Anyone try Quin Street network? Any good affiliates? Conversion rates any good? Do they pay you what you are owed? Appreciate any info you can give. Thanks.

I have had more success with QuinStreet than any of the other networks. Good programs (especially in education), dedicated account mgmt., respectable payouts and decent reporting. My conversion rate with QuinStreet is in the 6-8% range. I also like working with Affiliate Fuel, but the programs they offer are somewhat limited (most of my sites are education related, but I just launched a financial services site).

I am new to this site and am also curious about people's experiences with the different networks. My experience with CJ and LinkShare thus far have not been good - low conversions, small payouts and no dedicated account management.

Anyone working with Plattform Advertising?

I get a few sales with Quinstreet, they convert ok with the small amount of traffic I send, never had any problems with them

ABW Ambassador
    they pay on time, convert okay if you have the right match (just like anyone) and seem to be okay in all respects. They are very heavy into education and even have "hidden" programs that are not on their website. They even call me to ask how it's going, anything they can do, etc.

Nice, friendly people. I just have a hard to matching my traffic with their offerings.

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

ABW Ambassador
    I see them as a brokers of SEO traffic.

They recruit the top traffic generators in a given industry and get them to compete with eachother.

Niche killers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I just wish I'd thought of it FIRST.

ABW Ambassador
    Not just Quinstreet; Performics do this too.

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Adam Ward:
    I see them as a brokers of SEO traffic.

They recruit the top traffic generators in a given industry and get them to compete with eachother.

Niche killers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

I just wish I'd thought of it FIRST.

I don't see it at a problem at all. In fact, it will only bring up the commissions to fair market rates.

Like you said, wish I thought of it first. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

ABW Ambassador
    It isn't a problem, really until the search engines decide to make it one. They have hired some top notch SEOs and a few dodgy spammers to promote their programs. This is all well and good, but the domination of their partners' sites in the SERPs is a little worrying. Particularly as I make an absolute killing out of them.

I suspect that some of what Google has done this month is to make this kind of domination more difficult. It isn't really in their visitors interest to have the first two pages of results all promoting one merchant (or in this case, one set of colleges).

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    It'll only be more difficult until the new algo is figured out...

As for QuinStreet, I can never find anything there that I think I could promote well. I tried the Red Cross Store (Disaster Preparedness Kits [like for hurricanes and such] and other products, not the charity division) and sold 1 thing in 6 months. The rest looked even more unlikely!

Some people may be able to promote the kind of stuff Quin seems to specialize in but I do better with things that are a bit less nichey than that...

I didn't give Quin more effort because I can put up a CJ merchant and have their stuff flying off the virtual shelves the day Google picks it up, while to get the 1 stinking sale out of the Red Cross took much tweaking of the spin and changing the keywords around.

Definitely seems to be a place where it either works GREAT for you or not at all.

There is no knowledge that is not power.~~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have a series of education-related sites, so QuinStreet does work well for me. I agree with previous comments re: difficulty promoting their other merchants. They could do very well in another vertical if they put as much effort into it as they do education.

I have read a number of posts regarding successes with CJ. I have tried promoting a few education-related programs and some financial ones, with very limited success. I really want to be successful with some of the larger netwroks (CJ, LinkShare, BeFree, etc.) but cannot seem to choose the right programs (I assume this is my problem). Can anyone help enlighten me as to which programs/categories perform well and which ones do not. I review their network earnings estimates and can't figure it out. If my paltry earnings are representative of a "$$$", something's wrong.

Sorry for the long post, but if anyone has any thoughts on this I would be really interested. Thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    Cherokee,

working with Quinstreet and promoting other networks is like the difference between driving a porsche and riding a scooter, I'm afraid.

You'll have to find some other vertical market for yourself, then match that with the best merchants from across the networks and the independents.

I don't have any bright ideas at the moment, though.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I place some of their education merchants with lot's of per-sell text for SE spider food on multiple pages in my Malls. One sale in 12 months. I must draw visitors who are HS drop outs with no ambition or all have college degrees.

WebMaster Mike

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread