The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    I must be blind because when I read the terms I couldn't find out what the percentage that the affiliate gets. I have had it on my site only a few days now, but I seem to be doing quite well with it. Anyway, I am curious, what percentage of the click does my site get?

There is also something very interesting, adsense only reads the text on your screen not text links. For most people this won't make a difference. But one (or several) of my content pages was links to other sites where the actually information was. I don't steal content, I link to it (the ethical way). Anyway, lots of key words was removed so the ads wasn't what I expected until changing my site a bit.

Mike

They make it clear that they do not disclose the revenue share figures. You basically take what you get and only know it once you see the results.

A person could do some test clicking to get an idea but the percents may vary from moment to moment and keyword to keyword.

I will say this much. It's good if not better than trying to make actual sales with the same traffic.

Ummmm, I thought under the terms of Google Adsense we are not to talk about it?

But while we are on the subject (LOL), it makes no sense to me. I've been looking at what companies pop up for adsense and experimenting. I drop several that pop up reguarly and see how commissions are with just one main one. Then do a little juggling. What have I found? Not a bit of sense of any of it. LOL

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Where exactly does it say they won't disclose the percentage paid. Because if they don't then technically we don't have an enforcable contract. A contract have 4 elements
    1) Competend parties
    2) A proper legal purpose
    3) Consideration
    4) Mutuality of agreement and of obligation

Back to 3, if I don't know what I am supposed to get, then we can't have a contract. i.e. they refuse to pay me, they say I'm getting 0% per click all of a sudden, I sue for breach, since there isn't an exact percent we have no contract and I was screwed.

A reasonable consideration would be say 50% of they charge they their advertizers. There are ads (PSAs) where they get 0 so I get 50% of 0 or 0 fine. Others where they get 20 cents so I would get 10 cents. Anyway, please show me where it explicitly says they won't tell so I can email them about it.

Mike

quote:
    A person could do some test clicking to get an idea but the percents may vary from moment to moment and keyword to keyword.

Test clicking is against the TOS of Google Adsense also, and can get you removed from the program.

Debs, I don't think Ron 'test clicks', all he did was remove alll the ads until there was 1 and waited for someone to click and see how much he got. Nothing is wrong with this, of course, all Ron got was a headache.

BTW, how did you become the official bartender and if you are how come I never get any drinks while I am here?

Mike

I found where it says it won't tell you and I noticed something else. google uses adwords and adsense interchangably. Well maybe not, adsense seems to be the account you sign up for, but adwords are the actual ads.
    Not 100% though.
    Mike

As much as I've enjoyed using adsense the whole Idea of not being allowed to talk about it and not being told what you will get paid is bullsh*t.

PS permission is not granted to repost this so any kiss-ups are out of luck. Not that kiss-ups frequent around here.

[This message was edited by Heyder on September 25, 2003 at 02:23 AM.]

Just Lurking
    From reading this, I'm wondering how long you all have been EMPLOYED by Google. Sounds like they are interested in more than results and would like to supervice your interaction with other EMPLOYEES. Report them to the IRS.

quote:
    BTW, how did you become the official bartender and if you are how come I never get any drinks while I am here?

Mmmm, ok a newbie to this board, who read the TOS & FAQ on Adsense, responds to a suggestion of "test clicks" not "limiting ads to determine the amount of a click" and I get flamed?

BTW I am only a newbie to this board, not the internet or webmastering. I was trying to help someone from getting kicked out of Adsense for clicking their own ads to test values.

If that's the way the oldies respond to newbies, I'll stick to the boards that really want to help people.

Ciao

ABW Ambassador
    Debs, the "bartender" comment was not aimed at you. Check the slogan under 7-days' user name and you'll see where it came from.

Elisabeth Archambault

Just Lurking
    Hey Debs, This place takes some getting use to. And these people are EXTREMELY helpful just start reading the archive.

Don't feel too bad about biting ojmoo's head off(although he may feel different about that), I bit off Haiko's the other day for no good reason. Sorry again Haiko! Just apologise and be glade no one take us Newbies serious.

Debs my comments weren't directed at you. Please put away the flame retardant and grab the hose next to the rest of us waiting to spray google.

Debs & All,

For clarrification, I was not clicking on any of the ads, just blocking certain merchants already on my site.

Bar is tended in the Chat room. I'm lousy at making drinks, but I'm a good listener.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

quote:
    I was not clicking on any of the ads

what ads?

I apologize for being too sensitive to the bartender comment. Now that I look back on the post, I can see how it confused me.

Thank you for the clarification

Debs

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread