ShareASale Outage?
    Did ShareASale have some sort of outage on 11/28? I'm showing zero sales for that day and, in looking through my records, that hasn't happened this year. So strange to have a zero sales day the day after Black Friday and the first time this year.

It could have been something like inaccurate datafeeds due to a datafeed update delay????

I should point out that it is 9 AM EST on 11/29 and I've already had a ShareASale sale, so to me, 11/28 seems suspect...
    Last edited by isellstuff; November 29th, 2015 at 09:56 AM.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

I show a good amount of sales, spread throughout the day, for 11/28. I'm definitely not seeing any problems.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    I show a good amount of sales, spread throughout the day, for 11/28. I'm definitely not seeing any problems.
    Yeah, its a weird one. I just looked. I've gone 2.5 years without having a 0 sales day on ShareASale. Given the high volume of sales I was experiencing on the other networks, I'm not sure what to make of it. I'm making sales again, so it was just that one day....
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

How was your click traffic that day, compared to other days?

What is your typical number of orders per day? If you have 5-10 (or fewer) orders a day, I could understand a 0 day once in a while. If you normally have 10-20 (or more) a day, it certainly would be much more suspect.

Do you normally have sales from a wide variety of merchants, or largely from just a few? If just a few, it could be a merchant problem with one of your larger merchants.

If you toss a coin 10 times, sometimes (1 in 1024 times) it will come up tails all 10 times. It's not quite the same thing, but a similar concept.

There are just so many explanations for 0 sales and we have so little visibility into things, that it's often hard to track down:
    1) It could be a problem with our web site.
    2) It could be a problem with our traffic source.
    3) It could be a problem with a data feed.
    4) It could be a problem with the merchant site.
    5) It could be a problem with the network.
    6) It could be just statistical deviation.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread