We're in the process of creating banners for our site. Once finished we'll be signing with an affiliate network (to be determined).

My question: What file sizes and ad dimensions should we have available to our affiliates?

IAB guidelines show these standard, but which one's do you guys typically want to see AND at what file size.

468 x 60 IMU - (Full Banner)
    234 x 60 IMU - (Half Banner)
    88 x 31 IMU - (Micro Bar)
    120 x 90 IMU - (Button 1)
    120 x 60 IMU - (Button 2)
    120 x 240 IMU - (Vertical Banner)
    125 x 125 IMU - (Square Button)

Frankodelic
    UrbanScooters.com

ABW Ambassador
    ALL of those sizes are standard, and many of us will indeed use any or all of those sizes. Often *in conjunction with* TEXT links too.

AS SEEN ON SE!!!

I agree with Crankin. But, make sure the banners are fast loading or they will end up on the bottom of the pages or not used at all.

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Frankodelic,

Hi and Welcome to ABW!

First of all I'd use all the networks you can afford to join including Shareasale and Finclicks.

For your products I'd like to see 120X60s, 120X240, 120X600, 600X90 468X60 and many many many individual product links.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Hi Frankodelic,

I'm in dire need of a good scooter merchant. I just checked out the site. I was wondering if more products will be added down the road???

Affiliate Programs That Kick Major Butt

Hi Frankodelic

If you want an advertising channel, yeah, give us as many different shapes of graphics as you can churn out. And of course make sure you have text links that track.

If you want a sales channel, give us great quality product links - graphics, descriptions and specs. If I can get someone onto my site who has even a remote chance of buying a scooter, why take the chance on them clicking a banner or a button. I'd rather get them interested in the product then pass them through to you as pre-qualified traffic.

...and choose a network that will let us link into internal pages, not just send people to your front page.

My2c

Stewart Hutton | Are you Crazy?

Thanks for all the input... I've got a few more questions if you've got a few more answers left in ya.

We currently in the process of creating banners and buttons and could use an idea of file size limits. Any input on the max file size for each of the different ad dimensions would be great help.

DaPackster... your answer... sure thing boss. We plan on expanding our inventory. Keep an eye on the site, or look for us on Shareasale in about a month. Shareasale looks like a great affiliate network... hell, we'll probably go with Fineclicks too since the price is right. Any other suggestions here are welcome.

Also... thanks for alerting me to needing to have text links, deep linking and product descriptions available. We'll do it.

Again... more info on banner / button ad dimensions and file size limit would help.

Thanks,

Frankodelic
    UrbanScooters.com

>> If you want a sales channel, give us great quality product links

Very important. I'm planning a site that has scooters from a variety of merchants; would love to include you but it will only do well for you if there is the ability to link to product.

{

"Laziness, Impatience, Hubris. Pick any three" ~ YAPC 19100

ABW Ambassador
    Forget the advertising channel. I don't advertise, I sell. Give us products with decent descriptions and pricing and you can make money through an affiliate channel.

Mike

Don't Worry Mama, It Won't Get Freaky!

Da Packster & Eaglefire... thanks for your interest. If you've got traffic... we've got scooters... ha. I'll certainly add product links if they enhance conversion rates.

What sites would you be referring traffic to UrbanScooters.com from?

Are you both signed with Shareasale? I haven't joined a network yet, but feedback is pointing me there. We're working on creative right now (banners/buttons) and we should be ready to roll with a network in about a month.

What ad dimensions and accompanying file sizes are you looking for with banners and buttons... or are you strictly looking for product links.

Also... if you could refer me to an affiliate / merchant relationship that offers a great example of a product link that would be great.

Thanks,

Frank Minero
    UrbanScooters.com

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Haiko:
    120x600

I echo the request for skyscrapers. They preserve the valuable width of a site and can be very effective. Put a graphic/headline at the top, your pitch in the middle and the call to action on the bottom.

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by UrbanScooters.com:
    What ad dimensions and accompanying file sizes are you looking for with banners and buttons... or are you strictly looking for product links.

Also... if you could refer me to an affiliate / merchant relationship that offers a great example of a product link that would be great.

Thanks,

Frank Minero
    http://urbanscooters.com

I like 10K or smaller on banners. Use the Optimize option in PSP 7 and/or gifwizard (now some other lame name).

The one thing I like about Perfomics is that they let us link to virtually any page in a site. That way you don't need product links, we can just serf the site, find what we want to make the link on the fly. But I really dislike the search function at performics. it's totally useless, so I don't use them much unless I happen to know exactly who I want already.

Do you have any hybrid scooters on your site? I might have a little traffic for you.

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    quote:
    The one thing I like about Perfomics is that they let us link to virtually any page in a site. That way you don't need product links, we can just serf the site, find what we want to make the link on the fly.

just browsing and noted this....frank, if or when you do start at shareasale, which it sounds like you will (and we look forward to having you) , your affiliates will be able to do this no problem... any link of yours can be coded by the affiliate quite easily to go to any of your pages, and you can also create hard coded product links to specific pages, etc... on top of the usual banner and text links...

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread