, so far, they pay....

lol

Goin to Destin,Fl Sunday. Any guesses what I might get at the Seafood Store?

Heh Heh....

Hi all,

This is my first post here and first of all I just want to say that this is a great board! I've been lurking for a few days now and have learned alot and would like to thank all of you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img])
    Now about ValueClick - I noticed the same thing - no leads or very few for last few days. I usually do very well with them so it's good to hear the problem is temporary and is being corrected.
    FREEBIE JEEBIES

[ 07-12-2002: Message edited by: FREEBIEJEEBIES ]

FREEBIEJEEBIES,

Hi and Welcome to ABW!

Haiko
    PS. Test your sig to make it clickable [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Shrimpy, I agree with you on that.

quote:
    Between you and me, VLCK is the best network, besides CJ

They must have more in common than we realize though!

As far as I can tell reporting has stalled again since at least 24 hours ago.

Anyone else notice this?

Shrimp, I'm making money or at least showing I am with them. Now all I need are the checks to prove it! I do know that they are tracking about 1/3 less of leads that i was getting at Direct Leads. Buttt! It has gone up, I was only getting about half the leads I was with DL about a week ago with the same merchant. Things are starting to shape up with VC for me it looks like.

Edited because I need a nap and am posting wrong. :confused:

[ 07-22-2002: Message edited by: GameBoy ]

[ 07-22-2002: Message edited by: GameBoy ]

Again im sending them tons of hits and no leads! whats up with that? anyone else?

Even though some of the programs state they are updated in real time or daily, they aren't. I notice big jumps all at once on certain days (no particular pattern). The only one I've really had a problem with is the Lyson promotion though, conversion ratio is just not consistent compared to other similiar offers.

ABW Ambassador
    I tried Valueclick but never saw the appeal in it. Do you have any hints on how to use Valueclick? A few weeks ago, Valueclick started delivering a popup with its ad. I couldn't figure out how to make the popups stop; so I've completely banished the thing from my sites. First question: Is there any way to turn the popup code off?

They have some really good ads, but they also seem to get some real losers. There is one that has a horrid little flashy banner that causes most users to immediately exit the site they are in. Others (like the scrabble ad) are just feeds for spam machines.

So far Valueclick has left a bad taste in my mouth, but the interface is confusing. Reading your posts makes me wonder if I am missing the obvious.

VSMom, Yup!!! They are having some problems. I emailed them back last week and also called and left a msg. They replyed that they were having problems I think with the uploading of leads. I just got back from a weekend get away and see that leads weren't reported on Saturday or Sunday. They did catch up a couple of days back. Today I'm only showing a couple of leads. I'll probably try calling them again tomorrow to make sure they plan on catching things up.

yintercept, I have to agree about not being thrilled about the setup they have. I emailed them back a few weeks ago and asked when are they going to make the site user friendly. They said they plan on making changes and I have seen a few. It took me awhile just to figure out what they were talking about that you had to add different code for each link and so on. I finally gave up until last week when i had no choice because they were the only ones who had a merchant that I do good with. Anyways it did seem a little better this last time round. Now if they can get their reporting problem fixed I might try a couple more. As for the popup, i haven't come across that yet so I wouldn't know.

ABW Ambassador
    It may just be me, but did the standard VC banner start spawning popups about a week ago? I actually lost a client because I had a Valueclick banner spawned a popup, and the client refuses to deal with anyone peddling scum.

This test page shows the VC banner pulled directly from the VC program. Occasionally it spawns a popup. test vc

I am actually a little irate that a company would start spawning popups from a banner ad like this. Even worse, the popup was for this scrabble program. I entered a test email address and received over 100 spams on the address!

So far, I haven't found a way to exclude scrabble, or kill the popups. So I have to remove it from my site.

yintercept,
    They have sent out this email a couple different times about the pops and how everyone was interested in making more money so they auto enrolled everyone, and you have to actually send them an email to opt out. :eek:

Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2002 2:35 PM
    Subject: Important Revenue Opportunity - hs85045

Dear *********,

It has been some time since we have last communicated with you about
    our product offerings so we are pleased to announce a new, easy way
    for you to increase the size of your ValueClick paychecks.

QUICK POPS RELEASING 8/6/02
    Recognizing that managing multiple sets of code for banners and
    Pop-up banners can be quite difficult, we have created a technology
    that will allow you to generate Pop-ups and revenue from your
    standard ValueClick banner code. We have named this program Quick
    Pops! The benefits and details of Quick Pops include:

* No Implementation time: Quick Pops will generate a great
    supplemental income stream for you with no further effort from you
    to implement new code sets.

* Controlled Delivery: All of our campaigns have frequency caps set
    so you will not need to worry about inundating your users with
    Pop-ups.

* Payment Details: Payment for these campaigns will be on a revenue
    share basis. The base revenue share will be 45% of gross revenue
    with no hold backs or additional fees. We estimate that you will be
    earning between $1.00 and $2.00 CPM. Based on your site's target
    ability, conversion/click through performance, and content category,
    you may be given the opportunity to earn higher CPM rates.

* Rates and Changes: This pricing model is not applicable to current
    or future special offers. You will be contacted individually for
    pricing on certain campaigns. These rates are subject to revision
    and changes at any time. We will notify you before we make such
    changes.

* Auto-Enrollment: Since we believe that all of our publisher
    partners will be interested in the opportunity of earning more
    money, we have gone ahead and auto-enrolled you in the Quick Pops
    campaigns. If you are interested in being eligible for these
    campaigns, you do not need to do anything - you are already enrolled.
    Instead, if for you do not want to have Quick Pops campaigns on your
    site, you can opt out by sending an email to help@valueclick.com with
    'Quick Pops opt out *********' in the subject line.

We will begin serving Quick Pops from your regular rich media
    JavaScript banner code requests beginning 12pm (noon) PST,
    August 6, 2002.

Stay tuned for more regular communication about new campaigns and
    product updates designed to bring you more revenue! We're always
    interested in your feedback -- if you have any questions or comments,
    please don't hesitate to contact us at help@valueclick.com.

Sincerely,

Dave Yovanno Steven T.A. Carter
    Executive Vice President Vice President,
    Sales and Marketing Network Operations
    ValueClick, Inc. ValueClick, Inc.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    ValueClick/BeFree set a new low in affiliate banner advertising with their auto enroll policy. This popup add-in for allowing VC to send out millions of opt-out e-mail spamms for their scrabble Ad partner shows they'd stoop to anything for a quick buck. Now you need to read the small print to opt-out of being a spammer from your Ad network provider. What next a hidden Gator install script?

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread