AvantLink - Still not up to par - Thoughts?
    Has anyone had much luck with AvantLink datafeed merchants? I keep thinking I've implemented my Avantlink datafeed processing code incorrectly because I've never seen such poor performance in a network. Looking at the numbers, my 2015 AvantLink sales were an incredibly low 1.5% of my next smallest affiliate network.

Here's what really worries me... I've had an Avantlink merchant contact me and tell me to move to CJ (they had their program on several networks) because their CJ affiliates tend to do much, much better. Why would this be?

A long time ago, I did an analysis to try to determine why AvantLink sales were poor. I came to the conclusion that there wasn't enough useful data in the feeds, even though the merchants were supplying this data to Google Shopping. The data just wasn't making it into AvantLink feeds.

Its been years since I originally posted. At the time it appeared non-datafeed affiliates really liked Avantlink. I still don't understand why????
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    AvantLink is dependent on the information the merchant sends in their feed. I recently took over an AV program where the feed was rated as one star (on their three star rating system). I worked with AV Support and they remapped the feed, turning it into a three star rating (excellent). So its dependent on the AM/OPM to get the feed tuned-up.

What is the rating on this merchants feed per AV? Am curious if you convert to the merchants CJ program if you will see an increase in conversion or about the same as the data transmitted to the network should be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff View Post
    Here's what really worries me... I've had an Avantlink merchant contact me and tell me to move to CJ (they had their program on several networks) because their CJ affiliates tend to do much, much better. Why would this be?
    I had a few of my larger merchants tell me to move to one network or another (most cases to move to CJ) because they like the network better and if their a 2+ competing affiliates (cookies) they always pick the affiliate on their most like network. And in all cases I made more sales by moving to the network they like. May not be the case here but it may be the case???

4. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    What is the rating on this merchants feed per AV? Am curious if you convert to the merchants CJ program if you will see an increase in conversion or about the same as the data transmitted to the network should be the same.
    They have an excellent datafeed rating on Avantlink. I did make the switch to CJ and they did perform significantly better on CJ.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

What type of data do you get on CJ that is not available on Avantlink? Are you talking about things like UPC and MFG Ids? I have found that the data on CJ is often not accurate anyway, so I don't consider the CJ datafeeds to be better. I'm interested in your ideas thoughts on this because I know you do a lot more feeds than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by superCool View Post
    What type of data do you get on CJ that is not available on Avantlink? Are you talking about things like UPC and MFG Ids? I have found that the data on CJ is often not accurate anyway, so I don't consider the CJ datafeeds to be better. I'm interested in your ideas thoughts on this because I know you do a lot more feeds than I do.
    I do find unique identifiers to be fairly useful. Really any data that can be normalized is useful, e.g. all product attributes, assuming they are labeled correctly.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread