ABW Ambassador
    The Green Slider comes up every time, whether its a direct link or what. I did it 6 times, 6 completely different links, products etc. The green box comes up every time.

------------------------------------------------------------Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open. Thomas Dewar

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Thank God 3 years ago I had it out with Bezos and crew over his greedy ways and affiliate abuses. I refused to have anything to do with the ups and downs of Amazon as they seek anyway to dilute affiliate income expenses. When the day comes and Amazon goes belly up or bankrupt they will leave behind a huge group of mad unpaid affiliates. Next they'll accept a slotting fee from Gator,eBates,Kazaa or Morpheus to allow their referral shoppers to install these link & commission Hijacker programs. Looksmart also feeds the parasites and act as a affiliate with Amazon monitized links.

WebMaster Mike

[This message was edited by EcomCity.com on September 21, 2002 at 11:48 AM.]

15 years and counting
    If we have to fight scumware, it's because some merchants like amazon are alowing them to stay in business by stealing from us. May be fighthing scumware is not the solution, others will come back because these merchants are giving them the legitimacy they need. We have to dry up the spring, we have to go where the money come from, the networks, the merchants, the customers.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

ABW Ambassador
    Well at least Amazon is pretty easy to replace.

KB Kids (yes they are on the list, but they do have a red pop up box)

Kitchen (tons)
    Books (tons)
    Cellphones (tons of other merchants.

I emailed them a little note. don't expect a reply back, but at least I tried.

anyone with a phone number? If you do PM please.

------------------------------------------------------------Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open. Thomas Dewar

I still convert 1 in 25 clicks - Not a merchant I will replace because the other merchants who sell books, music and video's just can't compete for my sites. I've tested them all - Amazon brings me a decent income every month - the rest nothing.

Heidi
    Fit2a-t: The Center of the T-shirt Universe!

But if you're looking at (say) toy merchants, with a lineup of Amazon/Toys'R'Us vs KB Toys, I'd go for Amazon because at least they don't try to fleece you once you *have* managed to make a sale.

Меня зовут Динаму

ABW Ambassador
    Amazon let go of Morpheus. No more pop ups at all. Someone woke them up. This is a big one for Amazon, perhaps we should inform them about the others.

"Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open." Thomas Dewar

ABW Ambassador
    During their recent terms update with the higher comission rates, there is a clause where do they do not allow duper affilates who hijack links.

I posted jamies from coldcreeks post in their forums and forwarded it to their support.

I hope amazon really keeps them out. That would be huge. If they really are gone,everyone should send amazon a thank you (yes i know there is more work to do, but you need some carrot with that stick.)

Chet

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    They obviously lurked here and presented our case to their own lawyers and found they have no leg to stand on to justify climbing in bed with parasites. They are already in a bad PR game with the test of eBates with a BHO trapdoor option, powered with a parasite adwarez script.

WebMaster Mike

Amazon was my one merchant on that list. I sent a nice email. Or as nice as it gets.

I think theres something to be said for keeping your merchant list small then promoting the hell out of them. And prodding them with a big stick when they screw up.

I

ABW Ambassador
    Yup.. on the amazon associates board:
    quote:

Hi,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have closed Morpheus's Associate Account.

If you know of any other affiliate who is overriding other Associate IDs, please write to assocmerch@amazon.com.

Cheers,

Tim from Amazon.com

ABW Ambassador
    BluesX-
    quote:
    Good morning Associates,

I am sorry for any confusion regarding referral fees for the Office Depot store at Amazon.com. We are paying out 2.5% on sales for items purchased through "OD" links.

We currently pay 2.5% on 3rd party sales including Marketplace items, Target, Marshall Fields, and Office Depot. We are currently running a promotion with Marshall Field's and Target where all items purchased through Sept. 30, 2002 earn 8% in referral fees.

Please note, Target and Circuit City products shipped by Amazon.com qualify for a 2.5% referral fee. Items ordered directly from Target.com or ordered from Amazon.com, but picked up directly at Circuit City do not qualify for this fee.

ToysRUs, BabiesRUs, and Imaginarium items all qualify for 5%.

We have been working very hard here to make our 3rd party sales and current qualifying sales at Amazon.com more lucrative & provide a referral fee structure that is easier to understand. This work in progress, so I can’t give a great deal of detail right now. Please check Associates Central and the Announcement Board over the next few weeks to see what we are working on. We’ll get the information out as quickly as we can.

Have a terrific day.

The Associates Program

quote:
    Hello again.

Thank you for taking the time to write back.

We do not pay out on Borders.com or Drugstore.com.

With warmest regards,

The Associates Program

Not sure if that is what you were looking for or not.

Alllllll Right!!!!!

Cha-Ching!

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread