This is my first post after doing some lurking around. Of all the sites of have seen this seems to be the best for webmasters!

I am rolling out a website in a month or so with a large affiliate budget and wanted to know who I should partner with.

Who do webmasters trust to pay you on time? Who has the best reporting?

Please feel free to ad other Affiliate program managers you have had success with.

JPS

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Hi JPS and Welcome to ABW. Glad to see that have come out of lurking. Looking forward to seeing many more posts from you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

Commission Junction are probably the most well known and I think offer the best reports. They appear to run a very strict regime with the Merchants, but this provides good protection for the affiliates. They also have a large selection of merchants to choose from and I have had no serious problems with them since joining them (just over a year).

Shareasale are a little newer to the scene but have some nice features. Unlike Commission Junction, when a Merchant is "deactivated", they take them offline and display a message automatically to explain to your customers that the site is currently not available. CJ.com will tell you when a Merchant has been deactivated, but you are expected to remove their link. This can be a bit of a pain sometimes, because the site in question may only be deactivated for a few hours or days. I have over 600 of their merchants on my site and this creates a lot of extra work.

It's also worth taking a look at Linkshare and Partner Gateway (nee: Reporting net).

Hope this info helps a little.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    I love shareasale, for the cost and for their unequivocal stand against parasites and their ilk. While everyone else was hem-hawing around, forming committees, meeting with competitors and such, they actually stood up first and spoke out.

CJ has a much wider audience affiliate wise, and you may initially get more activity there than from shareasale, but having a forum like ABW minimalizes the difference, because many affiliates come here to look for good merchants to join.

I just started a program with shareasale, and it went very smoothly.

-Tom Rice
    www.tarice.com

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

Hello JPS97,

From a merchant's perspective shareasale has been great. We signed with them a few weeks ago and are lovin' it.

My experience scouting out a good affiliate network might apply more to your situation than my actual experience there as a merchant. When I was researching affiliate networks I got a lot of feedback from affiliates about who they liked, who they didn't and why.

I got a mixed bag of feedback regarding most affiliate networks, including CJ. Shareasale was the only one where all the feedback was positive. No affiliate complaints. That's why I went with them and my experience with them so far tells me I made the right choice.

Frank
    UrbanScooters.com
    UrbanScooters.com Affiliate Program

We Like shareasale a lot. our affiliates are great we communicate with all our affiliates. giving them ideas and ways to have a great relationship with us. We value affiliates like partners.

Jason

http://www.freebiesforever.com

shareasale Merchant.

Jason

Santa Cruz, CA 95060

Thank you everyone for your input!

Can we go with both CJ & Shareasale or does that not make sense?

From the perspective that CJ is not easy to join our sites are the following:

Pheromone Sales
    Canadian Pharmacy
    Dvd Copying Program Sale

Sorry for lack of URL's but they are being built currently.

Will these sites have any problems getting listed?

JPS

JPS

There is no reason to restrict yourself to just one program, join as many as you like. That way, you can see how they all work and then support the one you feel is giving you the best deal.

I don't think Commission Junction are that difficult to join, they took my site! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Good luck for the future.

Thanks for the responses!! It looks like I am going to join Directtrack and then join CJ, Linkshare, Shareasale. Does this make sense?

John

JPS

Sorry, double post.

quote:
    Does this make sense?

Well, if your budget is that big then why not. But, a little bit of testing could go a long way.

For example, join 2 networks for a testing period of about a few months and see what happens (maybe cj and shareasale would make a good combo).

Then, spend some money trying to recruit affiliates. This could include purchasing ad space in highly distributed webmaster newsletters (Sitepoint Tribune for example) or purchasing ad space and/or a forum here @ ABW, and so on, and so on ......

-------------------------------------------------
    Webmaster Resources | Web Hosting Solutions

Rik,

That is a very good point. This is the way that I am leaning right now. In House Affliate program through Directtrack. And joining CJ & Shareasale.

Comments?

JPS

Unless I have missed something, CJ costs $0 to join and Shareasale costs $150. I can't even conceive of why I would want to pay to run someone's ads.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    CJ is much, much more expensive as a merchant than shareasale, but has a larger reach affiliate-wise.

"No day is so bad, it can't be fixed with a nap." - Carrie Snow

Both CJ and Shareasale are free for affiliates to join. Shareasale has a $150 setup fee for merchants, while CJ has higher fees.

Peter Kirby
    Domain Name Registration Directory

sharesale I have heard nothing but good about. Just call CJ and talked to them and see if you want to deal with them from a merchant perspective. I have talked with CJ and Linkshare both and loved the way Linkshare took care of business CJ they just needs help.

John Solamito
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.datecam.com
    www.datedollars.com - Affiliate program for Datecam
    johns@datecam.com
    C 206-920-5646

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread