Was curious if anyone is using dealtime.com? It says they pay 5 cents a click and I guess adjust on your traffic "quality", which I assume means buying customers.

Q,

I know that Dealtime was a major advertiser with WhenU.

I, personally, like Overstock better, and not just for the "ethics" ... I'd rather get CPA than CPC anyday!

Haiko

I manage DealTime's Associate Program so I can give you details about how it works.

First, a little about how we generate revenue: DealTime works similar to Overture where advertisers (i.e. merchants) pay for higher placement within our search results. And we are compensated by these merchants, in the form of a CPC rate, for all of the traffic that we drive to their Web sites. We are paid by the merchants regardless of if the traffic converts to a sale on their backend. However, it is in our (DealTime) best interest to only drive qualified leads to our merchant partners as they ultimately affect the amount we can pay our distribution partners (i.e. Strategic and Associate partners).

That said, our starting CPC rate is $.05 however, I'll increase this to $.08 or greater after a 7-10 day test depending on how well the traffic you send converts on our back-end. I can also pay you on a revenue share or cost per search or cost per merchant click basis. Please contact me if you are serious about working with my organization and if these alternative payment methods are of interest to you.

Thanks!

ABW Ambassador
    Welcome, Shannon!

Are you guys still affiliated with WhenU?

Shannon,

Hi and Welcome to ABW!

What is Dealtime's Position on ParasiteWare and as Cedric asked, are you still working with WhenU?

Haiko

Yes, we use to work with Whenu. We initially powered the "compare prices" button on their downloadable shopping companion. They (Whenu) later moved us into their pop-up box program without our prior consent. We remained in this program for about 8-9 months as we were seeing positive results from it. We were not intentionally targeting our Associates with these pop-ups-- in fact we never once received a complaint from an Associate because of them.

We stopped working with Whenu near the end of last year because of the uproar these boxes were causing within the affiliate marketing industry and because we had a falling-out with the CEO of that company.

Again, our primary payment method is cost per click. But we can also pay on a revenue share, cost per search or cost per merchant click basis. If you are seriously interested in partnering with DealTime, please contact me as I will discuss these alternate payment methods with you.

Thanks.

Welcome Aboard Shannon,

Fred from NetBiz here.

To ABW members - Dealtime is a good program to be affiliated with. We always got paid on time and Shannon kept us informed.

Like all the other CPC programs they want their merchants to make sales - so traffic quality is a goal. If Shannon wil let you join up, you can cover your hosting costs simply by putting a Deal Time banner or text link as an outlink.

We give a thumbs up to Dealtime from the merchant's perspective. Dealtime generated a lot of quality, converting leads over the holidays.

Frank
    UrbanScooters.com
    UrbanScooters.com Affiliate Program

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread