What do you think of ClixGalore? I have heard them mentioned elsewhere... they seem to get pretty good traffic.

How is there program from a merchant's perspective?

Thanks,

Frankodelic
    UrbanScooters.com

I'm an affiliate of clixgalore. I like fineclicks CPL links better cause clixgalore's seem to spammy alot of the time. The thing that sets clixgalore apart is the abudnace of CPC ads, this is the reason I use them at all.

Check out Albino Freebies

I don't care for their customer support, they have yet to ever answer an email for basic questions that are not answered on their site. The last time I wrote I asked if their checks are mailed from the US or AU, a valid question, I believe, and never got a response.

"...uh, yup."

ABW Ambassador
    I really do feel bad for non-us affiliates, you always seem to get shortchanged. I have mailed them 3 or 4 times, each time a response. But none of the responses were actually helpful.

Chet

I asked them the same question, when are cheques mailed out?, and have also received no reply.

I have had $50 in my account for over a month and have yet to receive it.

Can anyone verify if they pay you?

Hi John, Our service has been owed $60 for about 3 months now form them. We ourselves wrote them twice with no response. We deleted their links from our service (all but 1) to hopefully get their attention and the balance they owe us. The reason why we left 1 is to get active impressions shown, but considerably less than what was being delivered to get our point across to them. Due to our service receiving thousands of unique viewers daily, this should quickly demonstrate to them the importance of responce. Still nothing heard from them as of yet ... hmmmm.

DesignerWiz

From a Merchant's perspective, I can't recommend ClixGalore at the present time. I'm a Gold member and set my program up for US affiliates and US leads only. Also, leads are not supposed to be incentivized.

So far, over 80% of the leads I have received (and am being charged for) are either non US leads or falsified signups. Here are a couple of examples of the leads I've been charged for:
    frjl frjl from dfjsk; Bill Geyts from Georg, Georgea, country of American, phone #3323454; Jon Smith from George, Georgea, country of American.

Of the remaining 10-20% of the leads that aren't obviously false signups, there's no telling if this information is falsly given as well.

If ClixGalore is not able to improve their service, weed out the dishonest affiliates and credit me for all of the bad leads, I won't be renewing my membership nor adding funds to my account.

ABW Ambassador
    I used to be a merchant there for CPL program. I received same number of impressions, clicks and leads on most days. That explains how good they are. They still owe me money, rest of my deposite. They do not return emails. I left a voice mail to cancel my account and got a call back a week later. The person on the phone said I do not have to do anything to cancel the account and they will do everything. Even after that phone call, I continued to get impressions/clicks/leads until I personally emailed all affiates, cancelled the accounts and took the tracking code off.

I am an affiliate of clixgalore
    and i wondered if any affiliates have been falsely accused of fraudulent leads?

Hello Mjay,

I have not heard of that tactic yet from CG .. but nothing comes as a surprise to me after hearing comments made about the program from others. We discontinued all reference to CG after never getting a response to our inquiries. If your still active with them, good luck.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com

Thanks Ray
    Think I'm gonna need some luck,
    judging by other experiences

Affiliate Network Rep
    I noticed they have been spending heavily on advertising though. Go to google and they sit in their $5000/mo spot. They're also on overture doing $5 per click on some affiliate terms.

Maybe this is a last attempt to get it going for them. But it's hard to imagine them being profitable.

I have 2 words for them "they suck". My buddy spent $500 dollars as a merchant and got no leads for weeks. And the clixgalore peeps where not helpful at all.

John Solamito
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.datecam.com
    www.datedollars.com - Affiliate program for Datecam
    johns@datecam.com
    C 206-920-5646

Judging from the postings ive been wasting my time with clix galore. Ive been a member since december 2002, have not seen any checks when i email them about payment all they said was "read our faq" . If clix galore were my only program i used id be homeless and eating in the soup kitchen. If anyone has ever got paid by clix galore please post.

I have been paid by them, but I have had to contact them to get each check sent. However, I may be a special case because when ClixGalore first started they approached me to market their program on my web site, and our campaign for them ran for some time. So maybe my correspondense with them is handled a bit differently. I have accumulated about $300 in commissions since the last check, but I'll let the board now if I get this check when requested.

In this industry, it's important to look at all sides when determining what the root of a problem is. Allot of things can cause the problems you are talking about.

It sounds like they hold their affiliates to a very low standard (no offense), if what Mitzi says about their lead quality is true. Not only does this high acceptance rate mean more affiliates with less personal attention, but if low quality leads are substantial, then many merchants will cancel and, if they're smart, demand their money back. If they are funding their accounts with credit cards, it only takes one phone call to have the charges reversed and, because of the low budget amounts (which do not afford hefty collection fees), there is little recourse for CG. In the end, this means no payment to the affiliates.

The larger, higher quality publishers will have more options and move on to greener pasteurs. This means that the overall quality of CG's deliveries will only continue to decrease and create more dissatisfaction with their merchants, resulting in more cancellations and charge reversals.

These are only some of the problems with an automated system and this sort of cyclic pattern can only be resolved by better paid attention toward improving all aspects of the network integrity.

Joe Flores
    "Profitman"
    Affiliate Manager
    www.affiliatefuel.com

Dipped our toe in water with CG a while back. Everything [negative] written here quickly became obvious.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

I know this is an older thread but thought you may want to hear something positive about ClixGalore. I have only good experiences with them. I have been paid monthly through paypal and completely (ie: if I was paid on the 10th, my commissions were everything I earned through the 9th). I have never had a reversal. Everytime I've sent an email, I've gotten a response. If I've had a problem with a merchant, they contacted them on my behalf immediately. They've always been helpful and friendly. Sometimes they took a bit to answer but I get the same response time from LinkShare, Commission Junction and others. I am happy to say I've yet to have a real negative experience with them. Maybe they are getting better.

Janet

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go 'round and 'round...John Lennon

Well I get paid every month I should get a check, no problems on my end.

Has anyone received any answers to affiliates' questions from Clixgalore? I can`t login into my account after a month of successful working with them. Could this mean that my account simply closed? CG gives no respond at all

Store bookmarks directly and use them on the fly

[This message was edited by migla on July 30, 2003 at 12:32 PM.]

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    I was looking to join these guys, but I just can't. I read their TOS and it says
    ----------------
    Deducted only from Affiliate commission balances greater than US$10, clixGalore charges Affiliates a single monthly network usage fee of US$1.
    A postage fee of US$1.65 appies when commission checks are mailed. This is deducted from the Affiliate balance.
    -----------------
    They deduct $1 from an account every month for no reason. They are taking 20% of the commission to begin with. And after that, they charge you $1.65 to send out a check. I guess all of you who posted b4 should stop complaining that they don't send checks, it saves you $1.65 ;-)

I also didn't like that this paragraph was on the bottom of the TOS, under miscellaneous, not under fees and commissions.

Mike

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread