I am wondering if this program is worth my time.
    Has anyone had success with them?
    Has anyone been able to get/stay in contact with them?
    I am tired of having to send/resend and then re-resend messages to them to get answers.
    I like the content they provide - hotel database (free) but I honestly don't think they give a d@mn about affiliates when they don't answer an email. I realize I am fairly small in the grand scheme of things, but honestly, 9 days and three emails with no answer? Come on. And it'snot like it's the first time.

How about any of you? Do they work for you? Or can you recommend someone else who provides similar content?

Any help would be appreciated.
    On the downside, no way my Travel site will be updated for this next crawl.
    On the upside, I rebuilt my whole sports site while waiting for an answer from these guys.

Game on!!!!

Popdawg,

That is Wierd! Jessica is very proactive here and even went so far as to donate Elisabeth's hotel fees for the Nov 7th Meeting.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

I actually had tried to contact her this summer and had a similar situation occur. I tried both through their website and through her directly.
    I was quite frustrated then, but because of her actions regarding the Nov 7th meeting I sucked it up and decided to check out her their program again.
    I was realy impressed with her attitude towards the meeting and to affiliates in general.
    My first contact with her was responded to the day after I sent it.
    I realize that she runs a pretty big program so when she didn't respond for a couple of days to my follow up I didn't think anything of it.
    I sent another message to her, and tried to ask the same question via their website about 4 days after my last email, and then again 3 days later.
    Nothing.
    In the interim I have seen her post a few times here.
    This is the exact same thing that annoyed me this summer.

Game on!!!!

Affiliate Manager
    PopDawg,
    I am looking through my emails and not finding anything from you. I can't say that nothing has ever fallen through the cracks, but I do have a pretty strict 24 hour policy. Anything sent to affiliate@travelnow.com before 5PM CST should be responded to before we leave for the day. Anything sent to me should be responded to in 24 hours.

With the exception of last nights emails, the only continuing items on my desk right now are from October.

While I am always happy to help you directly, affiliate@travelnow.com is also a good choice because I havea a full staff working on those inquiries.

I hope that you will resend your email to one or both of these addresses and let me watch for it.

Jessica Hutson
    Manager of Affiliate Relations/Development
    Interactive Affiliate Network
    http://affiliate.travelnow.com/affiliates/home.jsp

Only yesterday I told the IAN guys (and guyesses) they were the most reponsive affiliate team I've ever dealt with - cos it's true.

Very fast responses with useful info every time so far.

Must be some explanation for your experience [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Are you Crazy?

Jessica,
    No disrespect meant, but that is the same thing you said the last time this happened this summer.
    When I contacted you on the 5th you replied within 2 hours, (and I apologize it was 8 days, 9 now) but the fact remains my followup email sent upon recipt of your reply (also on the 5th) and the additional ones sent disappeared.
    This includes email sent to affiliate@travelnow.com which I sent via your websites contact link.
    Not one of the messages have been returned undeliverable.
    I have just forwarded (again) the email to your address. This is the original message that I had sent on the 5th.
    Please let me know if you get it this time.

I must be in the Bermuda Triangle of email here. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Game on!!!!

Affiliate Manager
    PopDawg,
    I have three emails from today that are unanswered in my email box right now and I'm 99% sure none of them are from you. In fact, only one is from an affilaite- so if you are no tthe affilaite looking for an SEO firm recommendation, I do not have your email. I have 13 unanswered emails in the affiliate@travelnow.com queue

Can you IM me the header and contents of one of your emails and I will work with my tech team to find out what is going on here? I am getting large amounts of email- so I know it isn't a widespread problem and I have not been able to figure out how we can answer every email and somehow not get yours- I need to get this taken care of and I apologize for the delay you have experienced.

Jessica Hutson

Affiliate Manager
    CrazyGuy- thanks, that's the goal!

Jessica Hutson

Jessica,
    I've sent you a PM.

Game on!!!!

**-Ahem-**
    <decree>
    Let it be heard far and wide;
    Jessica has in fact replied to my emails, although for some odd reason I was not able to receive them.

Crazyguy, Haiko you were right in your comments to her defence.
    By the dates on her emails and from the ones I was able to receive her 24 hour policy is still intact!

I don't know why I have not been able to receive her emails. It has not happened with anyone else so far, but I will be watching.

And yes, I am the type of person who if I grumble, I grumble loudly and when I am impressed, I am impressed ... er ... loudly.

Now I must humbly say ... man I hate this part, Jessica, sorry for jumping to the conclusion I did, I was wrong, and uhhhh if it's ok with you I'm going to go, ummm, build some pages for you now. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

</decree>

Thanks for the info Jessica.

Game on!!!!

Affiliate Manager
    That's one of the best apologies I've ever received Popdawg - thanks :-)

Jessica Hutson

ABW Ambassador
    There is no competition. Travelnow.com is the best travel affiliate program and has the best and most responsive staff. The only time I use other programs is when Travelnow does not have specific properties I need.

Does it bother any Travelnow affiliates that Travelnow also operates hotels.com and therefore is competing with its own affiliates?

Try contacting local hotels to your site and inquire about an inhouse affiliate program. We operate a small hotel in San Jose, CA and we are in the Hotels.com(travelnow) and Lodging.com Rez systems. These companies take about a 10% to 15% commission from the hotels and then split them with the affiliate providers. I decided it would be better to cut the middleman and offer our own inhouse program. This way I could get our property featured on their sites and the affiliates would get the full commission amount. Since we work with smaller number of affiliates we have better relationships.

Anyone interested in our inhouse program you can PM me.

Hi guys

Thinking of diversifying into travel. For hotels in Europe, has anyone tried cnghotels.com? Similar content and affiliate program to Travelnow - any views on which is better? Any other recommendations for programs with lots of hotels in Europe?

thanks

Affiliate Manager
    Bronte-
    We have offices in Europe that may be a better resource than I am- let me know if you would like me to have someone call you.

We do have a great Eurpoe inventory in both hotels and vacation rentals. In fact- many of our top cities in both are European. We have also been actively expanding in the Asia-Pacific area.

We can work with different languages and currencies as well to cater to all of your customers.

Jessica Hutson

Well it's not just you. Since they were taken over by hotels.com I have had great trouble trying to get responses to emails. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] Have also not received a cheque since April of this year. I was visited (in person!) by somebody from Travelnow when they were in town, but things I requested at that meeting (February), have yet to happen too (eg: I said that having 2 banner ads on each cobrand page was losing sales for both of us).

Affiliate Manager
    Mellow-
    It sounds like it may not be my office taking care of you- but please feel free to call or email me any time and I'll help out any way I can. The purchase by hotels.com let us add staff that should mean you do not have to wait on answers- period.

Jessica Hutson

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread