I wasn't sure exactly where to post this, but I was hoping to get an opinion on a new affiliate network that I recently launched. I figured who could give better feedback than those who use these all the time.

It's setup to be a CJ for the common webmaster, where you don't need a few thousand dollars to throw out the window just to get setup as an advertiser. I've tried to make statistics and control everything that I've found lacking in other networks I've used (cj, clickbank, etc). Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated...I really do want to make this as good as it can be! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Here it is: Commission Shore

ABW Ambassador
    All I can think of when I read the name is Commission Whore..

Sorry.

Looks good, a little amateurish, but I guess that is the intent. Payment by Paypal, some will like that.

Good Luck!

--
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the comments. Could I get you to elaborate on what you meant by amateurish? The design, appearance, wording? I'd appreciate it.

Yeah, I've noticed how much people seem to love paypal (though I personally hate it =P). I was going to offer e-gold as well, but when I signed on with them and learned about using the service, it seemed more trouble than it was worth.

I got the name because I came up with the logo first. I always liked that image I did, and the splash of vibrance seemed to contrast well with the soft hues I used for the rest of the site. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, thanks again for taking a look....

Hello Nicholas,

I'm too new to give any useful feedback, but I will be curious to see what others think about your potential because I live about 30 miles from where you are. It'd just be neat to have a good network so close to home.

Is your network actually up and running?

Best of luck to you.

Chris B.

Chris, that's really cool to find someone so close to home...definitely a rarity online. I'm confident the network will do well. The whole reason I'm hear is to get feedback to make sure it succeeds.

It is up and running now with some 5 affiliate programs and no affiliates. I openned it up for others to create their programs a few weeks ago, but just openned it to affiliates earlier this week. I expect a slow start, like all sites, but I'm sure things will pick up soon enough. I just started a few smaller advertising campaigns today to see how it goes.

ABW Ambassador
    All you have to offer is banners? No product links etc? Consolidated payments?
    Cazzie

Product links, that's probably a good idea. How do most networks go about doing that? Do they let the affiliate just place the url they want a banner/link to go to into a code generator and get the link for it? Or would you suggest something else. If the former, I'll make that a top priority to get up by early next week.

What do you mean by 'consolidated payments'. I'll have to be honest, my own sites have usually had too broad of demographics for me to spend much time with affiliate programs, so my experience is somewhat limited. Could you extrapolate. My belief in site creation is that if a customer/member asks for something, and it can be offered as an option, it's going to get built. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks!

Unless I missed it, I cannot see a list of current advertisers.

Before joining a "new" program, I would want to see who is on there and the payouts in a quick and easy manner

Ian

List-city For all your newsletter needs including Hosting you can afford, and double opt-in Co-registrations

You didn't miss it, there wasn't a list of advertisers...but there is now. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Thanks for the suggestion.

Nicholas
    http://www.CommissionShore.com
    http://www.NightscapeCreations.com

quote:
    Originally posted by cazzie:
    All you have to offer is banners? No product links etc? Consolidated payments?
    Cazzie

Oh, I see now, I did a search on google for "consolidate payments" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]. Yes, that's actually how the network is setup. I assumed all were setup that way and it wasn't important to mention. I will rewrite some of the text to include that now. Thanks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Nicholas

FWIW, the site was bog-slow just now.

Most pages took 60+ seconds to load. And I'm on a cable modem.

Thinking ahead to when you have lots of traffic, that tells prospective users it's only going to get worse, and to go somewhere else.

Maybe this is some temporary problem, since no one else has commented on it, but I figured you should know.

-- Mike

Must be a temporary problem. I'll have to email our host. The site is actually on a dedicated server that I've speed tested up to 8 Mbit upload & download speeds. All I worry about is going over the 1 TB bandwidth cap and getting charged extra...but that's a little while off yet [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]. Thanks for letting me know though.

Nicholas

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread