Best flow to start with when creating you first campaign.
    Hello, I have read books and watch videos almost everyday for the past couple of months and try to start with Facebook advertising and just not going anywhere. Do I need to creating a landing page first or where do I start. I tried starting a campaign on a product I know and if I had in my hands I could sell out. It is software but My Facebook Fan page has no one and I reach out in a couple of different way. But I do have Amazon affiliate program.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Just starting by paying for traffic will just cost you money. You won't make anything that way. There are many ways to do affiliate marketing. Try building a site about something you know about. You've mentioned that you are an expert on computer repair and support. Perhaps build a site with handy computer tips, something that people will want to read and share. Then you can monetize that traffic. Don't just buy someone's program that's guaranteed to make you rich by advertising on Facebook or other garbage like that. They make the money from selling to you - period!

Affiliate marketing success isn't something that follows a formula. It doesn't happen overnight. It is something you build over time, by testing, studying, analyzing, then building some more as you find out what works for you and your audience. Anything less will just become an expensive failure.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Thank you so much for the advise. So starting a page about something I am good at and try to monetize the traffic, got it. I do understand it take way more time and its what I put in it is what I get out. So would recommend I get a basic blog for the one or two products or something that can be my main monitored site and around a certain campaign in that same area of products or services and change it up a bit from time to time.

If one page is enough to sell something, then it's probably not worth buying but a bunch of people are trying to sell it anyway, chasing the "make easy money online" dream. I'm talking about developing a website, with many pages of quality content. If you build a site, you can sell more than one or two products, and it's more than just changing it a bit, but maintaining it, improving it, regularly. "Set it and forget it" is a forumla for failure.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

I understand what you saying again thank you. Develop an amazing site with things and counting people want to see read and purchase. I see a lot of people who do the get a quick domain as a product and give a description and go to the next. But I can see the quality I need to go for. I am making sure I am that I create a site for people to love and want to go thee to read and purchase. It strange I have a affiliate program that is still pending with CJ affiliates for 3 days. Thank You, everyone here is so knowledgeable and kind cant wait for the day I can improve greatly and can pay it forward.
    Last edited by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow; December 31st, 2015 at 03:27 PM.

Don't be upset that you haven't been approved yet. Many people have taken this full week off, so my guess is that you should be approved sometime next week. Don't forget that it is also time for Affiliate Summit in the US, so everyone here is pretty busy basically until mid-January.

Nice advice which can help everyone.
    Last edited by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow; January 1st, 2016 at 07:58 AM.

Hello cas16hill !

if you plan to use a LP for your campaign, I would suggest you to have it ready before your campaign is going to be approved on Facebook, or any other platform you are going to use.
    Moreover, from my experience, split testing is a very important part of the game so you might need to create several creatives/LPs in order to start rolling the campaign and eventually scale it. So take this into consideration when you establish your TO DOs list to start and manage the campaign.

By the way, the fact that you chose to promote a product in a field that know should give you an important support for the start.
    Since you said that if you had it in your hands you could sell it, it sounds like you already have in mind some ideas about how to present it to the public. So just take it step by step to make it happen online, for example:
    1. get the creatives ready
    2. implement the campaign/buy traffic etc
    3. follow up and check if scale or less ...

Good luck!
    ilana

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread