New Beginner
    Hi Iam new to affiliate marketing. Haven't actually started yet. Where do I begin and what are the first steps to creating and building a successful affiliate marketing business?

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Spend a lot of time reading and studying before you begin. There are countless different ways to start an actual site, so it is important to know what you want to do first. Read through a bunch of threads in this forum and learn about the different types of sites, programs, merchants, promotional methods, etc. Many people will try to sell you a course with step-by-step instructions. Don't waste your money. Most of those programs were written a while ago, and the only one making money from them is the person selling them. Take advantage of all the knowledge and information shared here first, learn from all the articles shared, the discussions about issues, the promotions merchants offer, etc. You've got to find the approach that fits you and the products you wish to promote, then it will be the right time to start your site.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Let me add that after you spend a couple of days reading, then it is time to begin. The best teacher is trial and error - after reading about and understanding the basics, learn by doing. We've all made some big errors at the beginning, but nothing ever than can't be fixed.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

New Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow View Post
    Spend a lot of time reading and studying before you begin. There are countless different ways to start an actual site, so it is important to know what you want to do first. Read through a bunch of threads in this forum and learn about the different types of sites, programs, merchants, promotional methods, etc. Many people will try to sell you a course with step-by-step instructions. Don't waste your money. Most of those programs were written a while ago, and the only one making money from them is the person selling them. Take advantage of all the knowledge and information shared here first, learn from all the articles shared, the discussions about issues, the promotions merchants offer, etc. You've got to find the approach that fits you and the products you wish to promote, then it will be the right time to start your site.
    Thanks Affiliate Window - Have started reading - completely new to web sites, though I am developing social media community sites through facebook. Have very limited skills in IT. Currently reading and working with Building Web site for Dummies by David A Crowder.

Thanks AffiliateHound. I feel as though I am a long way from monetising a web site but recognise the need to get a web site on-line and get some traffic to it before even thinking about the affiliate marketing. Just want to make sure the site I create can fulfill its purposes of mind-body education and creating an income through affiliate sales of appropriate books, courses, mp3s, and other relevant objects.

http://www.extramoneyanswer.com/ - buy Shawn Collins, co-founder of Affiliate Summit.
    Last edited by Bill; December 20th, 2015 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Removed verbosity...
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

When I first started, my overwhelming (and totally naive) impulse was to fill my pages with words and links that screamed “BUY THIS NOW!”. I didn’t help the reader learn why they should have this product. I only wanted them to click a link which would hopefully lead to a commission for me.

What is the best site builder / hosting for a new website and why?

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread