I joined allposters. Their program looks really nice.
    How do these types of programs perform ?
    Are there people making decent money with them ?
    Are there certain categories that do better than others ?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    It's a saturated to death category with little commission per poster. If there weren't ways to get those pages up easy, I wouldn't bother!

Others' results may vary, but personally what I get from posters is like a tip compared to what other programs do. It's nice to get the "checklet" but if I want to do more than buy tickets to see The Matrix Reloaded I'd better keep my other sales pages up--the ones that go to other merchants, with more expensive items!

The fact that there's about 10 zillion Cusimano scripts in use already (I'm using that program too) may have something to do with the subpar results, but the posters category is so saturated that when I did make an individual page for another poster place, it was just buried in the SEs so there wasn't much point to doing something besides just running anyway.

One good thing I *can* say about AllPosters is that they do pay up, right on time. Another is that their posters do sell better than the ones from 123Posters.

~Revenue is King

ABW Ambassador
    Allposters was my top performing merchant last year.
    < of course that might be why I'm still poor >

...success or failure; I proceed on with grim determination and persistence until the end.
    Stanley Holtsclaw 04/30/03

With the new datafeed it won't be too hard to throw up a site with 1000's of pages.
    I did some research on the SE's and it doesn not look too difficult to rank decently for terms related to fine art that people may want to use to decorate their home with. Hopefully they would want them framed which might boost commisions (sp?)

It's worth looking into for the cost of a domain.

Allposters performs ok but they have a smaller selection of celebrity posters than
    Moviegoods has more movie posters as well.
    I use all three.
    I use Moviegoods first if I can, then for what Moviegoods does not offer, then Allposters if they offer something the others don't.
    If moviegoods,, and allposters do not offer the product I want to link to then I link to what i can find on ebay.

The webmaster's guide to the war which is the web. Analyze monetization, visitor retention, and promotion.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread