2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I finally convenced Sal Herman the Pres. of Holdup Suspender Company to re-open his patented suspenders to a select group of affiliates. For 2 years at CJ (prior to EPC) his www.suspenders.com site averaged 1 sale per every 15 clicks from affiliate links. He closed the program because he couldn't recruit quality affiliates when buried amongst all the 1800 merchants. He got 1 sale per 25 clicks from SE traffic without the overhead.

I just completed, and tested last week, a very unique way to track sales with a in-house program. All the coding for placing the link cookie and tracking sales starts right from the secure shopping cart program. This completely thwarts all the parasite hijackers and even defeats the AdBlockers from interferring with the affiliate banner and text links. All orders are immediately confirmed to the affiliate via secure e-mail right from the checkout confirmation page.

Sal doesn't want a mass of non-producing affiliates but feels after reading the posts here to allow all ABW members. He will use the service to also invite content and merchant sites geared to suspender wearers like seniors sites and such... No e-mail campaign spamming will be tolerated, but opt-in lists work just fine with the linking code. Starting payouts are 10% of total sales with a $25.00 minimum ..paid monthly from his payroll department. Top producers can call Sal at 1-800-700-4515 ext 20 after they show some sales to negotiate a better commission rate.

PPC keyword bidding has been OK'd as long as affiliates stay away from Overture to protect his yahoo listing..big deal! Hell ..I sell from 15-30 orders a month from my low traffic Cybermall on some promo links as his retainer webmaster.

Take a close look at the program and signup ..link: http://www.suspenders.com/affiliate.htm I will work on full and half page storefront displays like TigerDirect does for the ABW crowd. You can use the code on multiple web sites and easily create your own landing pages. Feel free to copy the product images (imbedded with your affiliate tracking link) and pre-sell text from his site.

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    The offer sounds interesting. You mentioned the merchant does not want non producing sites. How much traffic do you need to be considered a "producing site?"

Missoula - Short Stories

yintercept;

The program is open to all ABW members regardless of your traffic levels. I just felt I should pressure them to re-launch the program on a continuous basis inhouse. Sal's only concern is the affiliates don't spam prospects with his links. He has visited here to see how active this community is and was impressed. Basically his old CJ program in 1998-2000 never had a effective way to recruit active affiliates ..no EPC ..merchant showcases or e-mail group access. Give it a try as the click to conversion ratio works fine for lower traffic sites.

WebMaster Mike

The only thing that was "holding me up" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] from joining was the java issue on the Products page but you seem to have resolved it. Pages load nicely now so I'll submit my app sometime this week. I also think this would be a good merchant for the site I'm building for a family member.

{

"Laziness, Impatience, Hubris. Pick any three" ~ YAPC 19100

Thanks Eaglefire for the heads up on the Java navigation buttons. I'm working on replacing all of them with static buttons and adding the new Doubleup "button down" type suspenders that will get released next week. I'll add in the half page and full page displays to the banner section, where like TD promos, you just replace the AffiliateID/e-mail section with your own codes.

WebMaster Mike

Hello,
    Are they still taking on new sites?I applied over a week ago and have not gotten a reply one way or the other. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Dete99;

I haven't missed any ABWers applications for the program that I know of... best you just re-apply at http://www.suspenders.com/affiliate.htm and sal herman the President will forward your app to me for approval. He just needs to setup the account for check writing and posting sales that are tagged for each affiliate. Checkout the new Double-Ups that I just put up the pages. http://www.suspenders.com/doubleups.htm I'm wearing a pair right now and they sure look like the traditional button down Wyatt Erp suspenders. The legal eagles will love em' and I saw where a Bride just complimented Holdup Suspenders for rushing out an order for all the men in her wedding party last Friday.

WebMaster Mike

I'm amazed more ABWers haven't jumped on the Holdup Suspenders program which is 100% parasite proof. Average daily orders on this niche' product for Christmas has jumped from 94 to 176 since last Saturday. The 1800 fine men's shops selling some of these suspenders got in counter displays last week and shoppers just go online for a larger assortment. The New Patented Double-UPs that look and feel like Traditional button-on braces are in stock now with 11 colors.

Signup page is www.suspenders.com/affiliate.htm and I placed a huge selection of banners there plus you can flexably link to any page using any image on the site. Sal won't let me get a commish from my Mall links but my creatives get him some good traffic. Conversion ratio 1 sale per 16 clicks right now.

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    OK Mike I'll sign up - been thinking this may tie in well with Men's Footwear.

Just a suggestion for the suspender guy though; see that older fella pictured on the banner? Surely he is a very nice guy and all that, but it would be nice to have a banner with a picture of a dapper, strapping, debonair younger fella who would appeal a little more to the sensibilities of the younger, hot-shot law-school types who are more influenced by what they read in Maxim than in the Federal Reporter.

A cool-looking dude that they would like to emulate. That's how the young set thinks nowadays. How many goofs do you see walking around the mall with their Tommy Hilfiger underwear straps exposed? All because they saw a cool-looking dude in a magazine ad - now they're all wearing the wedgies. Hell, if you could get the right guy to model them, you could start a suspender revolution. All the hip-hoppers would be sportin' 'spenders along with their fake gold teeth and circus big-top loose pants.

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

quote:
    Originally posted by Crankin'_Deelz:
    it would be nice to have a banner with a picture of a dapper, strapping, debonair younger fella who would appeal a little more to the sensibilities of the younger, hot-shot law-school types who are more influenced by what they read in Maxim than in the Federal Reporter.

Well, hey, they're wide enough looking, how 'bout J.Lo while we're at it?

ABW Ambassador
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Yes, I applied last night as well and got no confirming email. (The email address used was iwa@...) I'm not in a huge rush, but I see someone else has been waiting a week, so figured it couldn't hurt to mention it.

I would like to apply but the signup form asks for social security number on a non-secure page. Can this be changed?

You don't need to furnish the SS# information until you reach 600.00 in earnings for a 1099 IRS report.

Neat new Yahoo Biz posting...Brace Yourself With an Innovative New Fashion Statement From the Hold-Up Suspender Company
    Monday November 18, 10:01 am ET

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/021118/dem012_1.html

WebMaster Mike

quote:
    Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    You don't need to furnish the SS# information

I did fill that in, but either way, but still no reply... Ah well, new pages now will not take part in the Google Dance until the late December run when it's too late for this year, so I think I'll pass on it.

ABW Ambassador
    I applied when I said I would (Nov. 14th) but still no reply.

I still get the feeling that some of my visitors who are shelling out the big clams for some shore fine shoes would also be interested in buying some suspenders.

Well, so long as guys don't need suspenders to hold up their shoes I'll be just fine until Holdup get around to letting us sell their stuff for them.

What's the holdup?

ABW Ambassador
    First Sale! Hope to see many more.
    Cazzie

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread