I prefer to work with Lifetime Commission Programs, however they are few and far between (not much incentive for merchants if affiliates are content with one time sales).

I have my favorites, but was wondering what "Lifers" others on the board have had success with. By success I mainly mean repeat orders from those you refer and the ease of building a large customer base.

I guess we could also include two-tier programs since the commissions of the affiliates you refer are yours for the lifetime of their association with the merchant.

My best Lifer is PillStore, and two-tier is Websponsors.

I would recommond you visit Allan Gardyne's www.LifetimeCommissions.com site to find some great lifetime commission programs.

I was promoting Pillstore as my main thrust on my Druggist.org site but switched to Pillvalue which is also run by Pillstore but pays out higher commissions at lower customer prices. You will notice a higher conversion rate when you switch.

Larry Wentz
    www.AffiliateNetwork.org
    www.MultipleDomainHosting.net

Hi FCOL,

In theory Lifetime Commissions are great, but in reality a lifetime commission or lifetime cookie may only last six months to a year for a lot of internet companies. I know that is overly pessimistic but I think you are hurting yourself by focusing just on those programs. JMHO.

I think you made a mistake assuming that "lifetime commission" programs only track customers via cookie.

Lifetime Commission affiliate programs generally tie that customer account to you so you get paid on all re-orders even if the cookie is gone. This is usually done by name/phone/email matching and by having customers creating an initial account which permenantly has your affiliate ID# attached to that customer. At NewWebsite.com, we have a recurring monthly commission auto-created that always rewards the referring affiliate every month for referred hosting customers. Hosting, telecom and other "monthly recurring" commission programs are my favorite lifetime commission programs though also I do very well with pharmacy related programs at my Druggist.org site for example.

Larry Wentz
    www.AffiliateNetwork.org
    www.MultipleDomainHosting.net

Here is one. Its been paying me since 1998. I hope I keep living so I can keep getting paid by them for the rest of my lifetime.

[NO AFFILIATE LINKS ARE ALLOWED, much less - Please read the Rules!]

[This message was edited by Haiko on August 13, 2003 at 07:54 PM.]

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread