Passive vs active affiliates recruiting
    Soon I'm going to launch the e-shop. And I'm going to create an affiliate program for it. Of course one of the most important parts of holding the affiliate program is affiliates recruiting.

So what strategy works better?

1. placing the affiliate program in various affiliate networks, placing the information about the program on a paid basis etc., and after the program will become a little bit recognizable - start writing direct mails and using other methods of active recruitment
    2. everything should be done at the same time (including writing direct emails from the very beginning)

Thanks in advance

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    If your program has no history - no proven conversion rate, no insights on how well it is managed, no history confirming that affiliates will be paid - better affiliates won't join right away. Newbies frequently will join a new program, but the results won't be what you are initially after.

Spend time getting the program working right before you start thinking about adding an affiliate program.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

3. Thanks From:

When it comes to recruiting high quality affiliates, your primary tasks are to first offer a quality affiliate program, and then to disperse your offer to those areas where motivated would-be affiliates are searching for quality affiliate programs just like the one you are offering

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    What JCrooks said. Get the site up and running first and selling effectively with other traffic sources like PPC and SEO, then when you have some history of success and a feel for what conversion rate on traffic is, you can launch a program. Depending on your product, I'd launch it in a network like ShareASale, but realize that you still need to actively recruit targeted affiliates if you want your program to take off. Also, make sure you know what you're doing from the management perspective. If you're looking to be hands off with management and just leave it on auto pilot, either outsource management to an OPM agency or skip affiliate marketing. Programs run on auto-pilot tend to attract the lowest common denominator when it comes to affiliates.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Build a successful program on ONE network before ever thinking of additional networks (In fact, many affiliates will say to keep your program on that single network; there is no good reason to be on more than one if the one is one of the top few). What you do need to think about and should do is have a properly categorized and always up to date datafeed, and make it available through Popshops and also GoldenCan. And make SURE that your network has a product link generator so that your affiliates can create a link to ANY product on your site.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Thank you, JCrooks!
    You're right, my program has no partners testimonials, and potential affiliates can't be absolutely sure they will be paid, etc.
    Of course I'll now be able to recruit big scale advertisers from the very beginning, so writing direct emails will be more appropriate after promotion of the program.
    Last edited by HelenVendo; December 28th, 2015 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by behicand View Post
    When it comes to recruiting high quality affiliates, your primary tasks are to first offer a quality affiliate program, and then to disperse your offer to those areas where motivated would-be affiliates are searching for quality affiliate programs just like the one you are offering
    I'm trying to make the program as qualitative as it's possible and to offer the best conditions. Could you please advice me some platforms where affiliates are searching for such programms?

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateWarrior View Post
    What JCrooks said. Get the site up and running first and selling effectively with other traffic sources like PPC and SEO, then when you have some history of success and a feel for what conversion rate on traffic is, you can launch a program. Depending on your product, I'd launch it in a network like ShareASale, but realize that you still need to actively recruit targeted affiliates if you want your program to take off. Also, make sure you know what you're doing from the management perspective. If you're looking to be hands off with management and just leave it on auto pilot, either outsource management to an OPM agency or skip affiliate marketing. Programs run on auto-pilot tend to attract the lowest common denominator when it comes to affiliates.
    Thank you, now I'm sure it's the best way. I've heard a lot about affiliate networks, but didn't consider ShareASale. They have great conditions, I think I'll add the program there.
    Concerning the management perspective, firstly I'm going to manage everything by myself, but when the process will be more or less automated, I'm going to hire affiliate manager to reach exactly targeted affiliates.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound View Post
    Build a successful program on ONE network before ever thinking of additional networks (In fact, many affiliates will say to keep your program on that single network; there is no good reason to be on more than one if the one is one of the top few). What you do need to think about and should do is have a properly categorized and always up to date datafeed, and make it available through Popshops and also GoldenCan. And make SURE that your network has a product link generator so that your affiliates can create a link to ANY product on your site.
    Could you please explain why is it not appropriate to place the program in a few networks at the same time? I thought there's different audince in different networks, so more people will know about the program. Where is the mistake?

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread