Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Tiger Direct Program Closes with ZERO Prior Noice
    It was just announced that the Tiger Direct affiliate program on LS is closed effective today, with no prior notice.

The email notice just sent out indicates that this has been in the works for close to two months, yet they chose to keep affiliates out of the loop, providing no time to remove/exchange links.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Their consumer retention emails say TigerDirectB2B now PCM TigerDirect. Have no idea what PCM is. Emails go to pcm.com and this is at the bottom of the page:

Since 1987, PCM has been a leading provider of IT products, services, solutions to businesses, government agencies, educational, institutions, and healthcare facilities.
    We provide access to over 300,000 IT products like tablets, slate, notebooks, desktops, servers, storage, and networking from leading manufacturers like Cisco, HP, Apple, Adobe, Lenovo and Microsoft. With powerful eProcurement tools, comprehensive software licensing solutions and dedicated Account Executives, it's easy to get exactly what you need to tackle your technical challenges.
    Wonder if they were bought out and there will be a new program for PCM.

Thanks for posting this, I would have missed it. Not a huge deal because they were only paying out 2% to me, but I certainly miss every datafeed merchant that closes shop.

I'll post a message on the ebay enterprise forum for a similar issue.

Question... Do you feel that more affiliate programs than normal are closing this January? Every January has a slew of them, it seems like this year there is a bit more than normal. A lot of them have been smaller mom and pops on Avantlink, so their days were numbered anyway, but still...
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    PCM (PC Mall / Mac Mall) bought Tiger Direct some time mid-November/Early December...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    1. Yea - sold about Nov, 18 - plenty of time to have a seamless transition but they decided to do nothing and then just shut down Tiger Direct instead of a merger into another proram.

2. I haven't really seen a lot of closures this year so far, but I'm not in a couple thousand programs like all of you big data feed guys, I'm only in maybe 250-300 programs, and the closure rate seems to me about average. Also, electronics, computers, etc. is not a real niche for me and I do not see a lot of the closures that happen there.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    PCM (PC Mall / Mac Mall) bought Tiger Direct some time mid-November/Early December...
    This information was in the e-mail which I received today.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

7. Thanks From:

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread