Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Day Zero - Where Do We Go From Here?
    When I found ABestWeb a decade ago, it was a revelation. Until then, I had no idea that the affiliate marketing industry was as vast as it was even then, or that there was an energetic and highly intelligent community of people, coming together from all walks of life, growing the industry by leaps and bounds.

The information and insights I learned from the ABW community were voluminous, and in those early days I could not imagine that someday I would be the ADMIN, but who can predict the future?

I've met so many great people on line through ABW, and I've built relationships and personal friendships that hopefully will go on for years to come, all beginning with ABW.

Online industries, propelled by social media, are changing minute by minute, and the affiliate marketing industry in particular has changed dramatically, with information and discussion now having homes on facebook, twitter, and hundreds of industry blogs.

Yet, there is hope that this is not the end of the industry forum concept and of ABW - it's for sale, and maybe, just maybe, it will go on.

Going forward, I intend to spend more time on my affiliate sites and blogs, and in my political activities. I'd love to continue to hear from members of the ABW community, and you can email me at my personal email kashakugel@yahoo.com (the ABW email in my sig will likely soon become inactive), you can "friend" me on Facebook, and if you don't mind the fact that most of my tweets are political and extremely partisan you can follow me on Twitter @theHoundDawg (ok - much of what I post and discuss on Facebook is also political).

While a major project that took four months kept me away from my blogs for much of the last few months of 2015, I'll be blogging regularly going forward, and if you want to see what I have to say on my favorite topics, try theHoundDawgSportsBlog.com, FindVeganChoices.com, YourHomeForGreenLiving.com, among others, and if you dare, my political stuff on theHoundDawg.com.

I also intend to start an affiliate marketing blog, but I'm not sure when I'll begin that. It will be a section of my umbrella affiliate marketing site, KashakugelInternetDevelopment.com, which as of now only has links to my (non-political) affiliate sites.

In closing, I want to thank the people at Inet and at Penton who worked hard to keep the forum alive and well and who did so much to help me over the past couple of years, and I want to thank the members of the ABW community who kept active and kept the forum important and interesting, and a special thanks to the moderators and former ADMINS who did yeoman work on the forum and who were always there to answer my questions and to help me out.

C'est fini. Vive la Résurrection!
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Well said, Phil.
    You know I'll be following you and interacting in various "locations."

I, too, as I rearrange things for semi-retirement, will have more time to spend on the blogs I want to write for fun. Yes, of course, they will be monetized and I may, in fact, resurrect our old affiliate marketing blog for the checks vertical. Meanwhile my photography exploits/explorations will be talked about on Bill Swartwout Photography and I'll be keeping up with (some) affiliate happenings at 12PM dot com. I'll also be exploring the world of fine spirits at my Whiskey/Whisky blog at Boozes dot com. And a "few" other endeavors...
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Thanks too Phil you have done an excellent job with what you had to work with. Its been almost eleven years for me on ABestWeb and I have enjoyed every minute of it. Now I need to work on building up a blog since ABW has been my blog all of these years. Also need to separate my social between personal and professional. Hoping that someone does buy the forum and puts it back into effect but most likely it will be turned into an Adsense library!

Great words and great work, Phil

ABW Ambassador
    This is a sad day. Sad to see this happen, but like the old saying: All good things must come to an end...

For the past 11 years, ABW has been my virtual family where I've learned, shared and ranted things about affiliate marketing or other things. I've virtually made many good friends here and very thankful for all the support and help from you guys.

I sincerely hope someday someone will make this place a home for all of us again.

Until then...

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Though I’ve belonged to ABestWeb for nearly 9 years, I’ve only started posting regularly since joining Affiliate Window 5 years ago. Becoming more involved has resulted in lots of laughter, a few tears, wonderful knowledge sharing, and great friendships which will last far into the future.

Serving as moderator for the last two years gave me additional insight into the tremendous amount of work necessary to maintain this forum – until you’ve done it, you have no idea just how much is involved! I’m glad I got to see that side as well. I want to thank Phil Kaufman, Chuck Hamrick and Michael Coley for all their unselfish efforts so that all the other members could just enjoy ABW blissfully unaware of everything going on behind the scenes. It was definitely a labor of love for our industry.

Who knows what the future will bring? Perhaps someone will buy ABW. Perhaps a new forum will emerge from the individual blogs on affiliate marketing so many members are currently producing. Maybe we will all meet again in a Facebook group instead.

Though our communication form will be different in the future, I know that it doesn’t end here. We’ll still get to see each other at conferences and meetups, and definitely chat via Facebook, LinkedIn or one of the other dozen mediums available these days. My contact info is all over the place, so I’m hoping I’ll still hear from you guys! But I will definitely miss our daily threads. Hugs to you all!
    Last edited by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow; January 17th, 2016 at 03:29 PM.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Quote Originally Posted by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow View Post
    ...I will definitely miss our daily threads.
    What I miss are the old(er) days, the older threads, and the people who put their thoughts and life into them (many of whom have been gone; some into eternity).

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound View Post
    C'est fini. Vive la Résurrection!
    Love this sentiment, Phil; and thank you for everything that you (and other mods) have done to make things work (again).

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
    ...I sincerely hope someday someone will make this place a home for all of us again.

Until then, everyone may (still) find me here as well as on my blogs, conference, and a ton of other things that I do.

I hope this is not a "good bye," but a "see you later," friends.

This is a sad day, I was really hoping this place would turn around, their is a need for the old ABW still. I owe a lot to the members of the past. Not sure what else to say but very sad day............

Is their a Facebook and or twitter page that a lot of the former member use?? It would be nice to have some place to meetup and to discuss a replacement for ABW.

Kevin....

mash-goodbye.jpg

OK: I just created a Facebook Group "Affiliate Marketers in the Cold" -public group, ALL are welcome!
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Agree with what has already been said and agree that this is sad For once, I guess I don't really feel like writing one of my usual long posts. (hmmm, well guess will have to see what it's like by the time I've finished)

One of the saddest things to me that comes to mind is I wish I would have made note either in my mind or written down somewhere an awful lot of the useful, helpful, informative (choose whichever word applies to you) posts and threads that have been made through all these years. This place was always a huge source for learning to me and was always an ongoing process so am definitely gonna miss all those old threads Won't be able to come back and check on something anymore.

I am friends with quite a few of you at other places and email back and forth with some of you as well, sooooooo fortunately that's not gonna change. I guess if for whatever reason any of you would like to stay in contact with me, just make a search and you can find me.

Hmmm, am gonna stick to what I said and not make this real long. To any of you who have helped me through the years (I've probably thanked you a million times in private if not in public so you know who you are) but Thank you very much again, really have appreciated it. To those of you who have offered a kind word, sympathetic ear when needed or just been nice to me....thank you very much for that as well. You may not have realized it or maybe seems like something that shouldn't matter but it does and has to me.

Wish all of you the best for both your sites professionally speaking as well as well as all the best in your personal lives. OK, am not gonna babble on anymore. A hug for all of you

ABW Ambassador
    The only shot with this forum, is to sell it back to the original owner. Killing 1.1 million posts of content and just shutting it down gives you $0. Even if it was sold on the cheap, it'll be more than $0.

"Unfortunately, the affiliate marketplace has been steadily declining for a while now. As a result, we have decided to exit this business."

That's false as far as people looking for affiliate info. Warrior Forum sold last year for 3.2 million to Freelancer. It has 8 times the number of posts than ABW. Active as hell today. Of course, it's also full of junk. There are some other ones out there with the right direction, could be something.

I did enjoy the earlier versions of ABW, when it was more active and fun. Just saw this tweet about Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award Winners - http://www.affiliatesummit.com/affil...award-winners/

Most of those award winners were active back in those days. Some of the Affiliate Marketing Legends were mods, like Kellie and Mr. Mackin. I joined back in 2002 and at the time it was really the only place to get good, honest information about affiliate marketing. It was nice.
    Last edited by Trust; January 17th, 2016 at 08:27 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    Not much really left to say but "Thank You" to those who shared, helped and voiced your opinions. As a long time member, I learned a lot here and made some really good friends. I wish you ALL well in your business ventures.

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    I never thought that I would see this day happen. I rarely post but have learned a ton over the years.. I will miss this place immensely, and have joined the facebook group and hope to find a lot of you there as well.. All good things must come to an end, even if we don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    The only shot with this forum, is to sell it back to the original owner. Killing 1.1 million posts of content and just shutting it down gives you $0. Even if it was sold on the cheap, it'll be more than $0.
    My idea would be to sell the forum to someone who would really be willing to maintain it; I don't know who.

Everyone misses the early days, that's a given but there were a number of us who tried to keep the forum alive. I wasn't a moderator but I tried to start a number of conversations and there were others who tried to lead or join conversations as well.
    I'll miss the forum and the members who started threads and those who post[ed] to threads. The contributions of a diverse bunch of people made ABW unique.
    ABW was an interesting place
    Last edited by Rhia7; January 17th, 2016 at 10:08 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Say it ain't so.. After today it says we can read but not post. I haven't been real active here for a while, but I'd stop in now and then to see what's up. Good job Phil, you did a tough job and held it together well. Having the place run by other groups hasn't worked that well, but that's on them. I have been ignoring FB for some time, between being unconnected so much and half blind, nothing stays the same. Good idea to start a FB page, I'll get there sooner or later. I want to wish all my friends and acquaintances well, we shared the best of times and the worst. Keep at it!

Definitely a sad day. I do hope an industry insider resurrects it. I've emailed to inquire about buying it (with no response yet), but I doubt I could offer what they probably want for it. You would think something would be better than nothing, but things don't always make sense.

Try as we did, the place just wasn't the same with corporate ownership. A community doesn't grow (just like an affiliate site doesn't grow) when the focus is entirely on the bottom line.

Thank you, Haiko, for creating this forum almost 15 years ago, and for pouring out so much passion into the community and the industry over the years. I'm sure you mourn this direction even more than the rest of us.

The many friendships we've made here over the years will last a lifetime.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

So don't have words.
    Not around much, but this has been the place that has given me a lot of hope when things were crap.
    Grounding when things were briefly good and way too often hope when things were crap. Did I say that last bit already?
    Wish I had been in contact with so many of you more. But thank you to all those going back to nearly the start and those most recent.
    You've helped me more than you'll ever know both professionally and personally.
    Guess I have words. Here's some more.
    This sucks.
    Thank you all.
    See ya later!! ... somewhere ... somewhen
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

bump

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound View Post
    bump
    So, the posting is still open?

Yep - but: "I know nothing".

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread