Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Paul's TV Kaput - Replacement Ideas?
    After being a major player in electronics and video in Southern California and in other parts of the country and online for over 50 years, following the death a few months ago of Paul, the "King of Big Screen TVs", Paul's TV has now closed. Notice that their affiliate program has terminated was sent out today.

A better run affiliate program might have helped save the company - it was amazing to me how they could NOT have a datafeed or otherwise let their affiliates promote individual products. My efforts to inquire about this were totally ignored.

Any ideas about other merchants for promoting top-of-the-line tvs at discount prices? And NOT Best Buy, Target or Wal-mart.

Let me mention that the Panasonic program, despite their network, is fine for their brand.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Not my fight, not my program. But I disagree with your assessment that management had anything to do with a crappy datafeed. I must be a crappy manager because I can't get some of my oldest clients to fix their datafeeds. No matter what I say or do, the datafeed is the lowest priority for some merchants. But the programs are still successful because affiliates find other ways.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    I guess Best Buy wouldn't be a popular suggestion around here with their annual Holiday Zero Commissions promotion.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hectic GHC View Post
    Not my fight, not my program. But I disagree with your assessment that management had anything to do with a crappy datafeed. I must be a crappy manager because I can't get some of my oldest clients to fix their datafeeds. No matter what I say or do, the datafeed is the lowest priority for some merchants. But the programs are still successful because affiliates find other ways.
    Not criticizing OPMs, I know, in part from some of our discussions, that the merchant ultimately calls the shots and often does not take the advice of the people they hire. But here, it wasn't a crappy data feed, it was no datafeed, and while they did have an OPM at one time, the last year or more their program was run in house by unknown person or persons whose first and only contact with affiliates was to say the program had closed.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

My efforts to inquire about this were totally ignored.
    That, in itself, speaks of poor management - whether it is in-house or outsourced.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread