Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Anyone having any luck with the plus size merchants this month. I've sent almost 500 click throughs to the ones at CJ's with not a single lead. I was just wondering how the rest of you are doing. Any other outside programs worth mentioning again.

ABW Ambassador
    This is the first month I've seen any real activity in plus-size. I don't spend any money promoting plus-size merchants, but I somehow (quite by accident) wangled a couple of good search engine listings. 700 clicks, 9 sales. Four merchants in CJ and one in Performics (Lane Bryant online catalogue).

Lane Bryant converts the best for my site, but the people who visit my site and buy plus-size clothes don't seem to like to spend a whole lot of money in any one place (read: looooooow commish).

I sure wouldn't spend money promoting them... but then again, I feel that way about all items of apparel (except costumes).

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Pbbbhhtttt.... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

A few sales. Lousy CR, cheap commish, [grumble mumble], etc.

Not only that, the one that seems to get the sales is an Extension maniac (seems to pay, though).

If you wouldn't feel weird selling them, the bras do okay--for an apparal item. But they're WAY too cheap. I guess it's not an item people stock up on--a sale's good for about a $1.98. I agree that the stuff isn't worth paying for clicks on...definitely a category best left to the fortunes of Google!

It's a strange result, considering that there's very little competition compared to standard-sized apparal!

As for outside programs, I haven't tried any. The clothing category isn't exciting/lucrative enough to me to bother hounding out any more merchants for it. But Lane Bryant is a good store from a customer's perspective.

I will note, though, that if a person orders from the paper catalog, she can get Free Express Shipping. Not so on the web site (the site charges extra)! Anybody who knows about that difference is likely to just use the paper catalog. And--they send a paper catalog with EVERY order, with the Free Express deal smack on the cover in Bold, so that fact is going to be known as soon as the stuff arrives!

In other words, don't expect any repeat orders on that one... you will have to get truly new customers (or ignoramuses), or people who really don't care about getting the stuff express.

There is a minimum order requirement to get free express, but I think it's only $25. I'm not totally certain on the min., though...

Lane Bryant's a 5% commish at Performics if you're interested. For the men, the King Size Co. (Also part of Brylane Corp.) is also over there. It's 5%, too, but their min for free shipping (through the paper catalog) is higher.

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: Leader ]

The straight plus-size was indeed disappointing.

Plus size maternity did okay, but all of what leader said applies. Except that I just rechecked my stats and have had 18 sales from the plus size maternity links. Grand total of $70.80 commissions from that link so far this month. 70% CTR (great for me!), .023 CR. Not great, but I have worse. And they rarely reverse (I guess if you need a maternity bra, you need a maternity bra).

One sale with Size Appeal. I use the product links to get my customers past that Flash intro and directly into the (argh frames!) store. Will be removing any remaining ppc ads (though I think I only had a few to begin with).

Maybe sales are down because all the plus size shoppers are pregnant :cool: .

Anyway, I don't put money on costumes anymore either. And the plus size maternity page is all free traffic.

Hope that helps, cuz I'm not putting any more energy into apparel until I'm already making my $10k/month goal selling other stuff.

Cedric, Leader and WebMistress, Thanks for the feedback. I'll check out Lane Bryant. Not a great Comish but something is better than nothing in some cases. I have been looking for a mens plus size.

Cedric, 9 sales is pretty good for January. I think I didn't do much more than that for Christmas.

Leader, lol about feeling weird about selling bras. Hell no! A bucks a buck. I actually did have a sale for a bra this month. As for the extensions, I think all of them extended everything last month on me along with the ususal high percentage of reversals.

Webby, thats not bad sales on plus sizes for January. I lost my main listing for plus sizes in Google this month but got a listing in another engine. I have a couple listings ppc but its a minimum. A couple clicks a day.

ABW Ambassador
    Check out http://junonia.com and http://bigandtallguys.com/ - independent merchants, affiliate programs not as polished as some, but for me they have both passed The Gold Standard - checks in the mail.

Elisabeth Archambault

Elisabeth, I remember you mentioned Junonia's before. I looked a couple of times and couldn't find their affiliate program any where on the site. Do you have any info about how I can join them? Thanks

So far 7 sales = $37.31 (*SIGH). Not doing as well as last month while I won a "jackpot" - somebody spent almost 400 bucks on plus size clothes right before Christmas, and this one got locked. Hallelujah! But this kind of luck doesn't come to me very often. I used to think that plus size clothes can sell because it’s hard to find, but it’s not necessarily true. Although I don't spend a lot on advertising, I still feel that the sales don't seem to justify the ad $ spent on plus size.

For bras? I do it in a subtle way in conjunction with clothing stuff, and never feature any bra products, but I lost my enthusiasm when the commission rate went from 10% to 5%…

AT

quote:
    Webby, thats not bad sales on plus sizes for January.

WEBBY??? Ahem. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I Love plus size ladies, 3 to 5 sales a day and they spend big time, love them so much I've picked up another couple of domains just for them.
    I hope alight joins cj soon!

I sent 1000s of hits to alwaysforme for nothing.. now trying size appeal. I get a few t-shirt sales thru Zaftique

I pulled almost all of the alwaysforme links, after thousands of hits wasted and not one sale. Could be the min 2 week wait for product putting people off.

About to give Zaftique a bit more promotion seeing they've converted a few sales.

WebMistress,

quote:
    WEBBY??? Ahem

Ummm, Miss Webby?? Lol, I'm So sorry, I think I was on my way out the door in a hurry. Won't happen again.

mousejockey.. just checked my Zaftique stats.. 6000 hits this month, epc 17c.. beware!

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Spiderman ]

I agree Spiderman. I haven't done much with Zaftique. I think I removed them the other day. The little bit I do when I do get slaes is usually from Real Size-Delta Burke.

Alights up on cj which is the good news, the bad news is a one day cookie, even I can't make up my mind which dress to buy in one day.
    Also one of the reasons alwaysforme may not be doing so well is they have a link,
    "please contact for availablity" under their pics...ugh! and I just put up bridal stuff!

MouseJockey, Thanks! Hmmm! One day cookie

I was looking at a site the other day but I can't remember which one it was. It had something similar but not as bad ascontact about availability. I think it was something like click here for availability and they were out of just about everything that looked decent. :eek:

Plus size nightmares.

I got an email from Linzy at Size Appeal essentially commenting positively on my sales (oooh-ahhhh, 4 for December resulting in $27.90 commissions and so far this month two sales resulting in $43.95 commish) and asking me to call about what else we can do together to increase sales.

I wrote back politely saying that an overseas call right now is not on my priority list and anyway I am not planning a lot of new expansion in the apparel mall due to the large amount of reversals every month.And what did she have in mind?

No answer.

However, four days later in the general email for affiliates is a letter to us all stating that commissions are going down to 10% as of February 1.

Why does this begin to smell like fish?

Checking out junonia now.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Humph, she didn't comment on my 6 sales from December or the ones I made this month...

Maybe it's because I told her what I thought of the idea of running a "free dress" offer on my site in no uncertain terms for that promotion they ran around Christmastime ( [img]tongue.gif[/img] !) Basically that my viewers were ready to buy and nothing stops the process like the word FREE, especially when the word is referring to something they were ready to PAY for! So she could forget it...I was especially ticked because her mailing made it sound like *I* would get a free dress for responding quick and not only was the dress not going to be for ME, she expected me to whack my own sales by giving it away to people who would have BOUGHT one! :mad: [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] !!!

No surprise that she didn't write back...you said you weren't going to call. She didn't talk to me either, when I (diplomatically) told her to lump it...

If I ever get around to changing my plus-size clothes page I hope I remember Junonia!

quote:
    Why does this begin to smell like fish?

Any chance of changing your wording there? I could get a little bit upset if you say I smell bad [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Leader,

quote:
    If I ever get around to changing my plus-size clothes page I hope I remember Junonia

I can't find their affiliate program. Does anyone have any info on how to join it? :confused:

ABW Ambassador
    Packy, sorry I didn't see your question before. Write to the affiliate manager Brandi Palechek at BrandiPalechek@junonia.com (and tell her I sent you - it would make me look good!) Their program is in-house for now but I think they're intending to move to a "trusted third party" in the not too distant future.

Elisabeth Archambault

Elisabeth, Thanks! I will email her and let her know that your giving their site the . Thanks again!

Ummph! 9 sales this month for sizeappeal, all extended of course, and the only email I get is commiss going down

I wish alight.com would at least give us a couple of weeks cookie, they've got some really nice clothes in plus sizes.

Oh, well, it's not as though it's difficult to find plus size merchants.

My plus size visitors have just decided that they don't need to wear any new clothes!! Perhaps it's not fair for me to say so, it seems like all my visitors decided that they don't need anything from me on the 2nd and 4th weeks of this month. The merchants I thought they would perform well, they don't. Those I thought they would not perform, they do better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast